Ratings for Dr. Ursula McGarry

because of personal opinions on medical marijuanna she was completely negligent of a 60 year old patient who had survived a brain annurism... he complained of chronic pain and she did not... take blood, do urine sample, or xrays.. he dies w/in 1 week of diagnosis by another dr. that his lung cancer had mastisized to his liver... how does a dr not know this!! she showed no compation for the chronic pain he was in and made no attempt to investigate why it got so progressively worse.. she did dismiss him though,,, while he was unknowly dying!!!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

she knows my mother passed away and thinks that is the cause of all my health issues, brings it up every time I am there, the only helpful thing she has done for me is get an appointment to get my tonsils removed. wrong about how medications will effect me. it takes forever to be able to book an appointment, no one picks up the phone. hopefully will be witching doctors.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Not an assembly line doctor. McGarry takes her time to understand your condition and more importantly to make sure her patients understand what is going on.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

She removed a piece of metal from my eye within seconds of accessment, I could not believe how easy it was for her ! I have had this done many times before by other doctors, with varried results, including one time at Almonte hospital, that was almost a disaster. Dr. Ursala McGarry, you can be my doctor anytime !

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

a few months a go, i Ended up in emerg , and was in pretty rough shape. they had to do a procedure that i was particularily terrified of, and she held my hand and talked me through the whole thing. she was really great and genuinely caring

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I am responding after reading the two negative reviews below. I have found Dr. McGarry to be very compassionate, very knowledgeable, and very interested in educating patients to participate in their own health care. I think she is one in a million and we are really lucky to have her. I have not had a doctor that is as competent as she is, ever. She loves a challenge and, if I am ill, I welcome that. I have loved her staff - every one of them.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

way too scattered for me.has to to be told what to do

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Went to Emerg at Almonte Gen Hospital and Dr. McGarry was on duty that night. Staff were nice, wait was over an hour, which I am not complaining about. Went through triage and was taken to a room where I could lie down instead of go back to waiting room. I was in such amazing pain, that I didn’t think about it until on way home (when pain meds kicked in) that she did not lay a finger on me. Did not examine me at all !!!!! I was floored. She sat beside the bed and had a nice manner, but she did not examine me. She had the nurse shoot me in the butt with Toridol, but THAT WAS IT. The next day upon further examination, I noticed a swelling in my left ab that she would have noticed if she had examined me. I am currently under care for a DX for this “bulge” and the pain that I went to see her for still exist. All I am saying here is WHAT GOOD DOCTOR SEE’S SOMEONE IN EMERG AND DOES NOT EXAMINE THEM ???????????????

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

A very caring professional. Your health concerns are immediately addressed. Dr. McGarry Makes every effort to refer you to a specialist when need be. Although you are keprewriting 45 mon or more I understand why because she takes the time to listen and reassure you your concerns are addressed. She records all your info on the computer as she speaks with you and goes over the results of bloodwork etc in the follow up. She is rare find, I will miss her when we Make a move to another community

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Dr McGarry is the full package. She is caring, thorough, down to earth and keeps very up to date on current practice and non-traditional medicine. She also gives a very gentle examination and is great at giving needles. I do miss having her husband as her secretary and his sense of humour but the new family health team in Almonte is also wonderful!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013