Ratings for Dr. Alvin Lau

Dr Lau has had lped me alot have very bad health and he have controled my health

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr. Lau has been very helpful in encouraging me to go gluten free and to stop eating red meat in particular...due to rheumatoid arthritis. He seems very knowledgeable, and makes every attempt to reduce any toxic type medications or exchage them for natural ways to treat or cure. He is not really sociable but then doctors are not there to socialize but to listen and treat as needed..I have no issues with my doctor and have no interest in changing...one thing I would remind people is that we need to ask for certain things such as xrays, bloodwork etc..if we don't have an ongoing problem. The responsibility is ours...and that is ok with me.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2014

I was diagnosed with fibro by a specialist and he does not think that fybro exist.my specialist told me my family doctor would treat me but if he doesn't acknowledge that fybro does exist I have to suffer.alls I want is a family doctor who will treat me with the right meds .

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Every time I've encountered Dr. Lau he's been kind and knowledgeable. Other commenters have stated that his staff isn't friendly and at times I might agree but don't think it's fair to rate him based on their performance. He listens to my concerns and is very helpful when I do need to go. I like that he doesn't push drugs but instead offers lifestyle modification. That shows he's kept up with the times.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

am one of his first patients when he first came to Sarnia He helped my wife give up ciggarrettes which she had smoked for 60 years . he had one staff member who was very rude unfortunately she was the one we got when we called the present staff is very good . He seems a little hesitant to touch you I think he does not spend enough time discussing your problem my wife recently passed away and he was very compassionate . I went to him before he was suspended for a year and still go to him with the doctor shortage will probably be with him the rest of my life I am 84 .

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

I moved to Sarnia 10 yrs ago, 5 yrs later i was referred to Dr. Lau. It is hard to get a Family Doctor in this City. I have been a patient for five yrs now and frankly i wonder if he is a real doctor. There is an assistant there who seams to know more than he does, he is scared to examine his patient and never does much when i go there. I am puzzled and cocern about his ability as a medical Doctor, mabe he lacks confidence; and his secrataries behind the desk are very rude although they are kute.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

the one wormen is very rude. everytime i go in she uses a degrading voice. be littls. and does not let ppl know when and where there appoitment is. like most doctors

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

I was refrred to Dr. Lau in early 2010 and I found him to be a bit quiet, but please don't pick that up as lacking confidence. He is assertive, asks plenty of questions, so he is not ghuessing at any solutions, much like other doctors may. He was able to direct me to a specialist in short order when he identified a possible problem. A previous writer indicated taht you must be as diligent with your health as your expect your doctor to be and that comment holds so much truth to it. If you can get Dr. Lau, be confident he will do his best to help.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2011

He is very gentle and a really nice guy ... but for me being a good doctor is more important than being nice which I am still not so sure about. He is not confident and does not follow up on any issue. My wife has blood pressure problem and was seen by a specialist in Alberta on regular basis, but he does not even take that seriously. And it is difficult to get an appointment with him as his staff tries to diagnose the problem over phone (she is not even a doctor for God's shake!!!) and advises us to go to emergency!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2010

Very good doctor, highly recommended! Always a good experience going to his office even when I'm not well.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2010