Ratings for Dr. Ryan S. Labovitch

tl;dr - racist office staff, no improvement in treatment I was very patient with this but the quality of service here is terrible. My ailment didn't require surgery, so that wasn't part of the treatment. However, it's now been 3 months and there's basically no improvement based on Dr Labovitch's treatment plan since when I first walked in the door. Strike 1. On my 2nd visit, Dr Labovitch saw me right away, but since it was a Friday afternoon he seemed keen to get his weekend started. The visit only lasted 5 minutes and it was basically "continue as you have" (I wonder why I'm not getting better). I also happened to be charged more for this visit than the first (which actually had an xray), so go figure that one out. Strike 2 and Strike 3. In my latest visit, I arrived 10 minutes before my appointment time, and the staff ended up calling 6 other patients in before me, including at least 2 that arrived more than 10 minutes after me. When they called me into the back, it was clear that it was more to prevent me to walking out. The doctor even stopped by to ask me to wait in the room longer for him. When he did arrive, he gave a generic explanation saying that he gives all his patients as much time as they need and the 2 before me needed more time. Well that's great except I arrived before them and they were still called in first. Strike 4 and Strike 5 By the way, did I mention I'm a minority? And everyone called in before me was White? 2 of the people called in before were new patients and didn't even finish their paperwork and they were called in. Are the "more time" patients making other people wait in the waiting room while they fill out forms in the back? Strike 6 There's a lot to answer for here, primarily in simply actually treating the injury in an effective manner, which hasn't happened yet. And wow 6 strikes why do I still put up with this?

flag | Submitted September 11, 2019

He was very thorough and informative, with excellent communication to ensure you understood your condition and its prognosis. The staff was also very professional.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2019

Ryan did a great and thorough job of explaining my Ortho issue.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2019

Dr. Labovitch is very knowlegable, he expained problem and solutions very well in details, his assistants are practical and fast, punctuality is much better than many doctor offices, overall i am very satisfied, i highly recommend Thank you doctor

flag | Submitted May 23, 2019

Dr Ryan Labovitch and his Assistant Jackie are extremely knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, and efficient. Dr Ryan Labovitch listens well to your concerns, comments, questions and requests. He explains how your orthopedic functions should be and what could be causing your problems. You will feel very comfortable with and under his care. Once you’ve meet with Dr Labovitch, you will know without a doubt that you picked an outstanding orthopedic doctor/surgeon for your care! I have had shoulder & knee surgeries with Dr Ryan Labovitch and both times, I couldn’t be happier to have been under his gentle and expect care!! You will be thrilled to recommend him to your family & friends!!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

Words cannot describe how grateful I am for Dr. Labovitch for giving me the best treatment and excellent care I could ever hope for. As a professional violinist having a distal radius fracture on my left wrist and dislocated elbow was beyond devastating. I was determined to find the best specialist doctor and I did! He successfully removed the external fixator from my wrist I had on from foreign country and put me in a temporary cast longer than any other doctors suggested because he wanted to make sure that I don’t get re-injured during healing process. Also he prescribed PT on my elbow and arm at the early stage so I could get the full range of motion back quickly. In result, I am back on the stage and performing after five months of recovery. Dr. Labovitch is extremely intelligent, knowledgeable, a compassionate and caring person. “Thank you so much for your wonderful care and for saving my life! Please say hello to your assistant Desiree, I miss her already!”

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

Dr. Labovitch certainly cares about patient and is very knowledgable,. This is a first class office-Attention to detail from the moment you enter the door until you leave the office. Everyone in at Kramer orthopedic takes a pride in helping the patient.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2019

I would like to provide people who I don’t even know with the sincere confidence that I experienced with Dr Labovitch and his office personnel. They were amazingingly helpful. Please thank them so much.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

I was extremely pleased with the time Dr. Labovitch spent with me. I now feel my chances for a full recovery are better than ever. Also I must say all the ladies, assistances and office staff are Great!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2019

I saw him after an ankle injury and he pushed me to do PT which only njured me more. He never did an MRI and just assumed I had a 'sprain.' I did not. I had a tear that required surgery. After 7-months of misery, I finally saw his partner Dr. Warren Kramer for surgery. I wouldn't send my pet frog to Labovich. He thinks he knows everything and doesn't bother with tests to determine the real problem.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Dr. Ryan S. Labovitch's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ryan S. Labovitch is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon who specializes in sports medicine, arthroscopy, general orthopedics, and fracture care. He understands that every patient has a goal when they visit his office, and he takes great pride in helping you to achieve this goal ultimately improving your quality of life. This website has been designed to introduce you to his practice and be an interactive tool to assist you in each step of your treatment program. It provides comprehensive information on various orthopedic conditions and treatment techniques including surgical diagrams, animated procedures, and videos. As a patient, Dr. Labovitch will personally evaluate and treat you during each and every visit. Dr. Labovitch has practiced orthopedic surgery in Newport Beach since 2007, providing quality comprehensive care to patients and the community including many local high school, college, and club athletic teams. He is an active participant and proudly supports many Southern California endurance events. The scope of his practice includes general orthopedic surgery, arthroscopy of the shoulder and knee, sports medicine, and orthopedic trauma. Dr. Labovitch was born and raised here in Southern California. During his undergraduate years at the University of Arizona, he became interested in orthopedic surgery while volunteering as a student athletic trainer working with NCAA Division 1 college athletes. He attended medical school at the University of Vermont, College of Medicine and completed his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Labovitch is fellowship-trained in sports medicine at the Aspen Foundation for Sports Medicine, Education, and Research. While in Aspen, he gained valuable experience treating sports related injuries in addition to providing support for local World Cup US Ski Team and Mountain Biking events. Dr. Labovitch is board certified in Orthopedic Surgery and he is a member in good standing of the Medical Board of California, Medical Staff of Hoag Orthopedic Institute, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, and American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery Dr. Labovitch is one of the few orthopedic surgeons in the area to obtain a Certificate of added Qualification (CAQ) in Sports Medicine. DID YOU KNOW Dr. Labovitch’s practice has been built on an understanding of the motivation, sacrifice, and pain of all athletic endeavors at all ages including ultra-endurance athletes and weekend warriors. Dr. Labovitch continues to be active throughout our athletic community including mountain/road biking, hiking, skiing, and enjoying all the beauty that Southern California has to offer. He also enjoys the extremes of winter exploring the untouched powder of the British Columbia backcountry while ski touring. He continues to race locally and nationally at a variety of cycling events including Leadville 100.

• Spanish

• University Of Vermont College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)
  • University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 2006)

• Arthroscopy