Ratings for Dr. J.M. Dickson

Great Dr., but very rude front desk. Try not to come there for that reason only

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

We visited recently Dr. Dikson with out child. Let me list what I liked: - Dr. explained everything he was doing with the kid. And allowed me prepare child for unpleasant procedures; - Expressed available treatment options and ramifications and side-effects; - Was friendly and polite;

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

We were referred to Dr. Dickson because my 9 year old daughter had a cholesteatoma and needed ear surgery. He carefully went over her history, had a hearing test done by his assistant, who was also very nice, and then he explained to us exactly what needed to be done. While the wait for surgery is usually one year, he got my daughter in as soon as possible as her case was urgent. He does work fast, he knows his stuff, and I see that he is a busy doctor. Some people said he seems rude but I don't think so, he is just trying to make sure he sees every patient and doesn't waste time. The receptionist seems rude but thats the only compainy i have and its not the doctors fault. Anyway, He performed my daughter's ear surgery and I'm so thankful that we got to see him. Unfortunately, she has some permanent hearing loss but we will be seeing Dr. Dickson again for follow up surgery and I am resting well knowing that she has a good doctor taking care of her. We Highly recommend him. We are fortunate to live in Canada where we can even have a choice of doctors, let alone rate them, whereas if we were in a different country, my daughter may have lost her hearing for good.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

He was so rushed, I did not get a chance to ask my questions. Over all very disappointed as we waited a long time to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

We had a great experience with Dr Dickson. He explained the problem with the aid of pictures, and laid out the options for treatment. He was gentle and thorough and on time.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Super rude at front desk. Dr. works with attitude too. My son is 5 and he does not want strangers to touch him. Dr. has no patience or intention to make him easy.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr Dickson has done multiple ear tube surgeries on our children. He is thorough, and very friendly. Seems rushed occasionally, but we are generally able to get in to see him on short notice when needed.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Receptionist is super rude. Dr is great sometimes seems rushed but answers all questions.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

As someone wrote here after reading reviews, I prepared for the worse.But Dr Dickson was excellent. He explained us everything, had done the examination properly including camera. Others ENT had not done that previously for us properly. Examination was quick and my kid felt fine. We were late 5-10 minutes, I felt rushed a little bit. But we were late.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Answered all our questions. Was calm with our daughter who is shy (2 years old). He did a check of her toy dog's ear first so she wasn't so scared. He even blew up a ballon for her in his office.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015