Ratings for Dr. Alan L. Colledge

Dr. Colledge has been extremely helpful. Local shots last a year and a half and he is very pleasant and kind each time I visit.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

He was very rude and acted like I was lying. I wont go to him again. I left crying.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I have seen Colledge for years. I sympathies with the previous comments and overall, I agree. I am young and have major lower back/disc and degenerative disc disease. He seems to brush me off every visit. I've had shots too. None of which helped. I felt hopeless. I hope that I can find a good back Dr in this area that can help. But as for Colledge, I don't mean to speak poorly, but without much to compare to, I would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

Dr Alan Colledge needs a class on how to treat people in general besides the lack of bedside manner. I can't believe the way he treated me and my disease. Funny thing is I was referred by my Dr. for something they found in a disk in m spine. But instead of treating that or giving advice he begins to tell me about my chiari malfoarmation in my brain and how I have been recieving to many narcotics for myy condition. I mean really he was calling out my Neurologist and why I need to get of the lortab. Excuse me I wasnt there for meds nor was I there to have a back dr. try to treat a brain condition thanks..and even if I was there for him to treat my chiari brain condition you should never just have accused me of abusing narcotics when he doesnt know half my story or what Ive been through..this guy will treat you like a 5 year old and brow beat you the whole time and make you fell worthless. I would not go to this Dr. again even If I was dying and he had the only cure! don't waist your time

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

Wife was in a bad car accident out of 20 doctors he was the very worst. Told her she would be in pain the rest of her life and to get over it. Accused us of lying, accused me of being coached by an attorney instead of asking me if I was Pre-med and had a biology degree. His paper work had multiple conflicting statements because in the beginning he didn't believe anything we said, in the end he trusted us but he caused us multiple problems with our lawsuit. He is a non surgical joke, all he wants to do is give you shots not under xray or fluro so they are worthless. I know he got in trouble with the board or hospital because we had another doctor and or administrator shadow him, and then after he left the room, asked us a bunch of questions about his bedside manor and how he treated us. We lied to the person saying that he was a good doctor because he was standing outside the room with the door opened and we couldn't afford for him to damage our case. He is a F- doctor.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

He was very knowledgeable about my back issue, and very helpful. He did tell me I was over weight and that wasn't helping my DDD. He gave me alternative ways to deal with and correct my back problems and pain, without taking pain medication. I have been seeing him 3 years and he was the only Doctor that could help me with my DDD and didn't just throw pain medication at me and tell me to do surgery.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

Dr. Alan Colledge was not knowledgeable about the services I needed although, I had explained my expectations when I made the appt. The dr. acted like he was too busy for me. He focused instead on what he felt was an issue and not what I felt was needed. I left the office without the information that would have helped me resolve my pain/medical issues. The comments that were made to me made it obvious that he has personal issues with specific groups of people. However, the front office staff was friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

I spent 2 years with this doctor and did PT for back injury, had an MRI showing extensive damage to L5/S1. I also had sciatic nerve for 2 years. I feel he never even believed me. I did pysical therapy and no help, he would not prescribe any medication and felt even Ibuprophen was hard drugs. He was also critcal of everything I did, I have to work hard for a living and have a farm on the side, he just treated me like I should walk away from any activity that he felt I should not do, but I had to support myself. Then he decided to do nerve injections, and I was ready 2 years of pain I would of done anything. The nurse at work told me don't go get another opinion, so I did, and I took one box of generic Medrol and sciatic nerve was gone, I am currently treated by a great doc for back pain and live a relatively normal life. I know all docs are different, but really I was dumb to try for 2 years, but I almost want to sue this guy a box of generic pills cured 2 years of absolute hell.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

I am not sure what Dr Colledge does know, as he spent my whole appointment critizing me for what I don't know. I was referred to him by another physician in his group/Practice, and have since told the referring doctor that I would rather have a root canal without anesthetic than see Dr. Colledge again. His manner was so cruel that I cried during the appointment, after the appointment, and questioned my worth for months after leaving his office. I wouldn't recommend that anyone see this man, and am not sure what exactly he does as a physician. I was supposed to see him for workman's comp type issues, but he didn't answer any of my questions or help me in any way. He spent my appointment telling me that I deserved my health complaints because I am overweight. I didn't become overweight until after I had a neck injury and suffered intense daily pain. I wasn't asking for pain meds - but he treated me like an addict. I would never see this man again.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

Dr. Alan L. Colledge's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)