Ratings for Dr. Sasha Smiljanic

I have been seeing Dr. Smiljanic for 8 years now. During that time I have never felt rushed. I find him to have a wonderful bedside manner, and is very direct when discussing the current state of my illness and my prognosis - two things I really appreciate. I cannot say enough good things about this wonderful, dedicated physician.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Dr. Sasha has been my oncologist for 3 years and he is very supportive, understanding, and caring. He takes the time to understand my needs and to also take what is available in the medical and research communities and find the best fit for me....

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Best DR. I have ever see.He is the person you want to see in this kind of medical care. .Top honors 10 stars you need a higher level of stars to rate this man.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I was suppose to have six months, under his care, it's been over 2 years, pancreatic cancer is one of the worse types of cancer to have. Dr. Smiljanic is always staying two steps ahead and giving me options once the chemo doesn't work anymore. He is very compassionate, I am surprised on some of the negative comments, he is not that man they describe.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Smiljanic has been so caring, compassionate to me and my family. He has provided outstanding care going above and beyond. We appreciate the staff at Lions Gate, everyone has been so supportive in this difficult time in our life. Thank you for giving us hope!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

He is a much better oncologist than my radiation one. He seams to be running behind a lot and a bit rushed. I don't believe that treatment is the way to go due to the amount of money is being made in this industry.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Have felt fully supported for the first time in 4 years of battling cancer. Thank you to Dr. Smiljanic for making me feel like my opinion matters and that no matter what, there's always hope.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Really not happy with the care my friend received. When I asked where the oncologist was, the cardiac specialst (who was a doofus) said "Oh, he was supposed to be here yesterday, he is a busy man, maybe he forgot.") FORGOT? My friend lay in Lions Gate hospital for nearly TWO WEEKS before he got the treatment he needed. My friend's spouse said Smiljanic was very dismissive and not very compassionate when he talked to the family. All along by the cardiologist and others was: "Oh, don't worry, he's not going to die". Well, it didn't turn out that way.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

as he was stuck taking over my case from his partenter 5 years ago i have found him to also be on top of your condition and in pace with your recovery his office staff has chair envy the only concern i havce had in over 7 years

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Smiljanic for 7 years now. I always leave his office feeling that I am being taken care of by a kind and competent physician. He will ask if I am comfortable with his treatment plan, which I find unusual in a Specialist. I have nothing but good comments to make about this kind and considerate man. Even when the news is not good, I leave his office feeling that I am being treated with kindness and consideration. It means so much when you are ill to have confidence in the person who is taking care of you.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016