Ratings for Dr. Darin M. Minkin

Excellent and compassionate physician. My sleeve gastrectomy went perfectly and now I have a new life! My diabetes and sleep apnea were gone within weeks of the operation. Dr. Minkin is truly an expert

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

I had my lapband done by Dr Minkin and I have been back to him recently for tightens and his DA is terrible she can't ever find the port she has hurt me over and over again cause an infection in the port and tubing hat it connects to this experience has been the worst I thought dr Minkin would follow me through this chapter of my life but he has been rude making me feel like I'm a baby and his staff is teribly rude I will never go back !

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Minkin is an extremely caring doctor with a great bedside manner. His office is very busy but I have found the staff very helpful. In addition to doing my surgery he has operated on 2 of my co-workers and we have all done awesome. I will continue to recommend him to anyone who asks me about my weight loss surgery.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Dr Minkin is one of the nicest Drs I have ever met. Great bedside manner and makes you feel very comfortable and confident.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2014

I agree with others,they were about money. The lady that does the scheduling and takes payments very rude! I made a payment and she made a rude comment about the amount I was paying so embarrassed. At least I was paying. Haven't been back.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

I had Lapband surgery with Dr Minkin 10/09.When I went for my first"fill"the needle would not go in and Dr Minkin was literally laying on me pushing the needle in over&over again&could notfind the port.I told him it hurt&he acted mad at ME.Then I had a test to see what wasgoing on&the port was turned the wrong way.I started having extreme diarrhea after that time which he told me was normal.I knew it wasn't.I had to have the 2nd surgery to move my port 12/09& d exactly one week to the day at my job I was so sick&went to the bathroom&I passed 4 large bloodclots&almost passed out.I was so sick when I got home Icalled Dr Minkin he was so rude &told me it was not from the surgery,I had to have had something going on beforemy surgery which I wasn't true.I have found out since I was not supposed to considered for the surgery due to my autoimmune disease&my Grandmother had LupusI now have Chronic Crohns Disease& have been sick ever since.07/13 I had my whole colon removed due to ulcers.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I would never recommend this Doctor. His staff wasn't compassionate and were very rude. The doctor was more interested in making money, then taking time to help his patients. I was very disappointed and refuse to go back. I am looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2012

Dr. Minkin was very nice the first time I met him, but his office staff is not. They don't schedule procedures very well. The day before my endescopy I called to see what time the hospital wanted me there and they told me that Dr. Minkin's office never scheduled it. I told them that I had taken off two days vacation just for this procedure. Luckily the hospital worked me in anyway, but his office staff stinks. They don't go out of their way to help people understand how things work with scheduling the other procedures that Dr. Minkin wants you to have before having the lap band procedure, whether you are supposed to go and make these appointments on your own or if they will schedule them for you (yeah like they did my stomach scope). I also feel that they are just too commercialized acting. I'm actually thinking of canceling everything with him because of his office staff and switching over to Dr. Richardson in hopes that his office staff is more professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2009