Ratings for Dr. Lance E. Jackson

Well worth the wait. After researching his credentials, I wanted to see him. Thank you Dr. Jackson!!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2018

I agree with the reviews about Dr. Jackson's indifference. After several visits, numerous tests and consultation with staff other than Jackson, I finally asked for HIS opinion. He looked in my ears and offered nothing about how to correct my balance problem, which I found (on Google) to be vestibular neuritis, I never was offered any choices as to how to correct the problem, but he said I needed to see a neurologist. This leads me to conclude that his reputation is overblown.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

trying to get my records so I can process to my insurance company. they cant find my allergy test. my insurance needs that. the dr. office told me that my insurance covers. however without my test, my insurance will not pay. there for I am out $500. the office staff keep saying they don't have the test, however they did make my serum. I am at wits ends! I want my hard earned money! we paid the bill in full, now I received another bill from them for over $200... I am not happy and am not going to pay.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I want to let everyone know that Dr. Jackson is an awesome Dr. I was previously been seen by Dr. Syms... Dr. Syms was always on a rush and after doing my left ear (Stapedectomy) I had fullness and was not able to hear right. Dr. Syms would tell me that the fullness will go away with time.. after an year of fullness nothing happened and my hearing was not getting any better.... That's when I decided to seach for another Dr.... And luckly I found Dr. Lance Jackson. He looked at me and did a CT scan and was able to see and fix the problem. He did a revision Stapedectomy and was successfull. Im able to hear and fullness is gone.... A little ringing on the year but it's to early to tell ... That why I recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

(I think): I went in with a specific problem, but the office automatically defaults to a series of tests before you see the doctor. Actually, only saw the PA, who didn't provide any answers. My wife also went in for a specific problem, but exactly same handling and results. The office (doctor and staff) are set up as an insurance mill: run tests you don't need just to charge your ins. co. That's how they make money; their bread and butter system. We will not make the mistake of going there again.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

I came to Dr. Jackson after several unsuccessful attempts to see someone else. The staff is great! I was given courtesy and respect. When Dr. Jackson came in, he was professional but kind as well. When he checked my balance I experienced a bit of swaying, but he was right there to assist me and keep me steady. He, and the doctors/PA are knowledgeable and ready to listen.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I was diagnosed w cholesteatoma in my right ear .For past 2-3 months I had dealt with constant ear infections, hole in ear drum, polyp in ear..Then numbness,no taste to metal/blood taste, constant pain in ear and constant ringing and heartbeat in ear.A week ago I received CT Scan of ear After 4 different Dr exams at my regular ENT office. Last Dr I saw said from what he sees in ct scan didn't seem that bad BUT he hadn't seen it in 4 yrs. My Primary suggested I get second opinion So I Researched and Dr Lance Jackson seemed to be the most experience in these cases ( had done documentary reviews and further case studies in specific disease) in San Antonio and he told me he can see it through my ear and ct scans show it eroding my ear bone and need surgery to try to save ear bone. I am so relieved his office was thorough and responsive to my issue and got me in right away. Priscilla, answered my call making me calm, and handed me over to Rita. Rita made things happen even better, she scheduled my appointment Making the process smooth, she asked for all my previous medical records and told me to pick up imaging films since Dr J. prefers to read to diagnose properly! I was so grateful that she informed me. The sooner I do paperwork and receive films, the quicker and smoother visit can be. ALL in same day I went over there right away started paper work and fortunately they had a cancellation and took me in while I completed paperwork. I now feel less stressed knowing my next steps to getting better! I will have surgery within next two weeks with a follow to do other testings.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Jackson for any hearing issue! His staff was great and so was he.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

After going to a different and larger group in San Antonio/Boerne and not being pleased with the front office staff (they are still holding 639.00 I paid for tests my insurance already paid for), not being pleased that the doctor had not gone over the results of the many tests he'd ordered, finding out my diagnosis because I read it on the blood test orders and still dealing with the dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus, pressure in the ears, and hearing loss I "fired" the doctor and chose to see Dr. Jackson. WHAT a difference!!! His staff was very friendly, I had to change the date for the initial appointment and was able to get one for the following week, they didn't ask for hundreds of dollars up front (I have 2 insurances). The audiologist was very professional and kind. She did my hearing test and another test explaining each different step involved in the testing. Finally it was time to see the doctor. His nurse was just as nice as the rest of the staff. I asked her if the "former" doctor's office had sent the records, and they had not. Fortunately I had requested my own records from the former office and showed her the results of the 8 tests they had done so Dr. Jackson could look at them. He came into the examining room after reviewing the records and the results of the two tests done in his office. No surprise, my hearing had not improved. He did other routine check ups of which the balance was the one I failed miserably. He explained that while he would not do as many as the tests in the other office, he would need to do some over again. It is totally understandable since 1) one of the tests in his office was normal while the one in the previous office had not been normal, 2) it has now been 4 months since the other tests were done and I am still experiencing the same symptoms. Dr. Jackson was friendly, made eye-contact when speaking to me, and was knowledgeable, yet humble. Much has been stated here regarding seeing a PA, but the forms that they give you ask for a patient/representative to initial if it is OK to see the PA rather than Dr. Jackson each time. When I checked out, the lady working looked for an appointment that would work with my schedule. I will do the tests and then return the following week for Dr. Jackson or his PA to go over the results and recommend a plan of action. Right now I am counting my Blessings that I decided to look around and see if there was a different practice than the one I was recommended to go to in June and there was no need to go to Dallas or Austin to be seen as I had planned to do. I am pretty picky when I choose my doctors since I am the daughter of two and the sister of one.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

After being with my ENT for 13 years i was advised to get a second quote from Dr Jackson. He was extremely helpful. I normally get dizzy when my ears are cleaned, this time on my first visit I did not. We where amazed we where able to see what he was doing. Was blown away, how compassionate he was, and prompt. I now have a new ENT. Thanks Mr Jackson.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Lance E. Jackson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Lance Jackson is a member of The American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, The Association of the American Neurotology Society, and The American Medical Association. Dr. Jackson completed his medical degree in 1995, as well as his internship in 1996 at Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA . Dr. Jackson also completed his residency in 1996-2000 and his fellowship in 2000-2001, and is board certified

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Grad. 1991)

• 2014- "San Antonio's Top Doctors" - as selected by peers (through S.A Scene)
  • Subspecialty Certification in Neurotology by the American Board of Otolaryngology
  • Diplomat of the National Board of Medical Examiners
  • 2013- "America's Top Physicians" in Otology/Neurotology(Consumer's Research Council of America)
  • Diplomat of the American Board of Otolaryngology