Ratings for Dr. Sasha Smiljanic

He is a much better oncologist than my radiation one. He seams to be running behind a lot and a bit rushed. I don't believe that treatment is the way to go due to the amount of money is being made in this industry.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Have felt fully supported for the first time in 4 years of battling cancer. Thank you to Dr. Smiljanic for making me feel like my opinion matters and that no matter what, there's always hope.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Really not happy with the care my friend received. When I asked where the oncologist was, the cardiac specialst (who was a doofus) said "Oh, he was supposed to be here yesterday, he is a busy man, maybe he forgot.") FORGOT? My friend lay in Lions Gate hospital for nearly TWO WEEKS before he got the treatment he needed. My friend's spouse said Smiljanic was very dismissive and not very compassionate when he talked to the family. All along by the cardiologist and others was: "Oh, don't worry, he's not going to die". Well, it didn't turn out that way.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

as he was stuck taking over my case from his partenter 5 years ago i have found him to also be on top of your condition and in pace with your recovery his office staff has chair envy the only concern i havce had in over 7 years

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Smiljanic for 7 years now. I always leave his office feeling that I am being taken care of by a kind and competent physician. He will ask if I am comfortable with his treatment plan, which I find unusual in a Specialist. I have nothing but good comments to make about this kind and considerate man. Even when the news is not good, I leave his office feeling that I am being treated with kindness and consideration. It means so much when you are ill to have confidence in the person who is taking care of you.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr. Smiljanic, when you decided to take on the task of caring and possibly curing, stay focused. Try not to solve all the problems at once, but one at a time. Life isn't routine and neither is cancer. As stated, look outside the box and take a slow calculated approach when dealing with problems. Your only human, your only one man.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

A comationate gentleman. Never to busy for his patient. I would highly recommend him, he is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

After leaving a positive review for Dr. Smiljanic a while back, this is a follow-up. He is very personable but unfortunately follows the system to a T. and failed to go to bat for me. He was very quick to pass me onto palliative care, (actually "dumped" me) in a rather heartless way even though I have plenty of life left in me. Does not think out of the box at all. Wish I hadn't trusted him with my care.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

As others have mentioned, after he took over from Dr Klimo, who is an amazing doctor, he took over my mother's care. He took forever to get back to her about appointments, referrals, prescriptions, etc. She felt he had given up on her and couldn't be bothered, so she ended up going back to the BC Cancer Agency.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

He is a danger to women with breast cancer. We visited this doctor when my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. He refused to put her on Tamoxifen, a front line drug for her type of cancer. We went for a second opinion at BC Cancer Agency and they immediately put her on the medication, and were disappointed he didn't. This drug works immediately and could have prevented the spread of the cancer. To what degree we don't know, but it is fair to say it was a reckless and dangerous thing to do. Charming as all get out, but a real God complex as well.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015