Ratings for Dr. Barry Miller

This man deserves to have his license​ taken away and he should be jailed! I can't decided if I hate him more as a person or a doctor. He took a full year away from my life with false promises and lack of knowledge. He's one of those doctors that cares more about being above the rest... So if you wanna hear a doctor say over and over.... "I know many doctors would never do this...but...". Oh ya... And if you tell him you drink alcohol.. he'll try and put you on methadone... His rationale...if you're on methadone...you'll never get addictes to heroin... Well doc... I don't do heroin... Well patient.... Then you never will. WOW what an idiot. Oh ya... Had an appointment with another doc... Very reputable... Very costly. And when I told.miller about him... He said. Ya... Hes no good... Doesn't know what he's doing. Sure doctor Miller. Whatever you say. This last rant is for you doctor Miller... I know you don't read these because I know you wouldn't be surprised to hear all the negative comments. But Dr. Miller, I hate you. More than I hate my disease. You set me back so far in my progress. I don't know why you practice because you must know...how bad you are at your job. One day doctor, you will get what you deserve. You will get one for very persons life you have ruined You horrible, horrible man.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I'm a nurse, have a life-threatening medical condition that causes a lot of physical pain and nausea, along with bi-polar disorder and a patient of Dr. Miller for a few years. A cardiologist manages the medications to treat my heart. Dr. Miller manages all of the things that improve my quality of life - psych, pain and nausea medications, along with psychotherapy. I have worked alongside many psychiatrists and received treatment from a few. Hands down, he is the best at what he does when compared to other psychiatrists. All of the health care professionals I spoken to about him say that they like him the best and if a loved one had mental health issues, they would him taking care of their family. That's a pretty strong endorsement. You won't find a physician of any discipline that spends as much time with his patients as he does. If take an active role in your care, he and his staff will be extremely helpful, but like any relationship, if you fight him at every step, you likely won't have a positive outcome. Being a nurse, and having worked on an inpatient psychiatric unit while in university, nothing the guy does is random, without reason or unsupported by accepted medical practice. The only "negative" thing I can say about anyone/anything in his office is that he does run behind frequently. However, the reason he runs behind is that he takes as much time is needed for each patient's issues. When you combine that with the number of patients under his care, it is quite understandable as to why he is frequently behind. I have no issue with the wait because I know he will give me as much time as I need and there is no one that I trust with my wellbeing as much as Dr. Miller.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I have not one good thing to say about this person. As God is my witness, my family, my personal support workers, and my nurse that comes every other day have witnessed the suffering that this person has inflicted on me. I was treated for seven years with pain medication as I suffer from chronic pain, and Dr. Miller has taken away every pain pill that he originally was giving me. I was thrown into withdrawal, when I called the office my pleas were ignored, I was hung up on, I was even told that Dr. Miller did not believe anybody on opiates by Dr. Miller himself Being reduced to calling and begging and grovelling to know avail I wish everybody could understand the degree of suffering that this man has inflicted on me

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

I would not recommend this doctor. As other people have mentioned this person abruptly will change medications. Now that I see that this is happened to another person or persons, think about what you're doing people, . You could be in for a very rude awakening, as it was in my situation. This doctor and I say that loosely, and I speak for myself, caused me severe agony.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

I believe Dr Miller needs to take more time and LISTEN to what his patients are telling him. Just because I was in psychiatric ward in Windsor does not mean I don't know what my body is telling about the medications I am being TOLD, not asked to take. Phyciatrists in general do NOT have the ability to get inside and know what's in a persons head. My experience over years has proved that all the medications, pills upon pills and pills to counter act pills cause more harm than good for ME. Each person is different. The facility I am going to on Sept 14, Homewood Health Care as a total different outlook on mainstream medicine. They work to take you off ALL unnecessary medication so patients can think with a clear mind and focus on their illness. Imagine DR Miller telling me I must take shock therapy or he may consider discharging me from hospital, even though I was still suicidal when I was forced to leave because I refused to take pills that were harming me. Something about sending electricity through my brain just made no sense. It reminded me of the Frankenstein movies. I'm reading the comment below where the person mentions "He is not a pill pusher" That certainly was not the case when I was under his care. I now think clearly and am on no medications that alter my thinking process and do not harm me as those did. Loss of balance falling on my face, impotence, double vision, just to name a few. Oh, but we can give pills so you don't fall on your face quite as hard and then pain killers for when you do smash your head off the floor..........WOW!!!!!!!.............My brother committed suicide while under this man's care. I check out doctors who I feel don't have my best interest in mind so I found out why this Doctor can no longer practice medicine in Manitoba. You may want to look it up for yourself. College of Physicians and surgeons. I plan to hold those accountable for my brothers death. The Prosecutor and my brothers Defense Attorney who decided to "make an example of this man and send him to prison for 2 years because HE WAS SICK. You Men of the Law are going to pay for what you did to my brother. On a positive about Dr Miller, he was just as angry about what these Attorneys did without first consulting him and giving his professional opinion. For that, I say thank you Dr. Miller. You promised me you would do something about it. Have you started? IF not, will you back me if I start it? You know who I am

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I think Dr. Miller is a wonderful Doctor!. He does sometime run behind (I've experiences wait times of up to 2 hours) but I do believe that we is worth the wait. He is not a pill pusher like most doctors, he actually will sit there and listen to your concerns and help you deal with them (which is why I believe he at times runs late). It is hard for me to believe the posts that state he gets angry and hostile, I have never seen him upset, he is a very kind and gentle person who very much cares about his patients. I was referred to by my OB doctor who highly recommended him. He is extremely intelligent and compassionate.

Submitted July 13, 2016

He's quite simply the best. He really cares and he's brilliant.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

This doctor has nearly killed a friend of mine with a deadly combination of 9 drugs with 5 major interactions!!! She's completely incapacitated and has both suicidal and homicidal ideation thanks to this arsehole's fine work! If you wanted to kill her, you should have used a GUN! I hope you burn for this, you murderer!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

I have panic attacks he won't give me anti anxiety medication he said to me you need anti depressant I'm not depressed I'm out going person but once in a while my attacks get bad he doesn't care and he told me to find a new doctor

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Amen! I totally agree with the rating from Sept 15 2015! Couldn't have said it better myself

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015