Ratings for Dr. J.M. Dickson

We've had Dr Dickson caring for our Son for years of ear/tonsil trouble. He has been professional, punctual, personable and extremely knowledgeable. He was very clear with the issues we were facing as well as treatment options and outlook. He performed more than one surgery in a calming manner and even came to work on his day off to check on our Son who had an overnight stay. People mentioning that he doesn't make time or doesn't appear to care absolutely shocks me. His Office days are busy, but we have never felt dismissed or rushed. We are thankful every time we speak and our Son hears us and thanks to his diligence there is no permanent hearing loss as a result of Dr Dickson's recommendations. I would highly recommend him (and have) to anyone needing first class care, on all levels.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Wonderful and patient Dr. Had my 8 month old looked at for his tongue tie, and Dr Dickson was very gentle and helpful. We will be seeing him again for surgery and as anxious as I am feeling about that, I'm very pleased that he will be in Dr Dickson's care.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

My son had a fairly simple lip tie that needed to be corrected. Though the wait for the surgery was nearly a year (as it is a low priority procedure), I have no complaints. He was friendly, gentle and knowledgeable and made my son (2 at the time) comfortable. My son was 3 by the time we had the surgery and he handled it like a champ. It was also super fast!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Great Dr., but very rude front desk. Try not to come there for that reason only

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

We visited recently Dr. Dikson with out child. Let me list what I liked: - Dr. explained everything he was doing with the kid. And allowed me prepare child for unpleasant procedures; - Expressed available treatment options and ramifications and side-effects; - Was friendly and polite;

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

We were referred to Dr. Dickson because my 9 year old daughter had a cholesteatoma and needed ear surgery. He carefully went over her history, had a hearing test done by his assistant, who was also very nice, and then he explained to us exactly what needed to be done. While the wait for surgery is usually one year, he got my daughter in as soon as possible as her case was urgent. He does work fast, he knows his stuff, and I see that he is a busy doctor. Some people said he seems rude but I don't think so, he is just trying to make sure he sees every patient and doesn't waste time. The receptionist seems rude but thats the only compainy i have and its not the doctors fault. Anyway, He performed my daughter's ear surgery and I'm so thankful that we got to see him. Unfortunately, she has some permanent hearing loss but we will be seeing Dr. Dickson again for follow up surgery and I am resting well knowing that she has a good doctor taking care of her. We Highly recommend him. We are fortunate to live in Canada where we can even have a choice of doctors, let alone rate them, whereas if we were in a different country, my daughter may have lost her hearing for good.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

He was so rushed, I did not get a chance to ask my questions. Over all very disappointed as we waited a long time to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

We had a great experience with Dr Dickson. He explained the problem with the aid of pictures, and laid out the options for treatment. He was gentle and thorough and on time.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2016

Super rude at front desk. Dr. works with attitude too. My son is 5 and he does not want strangers to touch him. Dr. has no patience or intention to make him easy.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Dr Dickson has done multiple ear tube surgeries on our children. He is thorough, and very friendly. Seems rushed occasionally, but we are generally able to get in to see him on short notice when needed.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016