Ratings for Dr. Chad C. Harvey

Today I saw Dr. Harvey as a new patient. I always am uneasy about goingto a new doctor. I am so impressed by the friendliness of his staff, and how I felt so comfortable and at ease. Dr. Harvey seems to be an unusually good doctor; seems interested in his patients, and although he talks fast and seems a little hurried, he seemed to listen to what I had to say and assured me that when I am sick and need to see a doctor I will be seen the next day or even the same day, if warranted. I came away with a very good feeling, and am confident that he is a very good choice; one of the best doctors I've seen, if my first impression is correct. I might add that I was also surprised at the short wait . I had contact also with 3 of his staff, all very pleasant and competent.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

He's been treating my mother for about 35 years. She loves him. About 10 years ago she had a heart attack and that's when we found out he'd been prescribing her benzodiazepeme (Xanax) fairly steadily for about 25 years. The hospital wouldn't recognize withdrawal alongside of an almost fatal heart attack which made the crisis worse as they wouldn't give her Xanax regularly to prevent the side effects of stopping benzodiazepines suddenly. She was in 4 point restraints and ICU for about 10 days hallucinating. Either he's more knowledgeable now or, if you want a script, make an appointment.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Great doctor, extremely knowledgable and educates his patients. Is a bit rushed so have your questions ready. Only issue is the front desk. Horrible dispositions and no secret they do not like each other. Quit going there due to front staff. Dr. Harvey deserves so much better.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

The best and tries to be helpful for different types of illnesses.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2011

I come from afar to see him and well worth the drive and gas. Gets me and others in exactly when sched 95% + (better than my on time arrival record). Believe he began med career as a NP and thus generally very concerned, sincere and patient with occasional crazy day exceptions i understand. GET YOUR NEXT LABS DONE WEEK AHEAD!! Voracious reader and cont ed attendee so always up on latest research, "best practices" and emerging treatments (Vit D, etc). Doesn't technically "take" Humana but seems to adjust fees/copays and I see very little diff from when I was with him under more premium-expensive BCBS. His assistant doc is also very good and extremely personable and sharp... as are front staff... once you get to know them. Nursing fluctuates a bit with turnover but barely relevant and that is true everywhere these days. As prior said, I feel lucky to know him and confident of his/their best effort if crisis arises.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

One of the best doctors I've chosen, however, he does not accept Humana. Have no complaints but I am unable to afford fees now. Somewhat poor front desk staff. Seem rude and uncaring sometimes. Otherwise Dr. Harvey is the best. I would recommend him without any hesitation. He seems to know my problems and fixes them quickly. Sometimes he is too busy and in a hurry, but that's all right with me. He is very knowledgeable in his field and seem to have an answer to every question I have. Thank goodness for doctors like him. I am hoping he will accept Humana Insurance soon.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2009

Dr. Chad C. Harvey's Credentials

• Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Jackson Ms 39216 (Grad. 1960)

Centene