Ratings for Dr. Asif Salyani

Staff was amazing, caring and attentive!! Dr. Salyani is very professional and knowledgeable in his field. Had 2 cataract surgeries at the New Market Clinic, won't say that I enjoyed them but the results are nothing short of incredible!!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Have seen him in Pickering and in Newmarket. Staff over books appointments! Plan on being in his office 2 -4 hours for a consultation or regular appointment. His bedside manner leaves much to be desired. He hears your problem, tells you what he is going to do, and see you later..... goodbye. Didn't fix my problem with my eye. Going to see another opthamologist for a second opinion. I wasn't impressed to say the least. Felt like I was just a number.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

Dr. Salyani provides excellent service and is very proficient in his field. His professionalism is greatly appreciated.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr. Salyani has no respect for his patients time. He over books his office to the point you have to wait hours for a 5 minute consultation. We are looking elsewhere for an eye specialist.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

My experience with Dr. Salyani has been excellent. Having come to him with a macular hole which needed surgery, I found the whole experience handled in a professional manner, and the actual surgery was carried out in a same fashion. I am recovering ahead of schedule, and can say that to a great degree this is due to his skill. It is possible that I may have future problems with my eyes, and should that be the case I will certainly trust them to Dr. Salyani. Andrew Battagliotti

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude to Dr. Asif Salyani for his extreme dedication to his field of expertise and the utmost professional care and conduct he provided. Life throws curves in our existence, and I happen to be the recipient of one of those curves. I arrived at Dr. Salyani's office, one person amongst 40 others; all waiting their turn. Once seated in front of Dr. Salyani. With the diagnoses not being good at all, life and treatment was about to become painful, agonizing long and almost immobilized in a position that is not normal. I had a severe "Retinal detachment with a full sized mature cataract". One had to be treated first before the other. I cannot explain in words the amount of agonizing pain and time this all took, and how all of a sudden what we (I) take for granted is on the verge of becoming non-existent. I could leave this office with the remaining time of my life with only one eye functioning. I was that close. Like I said in my opening remarks; The amount of time I waited behind those 40 other patients, or the pain I may have endured through "Laser" was well worth the wait and pain. I would even double it. For Dr. Salyani opening up his office and calling in surgical staff on a Saturday to perform surgery that could not wait, successfully treat me and give me sight. I cannot express my gratitude enough. And finally! The staff. If you open up, and are friendly, you will experience the most mindful and cheerful staff ever to exist. The only downfall in all of this, is that Dr. Salyani has to make up for the lack of government money (OHIP), not enough provincial hospitals in our own municipalities and surgery time that should be dedicated to these professionals. Sincerely thankful J. Steven Lanthier

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

My experience with both Dr. Sayani and staff was excellent. The clinical in Newmarket is a very busy place and yes there are waiting times but that in this day and age is not unusual. Dr. Salyani did listen to my concerns and dealt with them accordingly. I would not hesitate to recommend his facility and staff.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Salyani since he found my detached retinas in 2013. At that time his office did not have the surgical unit up and running but he took the time to get me seen at Sunnybrook that same day (sure, this probably made someone else wait a while to be seen but you would want that same treatment if it was you) and thank goodness he did. I was within hours of losing the sight in my right eye! Since then I have returned on multiple occasions to his offices in Newmarket and Richmond Hill and yes, his office is extremely busy and you can expect to wait for a while but the at end you will know you have been seen/treated by a real professional! He truly cares about each case he sees. His office has now done both my eyes for cataracts and after passing out twice, Dr. Salyani and his staff treated me with flying colours. I have to drive over two hours to see him and will continue to do so as I know that my eyes and sight are as important to him as well as myself.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

His staff were great, they did all the tests I needed in a timely fashion. Dr. Salyani is amazing. He was the first person to listen to me, to really hear what I was saying. He was so helpful, referring me to another specialist. I've been facing an, as of yet, unknown chronic illness and have gotten used to leaving doctor's offices feeling ignored and helpless. Dr. Salyani was just the opposite, I left feeling validated and like someone wants to help. Thanks so much!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016