Ratings for Dr. Abigail M. Cay

Dr. Cay is a wonderful Doctor. I am so happy to have found her. She always answers my questions and personally calls me if there are test results. She gets back to me within 24 hours and has filled out paperwork for me on multiple occasions in 2 days! I'm continually impressed with her and would recommend her to everyone. She is kind, straight forward, and won't sugar coat the big stuff. Thank you Dr. Cay!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I been treated by her for 7 years. She has made decisions regarding my meds without discussing it with me. When I tried to discuss it she talked and talked but never came to the point. Ultimately, she declined to change her mind. When I was notified be her that I had a serious vascular problem she scared me. Once I saw the vascular surgeon and was told the situation was not that serious, I settled down. It was 2 1/2 weeks of fear before I saw the surgeon. She will not be challenged without severe consequences.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

She was not very attentive to my children, asked ME the questions not them, had little or no interaction with them to see first hand how they were developing, when I called to switch Dr's and request papers for school, they handed me the papers and a letter telling me we were no longer patients, as they were not accepting NEW patients. after 4 years of taking my kids there I didn't think we were NEW patients! When I called to ask about the letter I was given the number to city general hospital. Poor call on her end,.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

My regular doctor is another one in the practice, but was unavailable (which I was aware of prior to the call for an appointment). Dr Cay gladly took me in for an appointment and really was gentle and knowledgeable. I will happily ask for her again if my regular doctor is unavailable. She is very kind and definitely willing to answer any questions you have.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2009

To get an exam from Dr. Cay I had to 1st make an appt to become a patient. I asked what the charge was for the appt, & was told that they did not know. When I arrived at the appt, I was asked to pay a $50 copay which I paid. Dr. Cay was 40 min late for the appt and spent 15 min with me. There was no exam, just questions about my medical history. An exam was scheduled a few months out. In a week, I received a bill from Dr. Cay for 140.00 bringing the total for that 15 minute visit to 190.00. When I returned to Dr. Cay's office for my daughter's appt the next week, I asked Dr. Cay & the staff for an itemization of services for my visit. I wanted to know why I was charged almost $200 for a 15 minute visit that did not include any exam. I also wanted to know what my daughter's visit would cost before I left the office. No answers were given to me & when I returned home I received a "dismissal" letter.They will not see me, my kids or refund my money.I still have not gotten an itemization.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009