You may also like

Rate Dr. Sasha Smiljanic

Dr. Sasha Smiljanic's Ratings

After leaving a positive review for Dr. Smiljanic a while back, this is a follow-up. He is very personable but unfortunately follows the system to a T. and failed to go to bat for me. He was very quick to pass me onto palliative care, (actually "dumped" me) in a rather heartless way even though I have plenty of life left in me. Does not think out of the box at all. Wish I hadn't trusted him with my care.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2846770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

As others have mentioned, after he took over from Dr Klimo, who is an amazing doctor, he took over my mother's care. He took forever to get back to her about appointments, referrals, prescriptions, etc. She felt he had given up on her and couldn't be bothered, so she ended up going back to the BC Cancer Agency.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2844553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

He is a danger to women with breast cancer. We visited this doctor when my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. He refused to put her on Tamoxifen, a front line drug for her type of cancer. We went for a second opinion at BC Cancer Agency and they immediately put her on the medication, and were disappointed he didn't. This drug works immediately and could have prevented the spread of the cancer. To what degree we don't know, but it is fair to say it was a reckless and dangerous thing to do. Charming as all get out, but a real God complex as well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2761123].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Dr. Sasha Smiljanic is compassionate, kind, knowledgeable and always listens to our point of view before sharing his. He is very open to all types of healing therapies and is just fine with the concept of us having a naturopath. "You do your job and I'll do mine." (Our job is to keep the body as healthy as possible, his is to prescribe cancer therapies.) We always feel so positive when coming out of an appointment with him. We've also not had any problems with the front office, to date at least. Although Dr. Sasha is in high demand, he always makes us feel we are of the utmost importance to him. He is also very accessible. My husband is an advanced prostate cancer patient. With Dr. Sasha as part of the team, we hope to be making visits for a very long time...

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2478112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2014

Dr. Sasha was very knowledgeable, helpful, and supportive during the 5 years I visited him. The only draw back was the office staff. Rarely did I ever get the office staff without phoning many times and leaving messages which they did not return. I had to keep calling them until I finally got a warm body. They also changed my appointments to other doctors at the location without notifying me. Very frustrating.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2478111].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

Staff do not return calls, not compassionate or understanding, seem to be more interested in procedures and lots of paperwork in solving a patient's problem and actually create a lot of time and money wasted for both patients and staff. Filling out a prescription may take several people's time and a lot of stress for the patient. There is no concern for the patients welfare or heath, emphasis is on procedure and a lot of paperwork. He needs a new staff. Dr. himself is a very compassionate, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and understanding man.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2013

A family member of mine was cared by dr Sasha after dr klimo retired. He is very skillful, smart and answered all of her questions. He is a compassionate dr and values life in the way he communicated with her. He is very personable and we were always happy with him. We had to wait to see him as he was a busy dr as with all specialist. The only one thing he needs to change is his front desk staff at the chemo clinic. They are the rudest staff I have ever met. When my family member was in emerg with an internal bleed and I desperately needed to talk to dr Sasha to ask him whether a procedure was required suggested by our GP and surgeon I was told that dr Sasha was too busy and he had no time to answer my question. The staff are rude and uncompassionate. Dr Sasha if you are reading this please hire new receptionists for the chemo clinic. You need to have staff that are caring and compassionate not staff that are rude and won't look at you when they talk to you. Dr Sasha you are great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

The receptionist is too busy or absent minded. Forgot twice to make MRI appointments at the Lion's Gate hospital and I ended up in the emergency room as a result of cancer tumors spreading (late start of treatment). However, Dr. Sasha is knowledgable but very busy, I have no complaints about Dr. Sasha. But I would suggest for him to get better office staff as they play an important role in people's lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400265].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr Smiljanic. I found him to be a kind and compassionate person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400264].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2013

Dr. Sasha is very helpful and competent. If he seems rushed it is not Dr. Sasha that is at fault, but an underfunded medical system under current conservative governments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][400263].votes_count ]]