Ratings for Dr. Teresa Petrella

This is a doctor who was born with Compassion!! If we only had more like her, being diagnosed with cancer wouldn't be so scary. She may be to the point and matter of fact, but she is well beyond kind, caring and personally sees you through your treatments. I've been with her for 6 years and have not left her office without a personal hug!! This is a tough job....and notwithstanding the pressures of this job she is able to maintain a professional and empathetic position. Thanks Dr Petrella for calming my whoas and keeping from being a total mess!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Diagnosed with melanoma in 2012. Awesome care and info. Great oncologist.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

Dr Petrella ia treating my brother, she is compassionate, articulates in layman terms and always seeking understanding before moving on. She truly cares about her patients

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

Dr. Petrella has been my mothers oncologist for years. She is amazing, compassionate and knowledgable. She cares about her patients and i am so thankful for her!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

Remember the movie Forresst Gump ? well run Forresst run over an hour late no information re me just shuffled off as claims don*t do chemo on anyone over 70 and unlikely anyone over 65 No empathy nothing , summarily dismissed but made an appointment for 6 months from now Just a fee grabber Ice Cold

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I am a bit shocked at reading the negatives below regarding Dr. Petrella. I am the mother of the patient, Dr. Petrella has not only been extremely caring, compassionate and most of all she hasn't given up on my child. She is the only reason that my child continues to receive care and has HOPE in his heart that maybe, just maybe treatments will work on his terminal cancer and he will have a shot at life. It is Dr.Petrella that looks him in the eye and tells him she has not given up on him. She takes time out of her day to speak with me on the phone and explain things so I understand. She does not fill our heads with unrealistic expectations, she is very clear my child is terminal. She is firm and looks my child straight in the eye when she speaks with him. I personally see her heart on her sleeve and wonder how she sleeps. I thank her from the bottom of my heart for being there for my child, without her I would not have him.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Petrella's for four years during my breast cancer treatments and post visits. She is compassionate, caring and the most wonderful doctor I have ever met(and I have seen some real losers). I only wish we could have more docs like her around. When you are going through a scary diagnosis, the last thing you need is a obnoxious, self centred physician who doesn't give a hoot about your feelings. She is very knowledgeable and never rushes me out the door. I welcome seeing her at my every visit. Thanks Dr Petrella for the compassionate care I receive ;))))))

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

In 2002 this doctor came into the room chewing her food as though she just finished her lunch. Just for background my husband had received a liver transplant 6 years ago and now at the age of 33 was diagnosed with melanoma. They put him on interferon and his liver rejected. So here we were with a three month old baby while this dr told my husband that there is no treatment and was quite cold about it. So we packed up and made our way across to Halifax where hubby grew up. We met an angel, dr Mary Davis who as soon as she met us said... Welcome home. She said we have nothing to lose, tried DTIC which runs through the kidney not the liver....11 years later, hubby is doing well. Petrella, don't be so quick to sentence someone to death. We are all worth saving.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Petrella and Clinical Trial Nurse Heidi, for at least 10 years and I've found them absolutely wonderful, kind and most caring. Thank you both for the wonderful care I've had at Sunnybrook, I'll be forever grateful to both of you. Nancy Mykelbost.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2013

Dr. Petrella is caring, compassionate, understanding, focused, kind, knowledgeable. A wonderful person inside and out. A wonderful doctor. She truly cared about me, my health, feelings. It was a great sense of comfort knowing I was in such good hands. Thank you Dr. Petrella, my mom gave me life and you saved it.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012