Ratings for Dr. J.M. Dickson

Dr Dickson has done multiple ear tube surgeries on our children. He is thorough, and very friendly. Seems rushed occasionally, but we are generally able to get in to see him on short notice when needed.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

As someone wrote here after reading reviews, I prepared for the worse.But Dr Dickson was excellent. He explained us everything, had done the examination properly including camera. Others ENT had not done that previously for us properly. Examination was quick and my kid felt fine. We were late 5-10 minutes, I felt rushed a little bit. But we were late.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

Answered all our questions. Was calm with our daughter who is shy (2 years old). He did a check of her toy dog's ear first so she wasn't so scared. He even blew up a ballon for her in his office.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

My six year old son just had his adenoids and tonsils removed ( as well as grommets inserted in the ear) by Dr. Dickson- was pretty impressed overall- the op itself took about 1/2 hour and I was able to be in the theatre with my son, until he was "asleep" Kept him overnight for observation as he had suffered from sleep apnea. My son did not complain of pain once after the op ( I guess the meds take some credit for that) but even days after the op- he was in no pain whatsoever- we stopped medication after a week. Dr. Dickson was great at follow up- saw my son immediately post op and then again the next morning. Being a doting dad I was so worried for my son going in to this- but please rest assured that if your are in a similar boat-you are in great hands with Dr. Dickson- be calm and don't worry !!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

We have been seeing Dr Dickson for many years and my son has had multiple procedures and exams during this time. Our experience with Dr Dickson has been extremely positive. He is knowledgeable, professional and kind. His secretary Jas is the exact opposite, and our experience has been extremely poor. She is difficult, argumentative and rude. And she speaks like this to both patients and medical staff from other offices. Highly unprofessional. If you can get past the dragon at the gate, the care is wonderful.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr Dickson removed the adenoids & tonsils for my son and adenoids for my daughter. He has a wonderful calm demeanour with the children. They were able to get them both in for surgery the same day (horribly long waitlists, but that's not on the Dr) and he kept my son overnight to make sure his breathing normalized (he had been experiencing sleep apnea). I would recommend Dr Dickson to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Saw him in regards to sons hearing loss. Recommended an MRI but never called us in to go over results or to tell us what to do next. Did eventually talk over the phone but gave us no next course of action....felt like we've been left hanging along with the audiologist. His secretary is extremely rude.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Was examined by Dr. Dickson in his Vancouver office yesterday. A very professional demeanor and offered me a thorough and helpful explanation of my hearing issues. I'd certainly recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr Dickson is amazing. So good with the kids and great at explaining it so you understand. His receptionist on the other hand talks to you like you are trash and has absolutely NO manners. Horrible people skills. :(

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. J.M. Dickson's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dickson has done multiple ear tube surgeries on our children. He is thorough, and very friendly. Seems rushed occasionally, but we are generally able to get ..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Receptionist is super rude. Dr is great sometimes seems rushed but answers all questions."

April 5, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "As someone wrote here after reading reviews, I prepared for the worse.But Dr Dickson was excellent. He explained us everything, had done the examination properl..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Answered all our questions. Was calm with our daughter who is shy (2 years old). He did a check of her toy dog's ear first so she wasn't so scared. He even ble..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "My six year old son just had his adenoids and tonsils removed ( as well as grommets inserted in the ear) by Dr. Dickson- was pretty impressed overall- the op it..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "We have been seeing Dr Dickson for many years and my son has had multiple procedures and exams during this time. Our experience with Dr Dickson has been extrem..."

September 1, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dickson removed the adenoids & tonsils for my son and adenoids for my daughter. He has a wonderful calm demeanour with the children. They were able to get th..."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Saw him in regards to sons hearing loss. Recommended an MRI but never called us in to go over results or to tell us what to do next. Did eventually talk over ..."

July 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Was examined by Dr. Dickson in his Vancouver office yesterday. A very professional demeanor and offered me a thorough and helpful explanation of my hearing issu..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dickson is amazing. So good with the kids and great at explaining it so you understand. His receptionist on the other hand talks to you like you are trash an..."

July 6, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to see with Dr Dickson with my daughter and I found him to be very professional and patient. He explained everything to me with the use of pictures whi..."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Dickson. wow. I don't know if its a race thing, but he gave my daughter the one over and said "yup she's fine. but she may need surgery." His receptionists ..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "badddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd"

March 21, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "one of the best Dr. He know what he is doing and speaks very politely and make sure you have understood everything"

March 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dickson recently saw our four year old son. We had a wonderful experience. Dr. Dickson is knowledgeable and caring. He treated my son and I with the utmost ..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "What a horrible person. And his receptionist is a HUGE COW!!!"

January 20, 2015
  • Address has been updated from "None" to "#213 - 13710 94A Ave, Surrey & 888 West 8th Ave, Vancouver". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "".

November 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Dickson was professional and knowledgeable. He was very compassionate while I was struggling with my little girl going into surgery and was very honest and ..."

November 17, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw this doctor last month for my daughter's ear infections. He explained everything very well and answered my questions. I was happy that I was able to get i..."

November 9, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I took my son in to see him a few times now . . He was pretty much on time and was ok . But was repetitive with things. All he cared about was getting my son..."

November 5, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I would like to say Dr. Dickson was not friendly with his receptionist. Ive been going there for the last 4 years with my son and she works all by herself in t..."

November 4, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Dickson was great at checking my 3 year old son's tonsils. I had read the negative reviews posted below, and had prepared myself for the worst. However he..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dickson was extremely pleasant, friendly and knowledgable! He was informative and straight to the point. His communication skills are on point and he was ea..."

September 12, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "People only write on these review boards when they want to complain. Honestly, despite what a few others have said here, I've had a good experience with this do..."

September 8, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "The worst doctor I have ever encountered. I think he should sorry for his professional training. He treated my 5 year old son extremely rude when he was cleanin..."

September 5, 2014