You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Asif Salyani

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr. Salyani has no respect for his patients time. He over books his office to the point you have to wait hours for a 5 minute consultation. We are looking elsewhere for an eye specialist.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

My experience with Dr. Salyani has been excellent. Having come to him with a macular hole which needed surgery, I found the whole experience handled in a professional manner, and the actual surgery was carried out in a same fashion. I am recovering ahead of schedule, and can say that to a great degree this is due to his skill. It is possible that I may have future problems with my eyes, and should that be the case I will certainly trust them to Dr. Salyani. Andrew Battagliotti

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude to Dr. Asif Salyani for his extreme dedication to his field of expertise and the utmost professional care and conduct he provided. Life throws curves in our existence, and I happen to be the recipient of one of those curves. I arrived at Dr. Salyani's office, one person amongst 40 others; all waiting their turn. Once seated in front of Dr. Salyani. With the diagnoses not being good at all, life and treatment was about to become painful, agonizing long and almost immobilized in a position that is not normal. I had a severe "Retinal detachment with a full sized mature cataract". One had to be treated first before the other. I cannot explain in words the amount of agonizing pain and time this all took, and how all of a sudden what we (I) take for granted is on the verge of becoming non-existent. I could leave this office with the remaining time of my life with only one eye functioning. I was that close. Like I said in my opening remarks; The amount of time I waited behind those 40 other patients, or the pain I may have endured through "Laser" was well worth the wait and pain. I would even double it. For Dr. Salyani opening up his office and calling in surgical staff on a Saturday to perform surgery that could not wait, successfully treat me and give me sight. I cannot express my gratitude enough. And finally! The staff. If you open up, and are friendly, you will experience the most mindful and cheerful staff ever to exist. The only downfall in all of this, is that Dr. Salyani has to make up for the lack of government money (OHIP), not enough provincial hospitals in our own municipalities and surgery time that should be dedicated to these professionals. Sincerely thankful J. Steven Lanthier

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

My experience with both Dr. Sayani and staff was excellent. The clinical in Newmarket is a very busy place and yes there are waiting times but that in this day and age is not unusual. Dr. Salyani did listen to my concerns and dealt with them accordingly. I would not hesitate to recommend his facility and staff.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Salyani since he found my detached retinas in 2013. At that time his office did not have the surgical unit up and running but he took the time to get me seen at Sunnybrook that same day (sure, this probably made someone else wait a while to be seen but you would want that same treatment if it was you) and thank goodness he did. I was within hours of losing the sight in my right eye! Since then I have returned on multiple occasions to his offices in Newmarket and Richmond Hill and yes, his office is extremely busy and you can expect to wait for a while but the at end you will know you have been seen/treated by a real professional! He truly cares about each case he sees. His office has now done both my eyes for cataracts and after passing out twice, Dr. Salyani and his staff treated me with flying colours. I have to drive over two hours to see him and will continue to do so as I know that my eyes and sight are as important to him as well as myself.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

His staff were great, they did all the tests I needed in a timely fashion. Dr. Salyani is amazing. He was the first person to listen to me, to really hear what I was saying. He was so helpful, referring me to another specialist. I've been facing an, as of yet, unknown chronic illness and have gotten used to leaving doctor's offices feeling ignored and helpless. Dr. Salyani was just the opposite, I left feeling validated and like someone wants to help. Thanks so much!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Love Dr. Salyani! I have known Dr. Salyani for many years when he first diagnosed the Macular hole in my left eye. Without the tremendous support, brilliant mind and experienced hands of Dr. Salyani my vision would be severely damaged, Love Dr. Salyani's staff both in the Richmond Hill office and the Newmarket office. Thank you!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2016

