Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Lucia

o not use this doctor! I think he may be off the deep end on a few things. Switches statements, rude, arrogant, demeaning, negative. My way or the high way attitude. Truly a shame, because you are there for help. Stay away unless you want a good tongue lashing. I really feel sorry for his staff.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Save yourself money and time and go elsewhere. Dr. Lucia is one pompous,rude and a liar. He's falsified my records and can't admit he's wrong even when testing proves him wrong. He's demeaning and unprofessional with no bedside manners. He brings you back for follow up appointments and hasn't done his job by reviewing and makings sure all is test are scored and right. He was 99% sure I had vocal cord dysfunction, got tested other doctor stated I absolutely didn't have yet he continued to state I did because he's so arrogant . On my records he stated I have had panic attacks and an anxiety disorder which I've never had either. When I called to asked to remove ( thinking he had wrong patient) I was told by his wife ( office manager) that it's a medical record and it won't be removed. I've been diagnosed with asthma ( when sick) by every urgent care and doctors office yet he insisted my pulmonary fiction test came back negative. While I agree when I'm not ill I do not have asthma , I absolutely do have when I get an upper respiratory infection. Because called to have my records corrected and voice my concerns I received a stock letter releasing me from his office. I found this comical since he knew I'd never step foot in his office again. When explaining my history he made a comment the I whined more than severe pulmonary patients ( I should of walked out then) I told him I was trying to explain how awful it was to not be able to breath. I've worked in the medical profession for 35 years ( new in Reno) and have never dealt with such an unprofessional, arrogant, prompas , rude Dr. as Dr. Lucia. Please file a report with the medical board if you've experienced the same treatment. He needs to be stoped and written up!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

They overbook patients so you have to sit there at least couple of hours for your appointment. And when I became upset one of the nurses and the manager were like, this is it, deal with it! Anyways, I walked out being mad at the staff. Then I thought it's not the staff, somebody else wants to make more money.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Lucia is extremely informative and to the point. I appreciate that in a doctor as I want to know what's wrong and how to fix it without taking a bunch of medications that just conceal the issue.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

Go see Renown pulmonary if you need anything. Stay clear of Lucia and his minion darrell. Do your research at the state board of pharmacy and it will give you an idea what these clowns are about

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I can see that the ratings for Dr. Lucia were before he made a complete change of staff and how his office is ran. I have been seeing Dr. Lucia for almost a year and in that time frame he has helped to completely turn my life around. He is also very good at communicating with my other dr's to ensure I'm not taking a medicine unnecessarily. At my first appt, I would've definitely agreed with all the negative ratings, however, I was not me and I was at the end of my rope in trying to figure out my treatment regime for narcolepsy with cataplexy. Luckily I had my husband there with me who, after my appointment, helped me understand what was being said. I stuck it out and realized Dr. Lucia was looking out for my safety and well being. The second, and all other, appointments went much better. Within seven months, I have seen the #1 renown Dr related to narcolepsy with Dr. Lucia's referral and both of these Dr's are working to help me be more functional and be able to continue working full time as well as be a functional wife and mom. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Very satisfied. Just had a new patient appt. for COPD. I thought Dr. Lucia was very through in his exam. He answered all by questions completely. He does speak very quickly so be ready. All the staff was very friendly as well. I will continue with him as my Dr.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Very surprised by the negative ratings. Dr. Lucia has been a fantastic advocate for my mother-in-law's overall health...not just her pulmonary/CPAP care. He has been present for all appointments (except those scheduled with other, specific staff members), wait time was typical for the industry, staff has been good to work with, payments have been what we were led to expect them to be. Dr. Lucia may not be warm and fuzzy, but he is direct, very, very knowledgeable and he cares about the whole patient...not just symptoms that fall within his specialty. He has made referrals to other physicians that have really helped with M-I-L's quality of life. I would not hesitate to see him myself and I highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Please consider the reviews before seeing this doctor. I would highly recommend you go elsewhere. He is a completely self-centered, unprofessional, uninformed excuse for a doctor. Not only did he refuse to look at my old records which showed that I had narcolepsy, hypersomnia and central apnea, but he then did his own tests which showed the same things. His notes, however, claimed that I didn't have these conditions, though the test results clearly showed I did, and that it was all in my head. He would not return any of my calls, emails or letters. He then called my primary doctor and completely made up lies that I had been through rehab twice when, in fact, I never have. I asked for proof of this which they couldn't give me. So, now I have incorrect medical records following me. I have filed a report with the Medical Board and I will do everything in my power to keep him from destroying another person's medical credibility and life.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2012

This office does not communicate internally between departments...this office does not communicate with my medical equipment provider...I never get my prescriptions filled or they are filled improperly. I never see the doctor only helpers. This office needs an appt and copay just to fit a cpap mask after I've had appts and copays to ask for new cpap masks and equipment. This facility is a joke.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2012

Dr. Michael A. Lucia's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)