Ratings for Dr. Barry Miller

I think Dr. Miller is a wonderful Doctor!. He does sometime run behind (I've experiences wait times of up to 2 hours) but I do believe that we is worth the wait. He is not a pill pusher like most doctors, he actually will sit there and listen to your concerns and help you deal with them (which is why I believe he at times runs late). It is hard for me to believe the posts that state he gets angry and hostile, I have never seen him upset, he is a very kind and gentle person who very much cares about his patients. I was referred to by my OB doctor who highly recommended him. He is extremely intelligent and compassionate.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

He's quite simply the best. He really cares and he's brilliant.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

This doctor has nearly killed a friend of mine with a deadly combination of 9 drugs with 5 major interactions!!! She's completely incapacitated and has both suicidal and homicidal ideation thanks to this arsehole's fine work! If you wanted to kill her, you should have used a GUN! I hope you burn for this, you murderer!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

I have panic attacks he won't give me anti anxiety medication he said to me you need anti depressant I'm not depressed I'm out going person but once in a while my attacks get bad he doesn't care and he told me to find a new doctor

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Amen! I totally agree with the rating from Sept 15 2015! Couldn't have said it better myself

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

Dr. Miller is the best Psychiatrist in Essex County and probably in all of Ontario. He is a very busy doctor and although I may have to wait for my appointment it is fine with me because I know he is being thorough and very caring. He has helped me in so many ways, and cares about how I feel and in helping me to maintain a good life in dealing with my illness. If you do as he states, after all he is the doctor, and the best, then he will give you all the time and help. If you seem not to care and do not follow instructions then how is he going to help you. Honesty is best, don't lie he can see right through you. Know that if you want the help the be honest with him, and follow his instructions with your meds. Remember he is very bust as is his staff, so be patient knowing he will give you the best of who he is, his knowledge is amazing, his intuition beyond description. Before I had Dr. Miller I was a mess, medications weren't working, nothing was helping me, until Dr. Miller. He helped me to get on the right medications, which took over a year, but mental illness is difficult to treat, but he works with you, and eventually the right medications are found. It saddens me when I read that people are trashing him, it makes me think you aren't following his directions, and maybe you are just not willing to accept Doctor Miller for who he is. If you stop fighting him you will find him to be amazing. If you are not going to listen to Dr. Miller, and get angry because he is saying what you want him to then don't waste his time, he is too busy to work with someone who won't work with him. If you want a amazing psychiatrist then Dr. Miller is for you, he has much experience, wisdom, knowledge and understanding, and with all that he is sensitive and caring for you as a whole. He is the best!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Very exceptional doctor with wonderful sensitivity, understanding and wisdom. Deals with very difficult medical problems for which there are never obvious answers. Has a fine reputation and deserves it.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Hey doctor miller I apologize for my comets earlier I was upset and should not have said what I said. It was a knee jerk decision but in retrospect your treatment of methadone has been the best I've ever received. Now that I am in Bc I definitely see that. I hope this isn't too late for my apology. You are a hard working man with a demanding job and I should have been more aware of tbat.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Thinks he is GOD. Takes people off medications without their consent. Im in so much pain and their office will not answer. I have been trying to get through all week I'm going into convulsions over a doctor not agreeing with my decision to move. Dr, you DISGUST ME.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Just another doctor playing "God". If he doesn't agree with your personal choices then he will be very angry and vindictive. He dropped my dose down from 85 to 60 and said it was an "accident" That is not only cruel it's illegal. I switched.. It's only a matter of time before you will too... Also, he makes you wait 3 hours every time. Sorry doctor, you aren't worth that much of my hard earned time.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015