Ratings for Dr. Monika Czarnecka

no respect for her patients own time either poor scheduling or to many patients.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

I had been a patient of Dr. Czarnecka's since I was 13 so roughly 17 years. I had to stop going because in the end my health was too important to leave in her hands. She does care for her patients but it's got to the point where she's overbooked and doesn't take the time to really listen and find solutions or follow up. Most of the time she didn't know why I was there. As a young woman you should be able to come to your doctor without feeling judged. When I asked for birth control at 22 she said that if I were her daughter she'd prefer I waited. I received expired birth control from her stash of samples. Thankfully I read the package before taking them. When I did get pregnant months later and miscarried she told me that it was a blessing since I wasn't ready. Not something you want or need to hear. Wait times are incredible. If I made an appointment I'd have to take the full day off. Her receptionists the last few years are rude. If you do have a health complaint she'll push drugs, even though you may not have what that drug is meant to treat, and tell you to try them and see how you feel in a few months. Feeling sad? She'll throw you a box of sample antidepressants This may be because of the kickback she receives from drug companies. If you care about your health don't waste your time with her. Good person. Bad doctor.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

The wait times are always long, and I find the reception staff very unhelpful; it's also impossible to get through to the office on the phone most of the time. However, I have always found Dr. Czarnecka caring, patient and thorough. I trust her and although she can be a bit blunt, I like her direct attitude. When I need to talk longer, she listens attentively. I do not feel rushed, but maybe you need to assert that you need more time in order for her to allow for a longer visit. Her office environment is sloppy, but I believe the care she provides is very good.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

First of all trying to get through by telephone to this office is impossible, faxes are not answered either. My Mom is 93 years old and for the most part is in good health and and of sound mind. My husband and I flew down from Calgary to meet with the Dr for the results of a CAT scan on the 17th of March. Mom was with us. The Dr had ordered a Cat scan of the spine instead of the neck which Mom had fractured in October. I asked for a copy which she just handed to me and not discussed. My Mom proceeded to tell the Dr that she had pain down her left arm and chest. The Dr. told her that she looked too good to be in pain,never touched or examined her and said there was nothing she could do as Mom was old and it was arthritic. I was horrified. Left the office (after waiting for 2 hours for these comments) took my Mom to a walk in clinic where they called an ambulance. My Mom remained in hospital for 14 days at the Victoria with 3 broken ribs and a fractured pelvis. Thanks Dr.Czarnecka for your kind care of my Mom!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

I am a long time patient and I am very pleased with the service provided. If you ask questions her responses are thorough. While I was holidaying earlier this year in Hawaii I felt ill. I called the Dr and she was unable to come to the phone. Amanda took my phone number and the Dr called me back , asked my husband questions and she advised as to a how to proceed. She was right. I was better within hours. The Dr is very busy but if you don't waste her time she will not waste yours.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

this doctor doesn't know how to divide her time with all of her patients.. my appointment time is 2:30pm and i was called 4:50pm then talked to me for only 3min. I still have questions because of what im going through and she answered me "sorry, I have no time, in 5min I have to Go!"... and she doesn't even recommend me to an ob-gyne even if i need one,a specialized doctor for gyne problems... im very much disappointed and now i don't like her... maybe if you're not from poland (polish)... you're the last priority... because she examined first 3 people who are scheduled after my appointment time... i knew it.... I will not recommend her... if its gonna be the same on my next appointment, i will look for another family doctor....

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

I find Dr. Czarnecka to be a most caring and compassionate whose interest in her patients goes beyond the examining room. Very bright and approachable.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

I have been going to Dr. C for over 15 years and consider myself lucky to be one of her patients. I'm 52 and fortunate enough to be in relatively good health and most years just require my annual physical. She obviously takes the time to review a patient's file prior to meeting so she's up-to-speed and asks relevant questions. I also appreciate her advice and wisdom regarding eating properly, using herbs, etc. -- she's very progressive that way. The waiting room wait is usually long but I just make sure to bring a book; I appreciate not being rushed and understand she takes the time for everyone so we each have to accept some longer waits. My biggest concern is she may retire and I'm sure I'll never get another doctor as caring and patient as her.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

I have not had a lot of contact with medical professionals in my life as I have enjoyed very good health (age 68). First saw Dr. C. a year ago for a specific minor problem. Referred to a surgeon and corrected. I was impressed by her professionalism, helpfulness, openness, knowledge at that time. So went back for an annual check up recently. I have never had such a thorough going over by a doctor. My first impressions have been confirmed and then some. I think she is great.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

I went to Dr C for years. She is exceedingly knowledgeable.But she makes assumptions that are not correct.My file is quite thick as I am a breast cancer survivor and I brought her all of my medical records when I first came to see her after my GP retired.So when she comes into the examining room with my thick file she assumes I am a very sick person and makes comments like "It may be difficult for you to get health insurance".My new doctor finds me exceedingly healthy other than the breast cancer history.In short, I am committed to staying healthy but Dr C did not seem to promote that. She even told me not to lose any weight, although I am 20 lbs overweight! She sent me for countless tests that were all negative, a drain on the health system.The final straw was when I received a call from Maples Surgical Center to book my HEART ULTRASOUND.I assumed a mistake had been made because Dr C had never discussed this I called her she wouldn't talk to me. I did not go for that test,changed MD

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012