You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Asif Salyani

We need more specialists like him. Yes, it is an extremely busy facility but he is very good at what he does. He is kind and will easily answer your questions without being dismissive.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Went to see doctor Salyani in his new state o the art location Newmarket. The staff was very friendly and overall the waiting was not bad considering you go from you procedure to another until you finally get to see the Dr. I was very disappointed that after all those tests and time spent at his practice the doctor patient interaction took less than 3 minutes. He did not listen to what I had to say. Instead, he simply flashed that bright light at my eyes for 3 seconds a gave me a sales pitch to have a fundus fluorescent test done at my cost. Since it is not covered by OHIP. That was it. Honestly, the optometrist that checked my eyes for my current prescription was much more thorough than Dr. Salyani. I am somewhat disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Incredibly dedicated with multimillion dollar equipment available

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

My Optometrist told me that I would have to learn to live with the floaters in my left eye. He referred me to Dr Asif Salyani as a last resort. Sure I waited to be seen at his office. But when he did see me he decided to deal with the floaters immediately. The floaters were replaced by air bubbles which disappeared within a few weeks. I was more than delighted with the result. The question of long waits does not enter into the equation. The end result is the only important issue.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Over the past 5 years Dr. Salyani has treated retinal tears in both of my eyes. Recently he cleared up a large floater in one of my eyes. I am extremely appreciative of the highly competent and respectful care I have received from him. I receive regular follow ups and usually I am in and out in good time, however, waiting for a while is an insignificant price to pay for the security of great vision.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

He saved my Mother's eye sight. She would be blind if it wasn't for him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

If you want to save your eyes and go to the best. This is the one to see. Very very long wait to see this Doctor . He is the Best. We should not blame him and his staff for the long line ups and waiting times. Blame the Goverment for the cut backs.. He is all Buissness and no time for chit chat. Our eyes are so important . he saved me from going blind. We need more Doctors like him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr. Salyani removed the scar tissue that had formed over my retina that was starting to affect my vision and I chose to have laser to replace my lens . I could not believe how clear my vision was after a few weeks and how bright and different colours were. Dr. Salyani did a wonderful job.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

He helped cure my father's severe eye issues related to macular degeneration. There were also other complications which can help you understand the complexities of his case. He fixed all the issues in under two years and now my father can see 20/20. We cannot thank him enough for restoring his vision.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Asif Salyani's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "We need more specialists like him. Yes, it is an extremely busy facility but he is very good at what he does. He is kind and will easily answer your questions w..."

February 8, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Went to see doctor Salyani in his new state o the art location Newmarket. The staff was very friendly and overall the waiting was not bad considering you go fro..."

February 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly dedicated with multimillion dollar equipment available "

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My Optometrist told me that I would have to learn to live with the floaters in my left eye. He referred me to Dr Asif Salyani as a last resort. Sure I waited t..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Over the past 5 years Dr. Salyani has treated retinal tears in both of my eyes. Recently he cleared up a large floater in one of my eyes. I am extremely appreci..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He saved my Mother's eye sight. She would be blind if it wasn't for him. "

July 16, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor has no respect for patients time! Waiting 2 1/2 to 3 hours on a regular basis is not reasonable. "

July 15, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "If you want to save your eyes and go to the best. This is the one to see. Very very long wait to see this Doctor . He is the Best. We should not blame him a..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Salyani removed the scar tissue that had formed over my retina that was starting to affect my vision and I chose to have laser to replace my lens . I cou..."

June 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He helped cure my father's severe eye issues related to macular degeneration. There were also other complications which can help you understand the complexiti..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Salyani provides exemplary care to patients who are in danger of losing their vision through illness. He is an excellent diagnostician and surgeon who care..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Salyani is a good doctor. He knows his stuff. The problem is he is money hungry. He charges fees for drug injections and tests that shouldn't have to be pai..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "After waiting over 3 hours in a very cold waiting room, I was told that there would be still 8 patients in front of me, I left. I can see that a doctor of his q..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Riduculous. Waiting is unjustified. Even if there was an EMERGENCY you can expect a wait but everytime. Our time is as precious as this money grabbing self se..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "People will be negative about anything. This Doctor has always been very supportive of me and my Macular degeneration. I don't care if I have to spend time in a..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I accidentally discovered this web site while looking for Dr. Salyani's Newmarket address to give to the Red Cross. I am appalled at the attitude of some peopl..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I am sure he is a good physician but there are others who are as good or better who do not treat patients like cattle. Emergencies do not account for the long w..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I used to see Dr Salyani in his Whitby office, but he has since moved to Pickering and I believe the wait times have improved significantly. I would wait hours..."

October 14, 2014