Dr. Peter Gooderham

5 1 4.7

You may also like

Rate Dr. Peter Gooderham

Dr. Peter Gooderham's Ratings

I am a nurse and worked in neuro ICU some years ago. (The doctor did not know this at first) Needless to say I had a lot of questions and concerns when I learned I had a brain tumor and would need surgery. Dr. G was good enough to realize that I live very far from Vancouver and gave me the choice of doing the initial consultation over the phone. He gave me all the information I needed and answered all the questions I had. At no time did I feel rushed or insignificant. When I saw him in his office just before the surgical date he answered many more questions for me and when I left I felt completely prepared for the operation. The surgery went very well and I am back at work - good as new.

Christine was also wonderful. She went above and beyond in making sure I had all of my pre-op appointments and was prepared for the surgery. She played a big role in my comfort level around the whole process. I wish more MOAs were as good!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2902765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2015

they are an amazing team . very busy .but the best always are. some of the negative comments you can tell are made up and nonsense. the office assist deeply cares and takes her job very seriously! he is so skilled and caring. tjsnk you for all!!! mucho gracias doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2866010].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I recently was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called olfactory neuroblastoma. The tumour extended from the nasal and sinus areas and slightly into the brain. It required a 10 hour surgery by Dr. Janjua with Dr. Gooderham performing the part that required a neurosurgeon. Dr. Gooderham was very helpful in understanding just what was going to happen during surgery and with information after the surgery was complete.

I am extremely grateful to Dr. Gooderham for both the way that he dealt with me and for the skill and competence with which he performed the surgery. I am left with the firm belief that I could not have received better surgical care anywhere on the planet than what I received from both Dr. Janjua and Dr. Gooderham.

Christine in the office was wonderful in answering queries and in arranging appointments. She was always pleasant and helpful

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2828945].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

My husband had Brain surgery 27 months ago and Dr. Gooderham was his surgeon, this went well until a stupid nurse took out my husbands stitches while I was out getting us a tea which led him to have a brain bleed! My husband had to repeat the 7 hour surgery again because of that nurse! But my husband is fine now and he is back carving jewellery. He will always have a disability with his balance. Thank you to Dr. G for doing your best for Marv because I have my husband home with me. You are the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2815397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr Gooderham is great. His assistant , however, is a complete nomind. My surgery went great and I am happy to say I am fully recovered, to spite the fact her attitude almost had me looking for a different surgeon a month before my surgery date was booked. She constantly forgot to contact me to book an appointment; she fabricated conversations I know for a fact I did not have with her. I feel bad for her as she does seem to have some legitimate issues, however a simple cleaning of her desk might just do wonders. Everytime I was in there it seemed she was struggling to find information in her pile of paperwork between her floor and desk.

I don't know how others could have thought she was friendly, perhaps they did not have the misfortune of being yelled at after one of her "but you don't understand, dear..." Speaches.

Dr Gooderham is worth having to deal with the scattered assistant, as long as you are careful and tread on eggshells around the assistant.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2774531].votes_count ]]

Submitted April 12, 2015

Dr. Gooderham and Dr. Janjua performed an operation to remove a tumor from my pituitary gland in October, 2014. From the time Dr. Gooderham starting monitoring the tumor a few years ago up until the present, I can say he was excellent in all that he did - with the consultations, sending me for tests and MRI's, the operation and the follow-up. He is professional, very knowledgeable, willing to listen, caring and above all approachable. His assistant, Christine, was so very helpful, friendly and caring. She went way beyond the norm for assisting patients. I cannot thank Dr. Gooderham and Christine enough for all that they did. I look forward with confidence in having Dr. Gooderham continue to monitor my situation and having Christine as a liaison through the next phase of my recovery.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2680117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

My family and I do not have enough words to Thank Dr. Gooderham with. My mom was refered to Dr. Gooderham by a neurologist at VGH . My mom had a stroke in June 2014 and we were advised to wait a couple of months before we decide on further actions. The surgery was performed in November 2014 . This was the first time we had experienced a stroke within our family, so he did help with the learning process. His expertise and knowledge was excellent. He was able to answer all our concerns and questions. He performed an intensive surgery on my mother as she was diagnosed with MoyaMoya. Although the surgery took longer than expected, Dr.Gooderham still made the effort to come see my family after the surgery to advise us as to how the surgery went. His Kindness and supportive staff (Christine in particular) were amazing. He truly does care about his patients and is attentive in ensuring both his patient and family members understand the proceedure and risks associated with the surgery. We cannot thank Dr. Gooderham enough.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2659650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2014

Nothing but praise for his knowledge and compassion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2603980].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

Dr Gooderham was excellent. His receptionist does not have the best people and seems constantly flustered although well meaning.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558042].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

Dr. Gooderham removed a huge cyst from my head on the May 29th 2014
The cyst was sitting in a very bad spot pressing on my brain and my eyes.
The surgery was a success and my vision was safe.
I can't thank Dr. Peter Gooderham enough for his kindness, understanding and professionalism.
He explained the operation thoroughly, and what to expect.
He truly cares about his patients and goes "beyond" to help them even after surgery.
He is very professional and always takes the time to answer all my questions.
We are so lucky to have such a wonderful doctor in Vancouver Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2510426].votes_count ]]