Ratings for Dr. Jack Albin

If it wasn't for Dr. Jack Albin, I probably wouldn't have graduated highschool, let alone become a member of the college of trades. I was a teenager when I first met him. I was in an abusive relashonship with a heavy drug addict. Albin was a strong support system that I needed to get out of that when I was 18. He was the first person to put perspective and support back into my life after being through multiple counsellors and one therapist. I will never forget all the advice and support he gave me. Thank you.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

Dr. Albin, what can I say. I was there with my daughter once this summer, and he was telling a lot of stories about other patients, as others have noted. Very loose with confidentiality. Also, he was extremely irate after being asked about his ability to provide custody and access services. After being charged with professional misconduct in 2001, he is unable to provide any assessment for custody and access, or CAS cases. For some reason, he mentioned that he previously used to work these cases all the time, despite being required (in 2001) to immediately revise his curriculum vitae to exclude any reference to his past performance of or his ongoing ability to perform any work falling within this limitation. Started yelling at me for asking about this misconduct, with a small child on the other side of the door, and proceeded to give graphic details of the case in question, again with a small child on the other side of the door, who could have heard any of this. I'm not sure how this person is still practicing psychology, to be honest.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr Albin, Hey did a great job with diagnosing my daughters Issues.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

Dr Albin is a humanitarian, people person. He is a high energy, friendly man, and has a humourious way with children, A relaxing athomphere puts everyone at ease.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Don't appreciate his bedside manner or sharing stories of other patients. More concerned about money then our child's well-being. Disappointed all around.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

We have been using Dr Jack Albin for approximately 7 years. The jokes and scenarios - the kids relate to them, he captures their attention and smoothly connects it with problems they are having at school and at home. He was the reason my son made it through high school, and unwards to become successful in a career he used to dream of. My daughter also found him understanding and gave her tools to cope, scenarios to deal with in a "what if` this happened how would you handle it and why``. From time to time she still sees him for help and advice, as do I. The key is to find a psychologist that you are comfortable with, they are human like everyone else and we all approach things differently. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

We had years of run around until our family doctor recommended Dr. Albin. Dr.Albin has been fabulous with getting our son the help he desperately needed... counselling, testing, support and implementing recommendations at school. Don't waste your time going from one taxpayer funded counselling services to another and get your child the help they need by seeing Dr.Albin. He's a bit eccentric and will speak in analogies but kids respond to this!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

This man was key in me losing contact with my child. I would like to connect with other people who have been likewise affected by this man. I'm not sure how to do that or if it's ok to leave contact info on here?

flag | Submitted March 18, 2015

Clearly I'm not the only one with concerns about this guy (My experience was very similar to many others who wrote here) . I'm thinking about registering a complaint with the board that regulates psychologists. http://www.cpo.on.ca/Concerns_and_Complaints.aspx Feel free to do the same.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

This man presents himself as a psychologist....he is anything but. He seems to want to be a teenager's friend. His constant use of swear words is absolutely appalling. He sets himself up as 'family' counsellor, when his main purpose is to constantly tell tales about other families. I wouldn't take my cat to him! I really question his credentials.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2014