Ratings for Dr. Gihan E. Dawood

Really engaging doctor with a fantastic memory. She always treated me like a peer and not like a serf, took the time to inform herself about my unique situation, was welcoming and friendly, and always got tests back to me along with detailed explanations of what the results meant and her recommendations in record time. I adore her.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

Dr.Dawood is a caring,compassionate Doctor.She always explains things to me,lets me ask as many questions as I like.I never feel rushed and she allows me to have alot of input as to my treatment.The office staff is very friendly and accommodating.I truly feell blessed to have found her.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2013

Dr Dawood was my doctor in Oregon. She was the best doctor I have ever seen for my Type 2 Diabetes. She listens to her patients and trusts them to make their own decisions. She managed my entire pregnancy which is very tough for diabetes control. I always enjoyed seeing her and wish she were still my doc.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Dawood!!! She is the BEST doctor I have ever had!! I was just diagnosed with diabetes in January. Its been a scary battle so far, and she is so comforting, funny, reassuring and encouraging! I look forward to seeing her each time!! Honestly I have been so blessed to have been referred to her!! Thank you so much Dr. Dawood!!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Worst experience- and I never saw the doctor! Took 4 months to get an appt. I show up and was told my appt was cancelled due to the fact they never got my records (which they did have b/c Dawood spoke to my regular Dr 2 months prior). Nurse tells me they will get me in the following week. She never calls, I call for 3 weeks before they decide to tell me Dawood doesn't want/need to see me. Poor communication and unprofessional staff.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

LOVE HER!!! She is the best endro I have ever had. She got me over my fear of doctors because she is so nice and helpful!!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

More concerned that a patient may have a low than achieve tight control. Dr. does not seem to know much about the control that can be achieved through insulin pumping and CGM without excessive hypos. Do not expect to be respected as a well educated and informed diabetic. Straight ADA or the highway. On the other hand, if you just want to be told what to do in a nice voice and never want to think or have the best control possible for yourself, you might just do OK with this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Dr. Gihan E. Dawood's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1999)