Ratings for Dr. David I. Stein

I have seen Dr. Stein for a little over a year now. Doctors treating pain are in a very risky business these days and they have to deal with a lot of BS. As a chronic pain patient, I understand that well. I found that everything Dr. Stein did/does to ensure that I actually need the treatment/medications he prescribes is understandable and I have zero problem with it. In my first appointment, he spent at least 30 minutes with me and went over everything about my condition. He and I were both honest with each other about the situation and the risks involved, and over the next few months he began to trust me and both he and his wife softened their tone. They are both very respectful to me at this time - and I am respectful and reasonable with them. I find that the charges are more than reasonable for all services. I have had several more invasive procedures done there and the cost he charged (for which I paid out of pocket), was ONE TENTH the cost of what my previous doctor charged. It was $600 for the procedure that my previous doctor charged me $5,700. So I am happy to receive my treatment from Dr. Stein. He has made helpful recommendations and I am doing better than I have in a long time. If you are able to fully understand the nature of pain treatment these days and can keep that in mind, I think you will get very good treatment from Dr. Stein. But it takes two of you to make it work.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

My wife to has had many problems with this doctor but more so his staff. She is on medicaid and they still collect a 70.00 money order from her and every other patient they have. He prescribes medicine that they no longer carry at any pharmacy and when you call the office about it, they are rude and over talk you, not giving you the chance to explain anything. My wife has now been hospitalized due to seizures cause by all of the problems there. Which I will get into once we file suit. If anyone is looking to file suit in a class action as well as filing complaints with the medical board and other things.Please feel free to contact us at buddabear38@yahoo.com and or 414-235-5090. Thanks Ken

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Bait and switch worthless treatments at four times implied costs - a legalized scam bilking us tens of thousands!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

I was referred to this doctor by a pain management clinic because of financial reasons. I was very excited to see dr. Stein but that quickly faded. Upon my first visit, he spent it all of three minutes with me. I have had two previous low back surgeries and was facing a third one. He didn't seem to care about my records, my history, or my concerns at the present time. He was rude and obnoxious! And that is an understatement! I was required to take a urine screening subsequent of my first two visits. When I went to see dr. Stein on my third visit he informed me that my urine screening came up negative for all drugs, including the ones he was prescribing me. It was impossible! He refused to talk to me about it and made me leave the clinic with a discharge notice. I was very confused so I called shortly after I left and spoke to a woman at the front desk. She informed me that she would not give me a copy of my medical records and then hung up on me! Something very shady is going on at this Clinic! They take your money, the doctor spends less than 30 seconds with you, Andrea Lee could not care less about how you're actually doing. Upon my first visit, I asked if we could discuss other options that would deter me from taking pain medication for my entire life and he said, since I was a post-surgical patient he could keep me on drugs with no problem. That is the exact opposite of what I wanted and I made that very clear! He did not care whatsoever! I am currently trying to get my medical records from them but they are dragging their feet because in my opinion, I believe they are doing many things that are against the law. He is by far the worst pain management doctor on the planet! Please beware when considering going to this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Milwaukee Pain Treatment tells you preliminary treatments are required before the advertised miracle disc decompression(bate and switch), but won't disclose costs(also a Wisconsin statute). Then you receive horrendous bills twice that of other pain clinics, over $10,000 for a temporary cortisone shot, and a 20 minute nerve ablation which, if you can find the fine print, has little effectiveness and also temporary. Fighting them in court, court commissioners and judges side with Milwaukee Pain, which files over 50 judgment cases/year and 300+ in the last five - you are treated like the criminal.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I really think you are to call your clients in for pill counts you will find one of your clients is taking way too much medication and does not have any of his medication laughed . GC.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I am an RN and my husband was seeing Dr. Stein. All I know is that their billing is horrible. Evidently, they charge over a thousand dollars every month for a urine drug screen that they do in minutes in their office. That is absolutely ridiculous!!! Then, your bill will jump from one hundred and fifty dollars to over two thousand and when asked, no one will be able to explain it. I had my husband question them early on when I received an EOB from my insurance company from an outside lab for over a thousand dollars in lab charges and when questioned, Dr. STEIN'S WIFE replied, "Don't worry about it. We have an agreement with that lab for billing. Your account is fine." I eventually did get my husband to go see a reputable pain Dr after his bill jumped up with no explanation. Then, they took him to court and he went and contested it. Unfortunately, he does not read well and did not realize he only had a couple weeks to fill out his arguement and get it in. He didn't give me the paperwork because we were extremely busy moving and I was working long hours. Since he didn't get his paperwork in within that two week period, Dr Stein was awarded over three thousand dollars. We never did get an explanation as to why the bill went from three hundred to three thousand dollars. My guess would be the fraudulent urine drug screening charges. Now, they are taking the money from MY checks. I am not done with them. I am so angry, they are taking food and necessities from my children.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr Stein is excellent!! If you have physical proof that you suffer from pain{ MRI, X-RAYS } He will give you the best options of what is right for you. I have been a patient for over a year and don't mind a drug screen every visit cause I have nothing to hide. Listen to him and do what is expected of you. If all you want is a script for opiates then don't come here because he is not a quack. The staff is excellent and friendly Dr. stein is very professional and listens to his patients. Like I said if you have proof you suffer he will help you. You people that are bad-mouthing need to keep going to your street dealer because dr. stein does not just hand out pain meds

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I am at a huge loss of words... I NEVER in my life been to a clinic that the dr. talked to me like a child. after my first app. the first thing I said to my friend was" he didn't even look at me " His eyes looked down the whole two min/ he was in the room.. I thought it was just me until I read these other messages from others.... WOW.. SO HIS WIFE WORKS WITH HIM . MY LAST APPOINTMENT I ASKED FORN CREAM. SHE SAID WE DONT DO THAT HEAR.. WHAT? LIKE ARE U KIDDING ME! THEY DONT WRITE SCRIPT FOR MUCSLE CREAM ..........OOOOOOK. I GUESS I SHOULD OPEN MY OWN PAIN CLINIC IF ITS THIS EASY TO RIP PPL OFF.. I AM GOING TO CALL M Y INSURANCE TO SEE WHAT THEY BILLING ME FOR.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

This is how you would handle a monster like David I Stein Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services Mail To: P.O. Box 7190 1400 E. Washington Avenue Madison, WI 53707 - 7190 Madison, WI 53703 FAX #:(608)266-2264 EMail: dsps@wisconsin.gov Phone #: (608) 266-211

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr. David I. Stein's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1987)