Ratings for Dr. CLARISSA R. Abrantes

My husband and I are very happy to have found Dr. Abrantes in the Sharon Morse Medical Bldg. at The Villages. She reviews our records on every visit and knows who we are. She follows recommended testing protocols and follows up to be sure we did get our tests. She reviews test results with us and gives us copies. If you need a specialist, she recommends one and follows up on any new findings. In addition, she is pleasant and personable which puts you at ease. Her staff is very efficient and helpful. If you need anything, they will answer questions or make arrangements. When she moves to another location a few miles away, we will follow. I rate the doctor and her staff as first class.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

She is very helpful and considered. She listens to patients' problems. She either helps or directs to a specialist.I've been a patient of Dr Abrantes for a year now and will not trust anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2014

We always have a good experience with the doctor. She explains what is wrong and how to correct it.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Having great difficulty contacting Dr Abrantes regarding prescriptions that need renewal; these are ongoing medications that have been issued for the past 5 years. When prescriptions are renewed they are only for 30 days. I don't understand why this is and cannot reach Dr Abrantes to speak to her personally. Her phone is busy, voice mail full, or some other such constraint. I can call 911 without a doctor. I am a very unhappy patient of Dr Abrantes.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

Freq. runs behind. Very friendly and patient. Quick to refer patients for $$ medical testing provided other specialty MD's that she shares office space with.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

She is the best. She spends lots of time listening to the patient. Comment regarding referring to specialists must take into consideration that she treats a community of retired adults (The Villages has 78,000 retired adults over age 55) who have many specific issues (heart, cancer, etc.). My husband is a diabetic and has many health issues. She treats him and does not refer him out. She is very knowledgeable and compassionate.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

good knowledge but refers to other drs. for just about everything

flag | Submitted December 5, 2009