Ratings for Dr. Scott M. Rinella

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

I recently joined them and of course no Dr. Rinella and only a PA. Previous dr had put me on a med for Fibromyalgia and Arthritis pain. The PA named Pratt refilled my meds but said I had to come in one month later before she would refill to make sure I was not addicted which I did. Said she would refill one time on phone then come back in 2 months. My pharmacy called it in 6 weeks after last 30 day supply was filled and no response.Finally a week later I called.Dr.Rinella will not ok it without an appointment which of course will take several weeks to get. Instead he calls in Ibuprofen which is clearly in my chart that I am allergic to! Nurse calls me back to tell me I need to see a pain management dr. I have HMO which again he would know I need referral if he looked at my chart. I also had blood work done which they called and said all is good. I had them fax me a copy and my liver enzymes were high along with my cholesterol.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

Worst office ever u can never get in no earlier than two wks, i just got seen after having being in the hospital and was referred to see the doc. In two days, nope didnt happen. A wk later i got in they referred me to specialist and i cant make a appointment because the office has not sent the paperwork. Ive called each location 3 times each and no success, there receptionist is rude and very unprofessional and the referral nurse plainly sucks. I always givepeople the benefit of the doubt but this has been a rocky time as a patientfor 5 yrs time to bail.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2014

I made an appt 3 weeks ahead of time (so this wasn't a last-minute-squeeze-you-in kinda appt). After waiting an HOUR past my appt time, to my surpise, in walks a P.A. I asked about seeing Dr. Rinella and was told he wasn't there. No apology for being late, no apology that the doctor wasn't there. So I give this PA copies of past medical paperwork to get prescriptions filled (anti-cancer medicine) that I've been on for over a year. She only gave me a prescription for 1-month. I think that's ridiculous to expect me to keep coming back once a month just to get a prescription. I showed her proof I've already been on this med for over a year now! I've already switched doctors. Overall, BAD experience (don't get me started about their voice message system and not being able to speak to a real person).

flag | Submitted January 16, 2013

I had a bit of a wait, but overall a good experience. I think I'll continue to see Dr. Rinella.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

I've been seeing dr. Rinella for years. He's always been very compassionate and listens to my concerns. I think the office has been re-staffed. The new receptionist has been very helpful. Over all I think he's a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR'S OFFICE!!! This office is the worst office I have been to yet. All of the med staff and office personnel have an attitude. They make you feel like you are bothering them for medical attention. It starts with the med tech lady treating you like dirt. She won't answer your questions and then gives you dirty looks with rude remarks. The PA never diagnoses anything. You could go in there with a dangling broken arm and she would tell you there's nothing wrong with you. This office is out of control with a doctor who is absent from giving care most of the time. When he first opened the practice, it was great care. He encouraged you to become a patient of his. Over the course of the short time he has been there, the care has hit rock bottom. He is not managing his personnel and their attitudes. I do not recommend this doctor for any type of care. Very sad to see a doctor let his office self-destruct with the people he staffs it with.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

It's sad to say that Dr.Rinella is an okay doctor. Yet his office staff is very poor. The manager of this office is far from been profesional, yet she is rude and shows no interest in the patients needs. On the other hand the referral coordinator promises to call you back and it literally takes her a week to return your call. I dont understande how Dr.Rinella is running his office but i know that he will be loosing alot of patients due to these girls he has working for him. A couple of times i've spoke to Sam the manager on the phone, shes rude and automatically puts you on hold. Cora sounds like shes mad at the world and has no intensions on helping you. The new receptionist has issues, never new a doctors office screened your calls. Recptionist who is no longer there was a sweet and caring person always did her best to get you in as soon as possible. I dont understand why she is no longer there. But i hope shes in a better place using her great knowledge elsewhere. Office is a joke!!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Dr. Rinella's office staff is far from professional. On numerous occasions, I did not receive return calls even when talking with Cora in the office who stated she would call me back. I have filed a complaint with Prime Care and will also with Health Net. I eventually was able to speak with Dr. Rinella who was reluctant to "crucify [his] staff" over "mistakes" (which includes a prescription I was given without a name on it). Dr. Rinella told me "that does not sound like Cora, I will have a talk with her." Of course it doesn't "sound like Cora," he isn't the PATIENT who is dealing with her lack of professionalism and lack of accountability. To say the least, I am completely appalled at the lack of professionalism and lack of BASIC patient care. Thank God I do not have a life-threatening illness or condition on top of dealing with this nonsense.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

Dr. Scott M. Rinella's Credentials

• College Of Osteo Of The Pacific (Grad. 1996)

Pacificare