Ratings for Dr. Hui S. Kang

Complete disregard for my medical needs. Dr. Kang looked at my face maybe twice. The rest of the time was spent on his laptop. I would go "off topic" to explain a symptom I was having and he would interrupt me and not listen at all. Very uncaring. Didn't want to hear about my past experiences with pain. I felt rushed and irrelevant. He does not explain what he is prescribing and why. I was disrespected in the most severe manner by him telling me I needed to see a Psychiatrist! I'm on Disability for intractable pain. I'm not crazy. I've been to pain psychiatrists/psychologists. I left the office in near tears. The office as well as the doctor treated me like a street junky. He will not prescribe opiods even if you walk in with a limb dangling. Just horrible. I do not know where or how he received awards from.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

I saw Dr.Kang for a chronic condition and he helped me TREMENDOUSLY!! I have a chronic ankle condition that hadn't gotten better with surgery. He took the time to listen to my problem and gave me multiple options to help with the pain. I think it is a breath of fresh air that a pain management doc ISN'T pushing narcotics and muscle relaxants on everyone that walks through the door. He customized the treatment plan to what I needed. I would definitely recommend this doc to anyone that ACTUALLY WANTS TREATMENT and isn't seeking medicine. He takes his job seriously and ONLY wants what is best for his patients.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Dr. Kang is great. He is very polite and nice as well as his staff. He examined me and treated the problem. I have friends who have gone to pain management doctors that give them pain medication and they still live with there pain when Dr. Kang helped me get rid of mine. He explained to me where my pain was coming from and discussed all the options of treatment. I now no longer have pain and highly recommend Dr. Kang to anyone who is having pain.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2011

Dr. Kang obviously does not have enough experience and knowledge to treat every patient for pain management. This shows from the time he enters the room as he follows a script on his computer and does NOT listen to the patient. This causes him to come across to the patient as a doctor with very poor bedside manners, thus, very rude. I am speaking as someone who has seen several renowned specialists and have had all the necessary tests needed to prove that my condition requires pain management at this time in order to go on with daily activities. Instead of letting me know he needed more information from these doctors and tests, it felt as if he was treating me as if I were an addict seeking drugs. As for me, my visit with Dr. Kang was not only a waist of my time and money, but also very degrading. Although he wasn't the doctor for me, he may be well suited for the patient who is just starting to seek treatment for pain.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010

This doctor wants to do spinal injections repeatedly for a cronic untrestable condition. Will not write prescriptions for medications needed to releave cronic pain. What a waste of time. Does not have a very good understanding of cronic pain for senior citizens that are in need of relief so they can remain functional in their prime. Prior specialists confirmed my condition as untreatable and he wanted me to start at step 1 of my treatment which had already been done by prior SPECIALIST over the past 5 years. Only reasons I went to him was that I had just to Houston from Nevada and needed to establish continual care for an inoperable condition. THIS DOCTOR ONLY WANTS TO DO ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS. Waited 10 days without medication and walked out of his office with successful treatment. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS MAN AS A "DOCTOR" FOR CRONIC PAIN!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

I have seen multiple doctors ranging from neurologists to surgeons for my back pain. Doctor Kang coordinated my care and made sure things were done. He explained & listened to what I had to say. Now I don’t need any pain medications and only take one medicine every now and then. Dr. Kang is an excellent well rounded doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Kang.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

Dr. Hui S. Kang's Credentials

• Texas Tech University Health Science Center School Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

GHI