Dr. Squire has been treating me since I was 17 when my care was being transferred over to her from my complex pain specialists at Children's Hospital. I was in 3 serious car accidents as a kid that left me with a complex and highly painful case of chronic pain that affects several areas of my body. I am so blessed to have such a knowledgable, compassionate and up to date doctor who has always been willing and eager to try different treatments to improve my quality of life. When something isn't working, she doesn't give up. When I first started seeing her, I limped into her office in an incredible amount of pain, on crutches almost full time and "living" what I considered to be a very low quality of life. The pain was not being managed, my team at children's basically gave up,, and I was miserable.. After working with Dr. Squire (we are a good team in my care!) I'm now walking without crutches with the exception of a few days per year, and am attending school which I was previously unable to do. I am currently on what I hope to be the road to recovery from another recent car accident that set me back by scrambling my brain, neck, and back, thanks to her and my physiotherapists. I have seen the best of the best in the field of paediatric pain management, and Dr. Squire has been the only one really able help me achieve a better quality of life; for that, I am forever indebted to her. I couldn't have imagined a better transition from paediatric pain management to adult pain management. Thank you Pam for all you do to help those who need you. And thank you Sasha for always making sure I get an appt when I need one; I love that I can call and say "Hey Sash its (insert first name)" and she knows who it is without asking for other details.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Dr. Squire was initially helpful at my first appointment but when I could not afford her treatment option she was extremely unpleasant and unhelpful. At my first follow-up appointment she had instucted me to schedule she asked me why I was there and what I needed...clearly I need help with managing my pain is she or is she not a "chronic pain specialist". She has no other recommendation for me other then a treatment I can't afford. I would hope when a doctor runs out of options for you they would refer you to someone they believe could help you with what they can't.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Was great until I didn't respond to her treatment (allergic reaction to the medication that did not help my pain), then I became "too complex" to treat unless I booked a private consult (at my expense of course). Poor listening skills, often has mistakes in her reports. Is really late for appointments and then is interrupted many times during your appointment for things like hotel bookings and conference dates.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Superb evaluation, communication and advice that includes allied care, not the usual steroid injections etc. And she offered levels of care - more aggressive but costly vs slower results but less expensive. Brilliant. Saw her in Kelowna office where she is one day/month.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Dr Squire has seen me through a very challenging injury. Due to her dedication to pain management and her phenomenal knowledge she has helped create stability in my life where before no one else was able to reduce my pain. I had seen over 12 different physicians in 1.5 years and the only one that has succeeded in improving my quality of life has been Dr Squire. If you want a friend, please do not see her. If you are looking for an emotional bond, forget it. But if you want a physician who is well ahead of her time in pain management and narcotic reduction she is the right physician for you. Expect to wait as she tends to run late.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Dr. Squire is a good physician and person. Here knowledge base is very good and she is very professional. She helped me for over 5 years and made my pain management more tolerable. Only problem I had was wait times. Often took 2-3 hours of waiting. Sash is over whelmed and gets flustered and makes mistakes, but we are all human. The waiting in her waiting room is the worst, as I'm sure most will say in this forum. She's a good Dr. though. I don't regret being her patient.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Something has definitely happened to Dr Squire recently. She went from being helpful to me, to completely dismissing me. No dr can seem to say they DON'T KNOW how to help people in severe chronic pain, and instead just blame the patient. I have no idea how the staff, Sasha, has been highly rated. I'm a firm believer in always being nice to staff as they are the ones who can get you in to see a dr, but Sasha has always been nothing but downright unpleasant to me. For no reason! Definitely not worth waiting 2+ years for this.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. Squire is becoming somewhat myopic in her practice and bedside manner. Whether this is her choice or a mandate from the CPSC of BC unknown. Her former compassion is now usually absent. Her communication about diagnosis and treatment is also leaving something to be desired. .

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Squire is great, yes sometimes you have to wait a bit to get in to see her but that is because she spends time with her patients and doesn't rush them. It is unfortunate that she is so in demand as more patients could benefit from her expertise.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Dr. Pamela Squire's Credentials

• University of Saskatchewan (Grad. 1988)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Squire has been treating me since I was 17 when my care was being transferred over to her from my complex pain specialists at Children's Hospital. I was in ..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Squire was initially helpful at my first appointment but when I could not afford her treatment option she was extremely unpleasant and unhelpful. At my firs..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Was great until I didn't respond to her treatment (allergic reaction to the medication that did not help my pain), then I became "too complex" to treat unless I..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Superb evaluation, communication and advice that includes allied care, not the usual steroid injections etc. And she offered levels of care - more aggressive bu..."

September 17, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Squire has seen me through a very challenging injury. Due to her dedication to pain management and her phenomenal knowledge she has helped create stability..."

May 6, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Squire is a good physician and person. Here knowledge base is very good and she is very professional. She helped me for over 5 years and made my pain manage..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Something has definitely happened to Dr Squire recently. She went from being helpful to me, to completely dismissing me. No dr can seem to say they DON'T KNOW h..."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Squire is one of the best Doctors in the province! I am very fortunate to be in her care!"

December 29, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Squire is becoming somewhat myopic in her practice and bedside manner. Whether this is her choice or a mandate from the CPSC of BC unknown. Her former compa..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Squire is great, yes sometimes you have to wait a bit to get in to see her but that is because she spends time with her patients and doesn't rush them. It ..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I found her to be unprofessional and passive-aggressive; actually recommending marijuana, which is not a "benign" drug. Other than that, no constructive treatm..."

October 12, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.squire is amazing and I am so glad that she took me on as a patient. Wait times are brutal though. I waited last visit for 2 hours and this time was about th..."

September 22, 2014
  • Specialty changed from "Family / G.P." to "Pain Mgmt / Physical Rehab"

February 21, 2013
  • Specialty changed from "Anesthesiologist" to "Family / G.P."

October 18, 2012