Ratings for Dr. J.M. Dickson

Super rude at front desk. Dr. works with attitude too. My son is 5 and he does not want strangers to touch him. Dr. has no patience or intention to make him easy.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr Dickson has done multiple ear tube surgeries on our children. He is thorough, and very friendly. Seems rushed occasionally, but we are generally able to get in to see him on short notice when needed.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Receptionist is super rude. Dr is great sometimes seems rushed but answers all questions.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

As someone wrote here after reading reviews, I prepared for the worse.But Dr Dickson was excellent. He explained us everything, had done the examination properly including camera. Others ENT had not done that previously for us properly. Examination was quick and my kid felt fine. We were late 5-10 minutes, I felt rushed a little bit. But we were late.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Answered all our questions. Was calm with our daughter who is shy (2 years old). He did a check of her toy dog's ear first so she wasn't so scared. He even blew up a ballon for her in his office.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

My six year old son just had his adenoids and tonsils removed ( as well as grommets inserted in the ear) by Dr. Dickson- was pretty impressed overall- the op itself took about 1/2 hour and I was able to be in the theatre with my son, until he was "asleep" Kept him overnight for observation as he had suffered from sleep apnea. My son did not complain of pain once after the op ( I guess the meds take some credit for that) but even days after the op- he was in no pain whatsoever- we stopped medication after a week. Dr. Dickson was great at follow up- saw my son immediately post op and then again the next morning. Being a doting dad I was so worried for my son going in to this- but please rest assured that if your are in a similar boat-you are in great hands with Dr. Dickson- be calm and don't worry !!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

We have been seeing Dr Dickson for many years and my son has had multiple procedures and exams during this time. Our experience with Dr Dickson has been extremely positive. He is knowledgeable, professional and kind. His secretary Jas is the exact opposite, and our experience has been extremely poor. She is difficult, argumentative and rude. And she speaks like this to both patients and medical staff from other offices. Highly unprofessional. If you can get past the dragon at the gate, the care is wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr Dickson removed the adenoids & tonsils for my son and adenoids for my daughter. He has a wonderful calm demeanour with the children. They were able to get them both in for surgery the same day (horribly long waitlists, but that's not on the Dr) and he kept my son overnight to make sure his breathing normalized (he had been experiencing sleep apnea). I would recommend Dr Dickson to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Saw him in regards to sons hearing loss. Recommended an MRI but never called us in to go over results or to tell us what to do next. Did eventually talk over the phone but gave us no next course of action....felt like we've been left hanging along with the audiologist. His secretary is extremely rude.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Was examined by Dr. Dickson in his Vancouver office yesterday. A very professional demeanor and offered me a thorough and helpful explanation of my hearing issues. I'd certainly recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015