Ratings for Dr. Ali Mortazavi

Dr M, his PA and the assisting nurses have been nothing but supportive, open eared and willing to help. Each and everyone made sure that my concerns were heard and an explanation was given. Dr M is literally the best doctor I’ve ever came across and I would recommend him within a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Absolutely the best Surgeon ever. Dr M feels like a family member that cares about your well being. Laminectomy last year, Fusion in another month or so. My surgeon is the best. Awesome staff!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Love, love, love Dr. Mortazavi & his staff!!!! They are the best in my opinion. Two back surgeries and regular pain meds. No problems. They feel like family!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2014

Don't waste your time or money. I had back surgery in June (I'm 24) and at first the back pain/nerve pain in my left leg went away and now it has come back with a vengeance and Mortazavi has cut me loose. "Great" follow up care, yeah right. The only staff member that is awesome is Kelley. She is so helpful and actually cares about the patients. I called to get more muscle relaxers and 7.5 hydros because I am back to working 40 hour weeks and the nurse, Amanda, told me over the phone that he will no longer help me and that I need to find another doctor. I was just in his office maybe 3 weeks ago and he did not tell me any of this. I even told him that I was moving but would fly back for any appointments. He was okay with all of that 3 weeks ago yet when I need medicine they tell me to go somewhere else. I've only called 2x for pain medicine in the last month and a half so I'm not a drug seeker. I just don't understand.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

I was talked to as through I was a not a person, I felt as thought he thought I was too old to bother with, I am only 69. So he therefore sentenced to me a life of pain and relying on a walker for assistance. I was so very disappointed and confused when I left his office. My appointment was with Dr Mortazavi, but he had to go to hospital, so his PA explained there would be two surgeries and his nurse even explained all about insurance and gave me paper work to take to my primary phisican. I decided to wait and when Dr Mortazavi arrive he was very friendly with my daughter and daughter in law but spoke to me as if I was a not able to understand him. Then he when explained the procedure he want to do it had nothing to do with surgery or relieving my pain. He actually sent me to another pain clinic. I do not want drugs for the rest of my life or do I want to rely on a walker. I had heard such great things about this doctor I was very very disapointed

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

Mortazavi told me I have the neck of an elderly woman even though I'm not even 50. He's already recommended surgery based on my X-rays alone. Still waiting for my MRI to be scheduled (slow) I was given several non-opiate medications to help control the intense pain, but nothing helped, when I called to request something more effective, I was treated like a drug addict by his staff and denied any effective pain relief by Mortazavi. I went to Resurgeons to seek relief from pain, not only did they do nothing to help, but they made me feel humiliated for even asking for pain relief. According to the 'good' doctor, I will need surgery, but he won't be doing it!!!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

By far the absolute best. I went to Dr. Mortazavi for a second opinion regarding my neck. He was very thorough and explained things in a simple to understand manner. He performed disc replacement/fusion surgery on me and I have nothing but great things to say about him and his staff. All are very knowledgable and make a sincere effort to help you. I have never experienced the "too busy to be bothered by questions" attitude that I received at other specialists. Strongly recommend him for any orthopedic problems.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

One of the best physicians I've ever seen. Excellent bedside manner, easy to talk too, felt like I was his only patient.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2013

Dr. Mortazavi, Has been absolutely great. He has given me excellent medical advice. I have been a patient for over 4years and just had back surgery with Dr. Mortazavi he did an excellent job and has always been very honest with me. He has done another friend of mines back surgery also with great success. I highly recommend him. His staff has been very helpful and done an excellent job as well. Craig A. Smith

flag | Submitted August 4, 2012

DR. MORTAZAVI GAVE UP HIS PERSONAL TIME TO DO MY SURGERY ON THE WEEKEND WHEN HE WASN'T ON CALL. I HAD EXCELLANT RECOVERY.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Dr. Ali Mortazavi's Credentials

• University Of Health Sciences/Chicago Medical School (Grad. 1998)

Commercial Insurance Company