Ratings for Dr. John A. Digiglia

I went to Lake Area Medical Center yesterday and was seen by Dr. Digiglia. I had surgery with Dr. Sinervo (excellent) on June 1 in Atlanta and flew back June 7. I went to Atlanta for his expertise with endometriosis. I began to have significant pain and bruising. At first I thought it was from traveling. I decided to call Dr. Sinervo after hours. His partner, Dr. Kangoasa (also excellent), was on call so I spoke to him about my symptoms. He told me what symptoms to look for and advised I either go to the ER that night or to an urgent care he next morning. I went to urgent care at 8:00 the next morning. The Dr. advised that I go, immediately, to the ER for a CT Scan as he suspected it was a hematoma. I went to Lake Area Medical Center ER and was seen quickly. I saw Dr. Digiglia and he began questioning why I went out of state for surgery. I was there for 7 hours. I finally had the CT Scan done. He came into the room and told me there was some blood and asked ME what I wanted to do. He said it may or may not be from surgery. He stated, "no doctor is gonna want to touch you because you had surgery out of state." He told me to follow up with my local GYN or PCP. Then he told me he didn't know what to do because he wasn't a surgeon. He did NOT consult with any surgeon. He also told me I should have gone to Memorial hospital since my PCP worked there and said "why would you come here if your doctor doesn't make rounds here." I explained I was doing what the urgent care doctor said to do and went to the nearest ER. I begged him to call my doctor in Atlanta. I made an appointment with my local GYN for the next day. My original appointment was on the 15th. He finally acknowledged that I had a hematoma. I went to the bathroom and he was asleep at the nurses station. He woke up and said "I'm waiting to hear from Atlanta but you need to see your doctor soon." I informed him that I had already called my doctor's office and had an appointment the next day and he stated, "oh okay then I'll discharge you." I was discharged with no instructions or symptoms to look for. I will be reporting him to the hospital and to the Board.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

Been my doc for years, always will be. Has never let me down, and has always fixed me up!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

i get the impression that i get on his nerves when asking questions

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

Dr. John A. Digiglia's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1986)

Multiplan