Ratings for Dr. Biraj D. Shah

Dr. Shah partners with the patient on care. By this I mean, she is a very engaged, careful listener who takes input, then has a respectful dialogue with you about options. She starts with common sense before leaping to conclusions. This is exactly the style I prefer and have had a hard time finding in the 12 years since I moved from Seattle. I see someone else here thinks that some unnecessary tests were ordered, 6 years ago. It might be that it was a very difficult diagnosis by any standard or the young Doc has grown as a Physician, because in 2017, I feel she works against doing that. I actually moved on from another newbie Doc Dr. Shah for this reason. That one ordered a test my insurance refused to pay for. So off the mark, it was. Sure we all wish to get that Doc in the sweet zone between fresh out of school and so old as to be outta touch. I think Dr. Shah is definitely in that zone now. Get on board with her before she stops taking patients. I am extremely satisfied with her care. If you are her patient and mention pain you will be seen very quickly. In my experience that day or the next, by her nurse practitioners. They mirror her style and are as excellent. I can't say about phone calls in. I use the Scripps portal. Very good response with that.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2017

Very poor job of returning calls or emails in a timely fashion. not accessible.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr. Shah is one of the nicest doctors I have ever encountered. She is down to earth and just a breath of fresh air. She always makes you feel at ease. If you have a problem, she won't brush it off like some doctors do; she takes every concern you may have seriously. The only downside is that she doesn't have as much experience as some who have been in the profession longer, and in my case she didn't recognize what condition I had right away. This resulted in a barrage of tests and a lot of trial and error before arriving at a diagnosis. While I appreciated her thoroughness, I received a lot of unnecessary tests (and hence unnecessary radiation from MRI's, CT scans, etc). What can you do though; it's better to be safe than sorry. I think that with time and more experience, she will be even better. Her genuine concern for patients and wonderful bedside manner are a rarity and I recommend her wholeheartedly.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

Outstanding in patient manner, knowledge, willingness to help...simply wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2009

Dr. Biraj D. Shah's Credentials

• Hindi

• New York Medical College (Grad. 2002)

MSP/BC Med