Ratings for Dr. Simon Bergman

This surgeon's hand can do miracles. He talented knowledgeable and if you have him as a surgeon consider yourself lucky. He operated on me with a very huge hernia that was keeping in pain after each meals. Pain is past and now I am enjoying life. Thanks Simon I have been lucky to have you.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

In early Nov 2017, I had my gall bladder removed by Dr Bergman. At the onset of my initial meeting with him, I was somewhat reticent as he looked so young, I think he sensed that I was nervous about the procedure and he put me at ease right away. Just before the surgery, he came to discuss the procedure. As I was having issues with asthma exacerbated by a cold, there was a concern that the operation might not be. The anesthesiologist worked out a protocol so that the operation could take place. When Dr Bergman visited me in the recovery room , he was kind and had a very pleasant demeanour. He explained what I was to expect. He asked if I was in pain or discomfort so which I wasn't at all. Dr Bergman, is an excellent doctor. Within 24 hours of the surgery, I was out and about. There was no pain what so ever. The narcotic that was prescribed was never used. I had been meaning to post this rating since November but time did get in the way. Yesterday, I was with someone who had had a minor hernia operation by another doctor that was completely botched. Her life is ruined. After speaking to her, I realized how important it is to find the right person. Surgery, even for a minor operation, is serious. Thank you Dr Bergman, I definitely made the right choice.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

my mother underwent 2 surgery for a hernia with Dr. Bergman and it has always been a success as well as the follow up

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

I was continuously in pain. Very big hernia. The surgery brought me back a quality of life that I have forgotten. His team was wonderful.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Bergman not only saved but changed my life. He is an incredible Doctor!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr Bergman has been treating my husband for about 3 months and in this time he has always been here for us. He is an excellent human being with a good heart. He goes beyond what other doctors are willing to do for us. He is highly recommended by us

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

I recently had my gallbladder removed from Dr. Bergman I was worried About the pain after surgery. I have some pain but not it's that bad. He did a great job I knew I was in good hands. Thank you Dr. Bergman and the staff at Lasalle Hospital were very Friendly and helpful. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

Six years ago I was diagnosed with late stage colon cancer, the cancer had burst.and was leaking. My original colonoscopist,Dr. Albert Cohen had missed the cancerous growth on more than one occasion. When he finally realized that I was in mortal danger, he did not tell me the truth of my condition, but decided to lie to me, by telling me the cancer was in the molecular stage and easily treatable, not to worry. Several days later, I received call from Dr.Stern's office ,who was the the head of thoracic surgery and head of the Jewish General Hospital. At the meeting, with Dr. Stern, I was notified that I had a cancerous growth on my colon and needed a CT scan " EMEDIATELY ". Two days later I brought the cd of the scan to Dr.Stern.He immediately arranged a meeting with Dr.Simon Bergman,a laparoscopic surgion.Uppon examining the scan, had asked me to get an " MRI " as soon as possible, as he could not see enough for his satisfaction. Two das later I brought the cd of the MRI images. After his examination of the scan, he told me the truth of my condition. I had late stage colon cancer, which had burst and leaking to other parts of my body. At this point he told me that my right leg might have to be amputated and that I might need a colostomy bag installed. Looking at Dr.Bergmans face as he gave me the grim news, I actually felt confident that would be just fine. The following week I went, into the surgery, and woke up with my leg intact and no bag on my stomach! I started chemotherapy a month later, which brought on a gastro infection, as I was allergic to that form of kemoptherapy.I was given antibiotics to cure the infaction,which brought on the " C Dificile " infection. At this point I was badly bloted,from the gastro infection, and was running profusely from the ( C Dif ) infection. Not seeing any improvement after a week, I insisted that the head nurse contact Dr.Bergman Two hours later Dr.Bergman was standing beside me, chastising me for not contacting him sooner. Within a short time thirty minutes I was to a pump .Three days later the pump was removed, my fever was gone and was able to leave the hospital two days later. At his point I weighed only forty seven kilos. Four weeks later after adding five kilos ,I started another round of kimotherapy,which lasted five months. Three months after my second round of kemotherapy,my weight now at sixty kilos, I started practicing Kyokushin Kai Karate,at the age of sixty five, to get back into shape. I am now Seventy years old, weigh seventy one kilos and still practicing martial arts, four days a week. Thank you Dr.Bergman,for giving me an extra six of a great life, and counting. I will be forever grateful not only for your skills as a surgion,but mostly as a great and intelligent human being. PS. I would like to give a great thank you to DR.Gabriela Ghitulescu,Who assisted in my surgery, and is looking after me today.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I recently had my gallbladder removed. I was scared to death as this was my 1st ever operation. Dr. Bergman and his team were excellent & I feel very fortunate to have had him take care of me. Nothing but praises ....

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I agree with the lady below who gave Dr. Bergman a bad rating. I echo her experience, but my experience unfortunately ended worse, in my father's death some years ago, and Bergman was his primary care physician at the JGH. He had my father in a hospital bed waiting and suffering for about 3 months and on pain killers, unsure of what to do for him, and one delay after another. He assured him that it was "not cancer", but that they are not yet sure of what it was, just to turn around and find inoperable late-stage cancer, and send him away with no hope. The poor level of care by this doctor went on and on. The way he spoke to my mother and me was disrespectful, condescending and dismissive. A true disgrace and unprofessionalism. He butchered my father with a surgery that would not have been necessary if he had just used a stent in the duodenum (now, doc you know who I am). I wonder how this man sleeps at night. I feel sorry for his young family. Highly disappointed and bitter, I would never recommend this doctor, or trust his skill or interest. He appears to be all about his career, climbing the ladder on the patient's dime.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015