Ratings for Dr. ERIC Weiss

Nothing can prepare you for learning that you will have to live with a colostomy for the rest of your life. I had 2 previous surgeries that were unsuccessful. Upon my initial visit with Dr. Weiss I Immediately felt my heartache turn to hope. I went to a world class hospital and found a renowed surgeon. Thanks to Dr. Weiss and his entire team my colostomy is reversed. Thank You for giving me my life back. I am and will be forever grateful. Heidi Robinson

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

This Doctor and I use the term loosely is what he thinks is gods gift to surgeons. He has so much business you cant get an appointment even after surgery. Takes months to see him. Staff also does not call you back when they say they will. Had surgery done by Eric and it was suppose to be inpatient outpatient but I stayed over night because of the INTENSE pain. He never came to see me either. Wrote me several pain pill prescriptions (Opioids) and told me the pain was normal go home. Stitches rips out of my surgery yet he would not see me any sooner then 3 months. Went to the emergency room after calling them and they told me he would see me there, he did not come and see me but sent down his cronies to write me more opioid's prescriptions. He is over booked, he is arrogant, his staff is clueless and I would never recommend him to anyone. He did not show me any concern about me or my health, I felt like a paycheck to him after he received $37,000 from my insurance. Go somewhere else as you are only a number to him. This is a true review from a true patient.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Weiss did surgery on me in June 2017 - very pleased with the outcome - so far. He is a good guy, caring and dedicated and gets the job done, without bravado. I do wish he had more time for better post-op followup and not pass that responsibility on to nurses, medical assistants, Fellows & Residents. Some Cleveland Clinic department staff members (in Weston) need to work on their people and especially telephone skills and understand that many of their patients are hurting and unsure. They need to show a bit more empathy, especially after someone just had surgery and is not sure what to expect. Dr. Weiss himself, is an excellent physician & surgeon. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I am a snowbird visiting FL for the winter, while here I became really sick and in a lot of pain. I ended up needing surgery and Dr. Weiss was amazing. I had the surgery two weeks ago and I am 100% fixed, feel as good as new. He was very knowledgeable and knew immediately what I problem was, and fixed it. I highly recommend Dr. Weiss and I only wish I could take him back to NH with me! Thanks Again for all you did for me! Helene Klahre

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

I agree with you on Dr. Weiss, he is one of the best colorectal surgeons in the U.S. I had a ganglioneuroma that he removed and the operation went flawless. It was in a tough place.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

Dr. Weiss has operated on me twice. He is ridiculously genius in all matters of colorectal surgery. I have been sick for 20 years and for the first time in my life I have a life. The review under mine that he has rude - most surgeons are not known for being the life of the party. I wanted one of the best colorectal surgeons in the country to operate on me - I got him. You are in ridiculously good hands at the Cleveland Clinic. Colorectal surgery is their specialty and people come from all over the world to seek their surgeons who are on the forefront of developing surgical technique, etc. If I wanted a best friend, I'd go to birthday party - but if I want the best of the best operating on my colon, I want Dr. Weiss.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

Dr. Weiss has no bed time manner. He didn't seem to care about his patients. I saw him once and never went back.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

Dr. ERIC Weiss's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1988)

Commercial Insurance Company