We need more specialists like him. Yes, it is an extremely busy facility but he is very good at what he does. He is kind and will easily answer your questions without being dismissive.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Went to see doctor Salyani in his new state o the art location Newmarket. The staff was very friendly and overall the waiting was not bad considering you go from you procedure to another until you finally get to see the Dr. I was very disappointed that after all those tests and time spent at his practice the doctor patient interaction took less than 3 minutes. He did not listen to what I had to say. Instead, he simply flashed that bright light at my eyes for 3 seconds a gave me a sales pitch to have a fundus fluorescent test done at my cost. Since it is not covered by OHIP. That was it. Honestly, the optometrist that checked my eyes for my current prescription was much more thorough than Dr. Salyani. I am somewhat disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. Asif Salyani's Credentials

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Salyani provides excellent service and is very proficient in his field. His professionalism is greatly appreciated."

May 19, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Salyani has no respect for his patients time. He over books his office to the point you have to wait hours for a 5 minute consultation. We are looking else..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Salyani has been excellent. Having come to him with a macular hole which needed surgery, I found the whole experience handled in a profes..."

May 12, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'd like to take this opportunity to express my deepest gratitude to Dr. Asif Salyani for his extreme dedication to his field of expertise and the utmost profes..."

May 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My experience with both Dr. Sayani and staff was excellent. The clinical in Newmarket is a very busy place and yes there are waiting times but that in this day ..."

May 3, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Salyani since he found my detached retinas in 2013. At that time his office did not have the surgical unit up and running but he took the..."

May 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "His staff were great, they did all the tests I needed in a timely fashion. Dr. Salyani is amazing. He was the first person to listen to me, to really hear what ..."

February 22, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Love Dr. Salyani! I have known Dr. Salyani for many years when he first diagnosed the Macular hole in my left eye. Without the tremendous support, brilliant min..."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "We need more specialists like him. Yes, it is an extremely busy facility but he is very good at what he does. He is kind and will easily answer your questions w..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Went to see doctor Salyani in his new state o the art location Newmarket. The staff was very friendly and overall the waiting was not bad considering you go fro..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly dedicated with multimillion dollar equipment available "

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My Optometrist told me that I would have to learn to live with the floaters in my left eye. He referred me to Dr Asif Salyani as a last resort. Sure I waited t..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Over the past 5 years Dr. Salyani has treated retinal tears in both of my eyes. Recently he cleared up a large floater in one of my eyes. I am extremely appreci..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He saved my Mother's eye sight. She would be blind if it wasn't for him. "

July 16, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor has no respect for patients time! Waiting 2 1/2 to 3 hours on a regular basis is not reasonable. "

July 15, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "If you want to save your eyes and go to the best. This is the one to see. Very very long wait to see this Doctor . He is the Best. We should not blame him a..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Salyani removed the scar tissue that had formed over my retina that was starting to affect my vision and I chose to have laser to replace my lens . I cou..."

June 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He helped cure my father's severe eye issues related to macular degeneration. There were also other complications which can help you understand the complexiti..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Salyani provides exemplary care to patients who are in danger of losing their vision through illness. He is an excellent diagnostician and surgeon who care..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Salyani is a good doctor. He knows his stuff. The problem is he is money hungry. He charges fees for drug injections and tests that shouldn't have to be pai..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "After waiting over 3 hours in a very cold waiting room, I was told that there would be still 8 patients in front of me, I left. I can see that a doctor of his q..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Riduculous. Waiting is unjustified. Even if there was an EMERGENCY you can expect a wait but everytime. Our time is as precious as this money grabbing self se..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "People will be negative about anything. This Doctor has always been very supportive of me and my Macular degeneration. I don't care if I have to spend time in a..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I accidentally discovered this web site while looking for Dr. Salyani's Newmarket address to give to the Red Cross. I am appalled at the attitude of some peopl..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I am sure he is a good physician but there are others who are as good or better who do not treat patients like cattle. Emergencies do not account for the long w..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I used to see Dr Salyani in his Whitby office, but he has since moved to Pickering and I believe the wait times have improved significantly. I would wait hours..."

October 14, 2014