Ratings for Dr. Shari N. Mintz

i went to this dr twice, first time she found a sizable node on my thyroid and informed me that for the next appointment she would biopsy it. at the next appointment she didn't even talk to me, only my husband, told me that she wasn't interested in this node, and that all i needed was to lose weight. at the end of the office visit she said goodbye to my husband and shook his hand... he was livid as she did NOT take care of me at all and i was the patient! i will never go back to her again.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

By far the best doctor I ever treated with for any condition. She is known by other doctors as an expert in treating Thyroid conditions and does her own ultrasounds and biopsys in the office. The doctor I went to for my thyroid cancer surgery in NY said he sends all of his post-surgery patients from North Jersey to Dr. Mintz. If you have an endocrine condition, I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2011

I saw Dr. Mintz for a thyroid nodule that my primary care physician felt during my physical. Dr. Mintz fit me in the next day for an appointment and was able to find the nodule using ultrasound and then was concerned about it. She did a biopsy right in the office. It turned about to be cancer. I have since had surgery to remove the thyroid and Dr. Mintz has been treating me post-surgery and thankfully in complete remission. She listens and takes the time to explain everything! Very few doctors like this anymore.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

does not know how to treat Graves' disease - tells you she goes by symptoms first, then labs yet dismisses thyroid symptoms as something other than thyroid - I became very ill under her care due to being overmedicated

flag | Submitted July 11, 2010

tends to not listen to you. has a set idea of best treatment practices (textbook standard treatments) and gets upset if you disagree with her. just doesnt ask the right questions

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Dr. Shari N. Mintz's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (Grad. 1999)

Workers Comp