Ratings for Dr. Joyce Coles

Dr Coles is kind and caring and takes my concerns seriously. She's personable too and most importantly great with my ADHD son. The staff at the front are nice except for this one horrible lady whose name starts with an M. She shouldn't be working in healthcare as she has no compassion. I suspect the other posts I've read about rude staff are likely just from her as the other staff are genuinely kind. It only takes one bad apple to ruin the whole experience and this gal can certainly achieve that. Aside from that, Dr Coles is great. My advice is to prepare to be treated poorly by one receptionist and avoid speaking to a receptionist with the first initial M. If you do this, you'll have a great visit.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

My last 3 appointments I have waited over a hour to get in, 2 of which I left because of other plans I had that day and could not wait any longer. I understand that sometimes there is a wait but this is a little much. I make appointments for a particular time for a reason yet it seems it is not a priority to them. She is a good doctor but if you don't have a long time to wait, I don't suggest it.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

Dr Joyce is the best. I tried finding other drs closer to my home after we moved and I was never happy.. I decided after this that i would stick with this awesome dr. She is great with my whole family. We all consider her an important part of our life.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Joyce Coles for many years now. I find her to be personable, caring , thorough and very professional. Brookside Clinic has lost their best Doctor in the past 15 years as far as I am concerned. I have Followed Dr. Coles to her new (and nicer) location.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

One of the most compassionate, knowledgable, understanding doctors I've met in all my years. You can really feel that she cares about her patients and their well being.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2015

Dr Coles is the best Dr I have ever had. I cannot believe that any of the negative comments below are about the same Dr Coles. She has always been extremely thorough, thoughtful and appropriate in her care for both my medical needs and those of my son. I would highly recommend her to anyone that I care about.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Joye is a great Doctor, She has been my family Dr for over 4 years. Sorry to hear she is leaving the Hatchet Lake practice. She is not moving too far away so our family will follow her. She has always been very knowledgeable and has actively included me in the health care choices based on medical tests. The area will be losing a great doc, best wishes in her new practice.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I am very happy with Dr. Coles service, I am amazed at the negative comments however I can understand that not every personality clicks. Dr. Coles fixed my skin condition (tinea versicolor) for which the Navy was unable to remedy over the 18 years that I had the condition (fungus). Dr. Coles is the GP for our family of 6, and its nice to have found someone who knows who we are when we do have appointments. Reception has been hit or miss for me but my wife has never had any issues in setting up appointments. I would recommend DR. Coles as a GP for anyone moving into the Brookside area.

Submitted March 31, 2015

We were forced to bring our daughter to her when our regular GP was unavailable. We had the sense that she had little concern as we were not regular patients. Comments made to our daughter were rude and bordered on aggressive and badgering. This is not a professional person and although we are in short supply of physicians I would not recommend seeking her advice nor guidance. Perhaps Dr. Coles should attend a customer service course to refine her skills in dealing with people.

Submitted November 11, 2014

Great Dr. Not sure if negative comment below could be for the same Dr. Coles,Must be another somewhere that is tarnishing her name.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014