You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Peter Gooderham

First contact was made with Christine, Dr. Gooderham's secretary, who was extremely clear and concise in regards to appointment times and required pre-appointment tests. Not being from Vancouver I found Christine's help and directions invaluable. Dr. Gooderham is an amazing and compassionate Dr who is very knowledgeable - he explained the delicate situation and his plan of approach in an easily understood context. Dr. Gooderham never made us feel rushed and was available to respond by telephone to any pre/post surgery questions or concerns quickly. To this point - I once again commend Christine for liaising our calls with clarity...she made us feel like we were Dr. Gooderham's only patient which is a rare feeling when dealing with "Big City" specialist office's. This team made a very scary and serious situation almost bearable by making us feel we were in the best possible hands.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr. Gooderham and his staff were wonderful in the handling of my wife and the removal of her tumor. It was as positive an experience as possible under the circumstances, and everything went very well. Thank you Dr. Gooderham and your staff. Very thankful for your skill, knowledge and personable approach.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Quit bullying the assistants . If you are respectful..they bent over backwards for you . Remeber they work for the doctors . harassing and bullying is just plain mean especially on made up posts. Face to face RESPECTFUL communications great.not childish gimmee gimmee lies on posts !

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I've been very fortunate to be referred to Dr. Gooderman. I must admit, it can't be me saying this or maybe the secretary doesn't like my face, I walked in there and she accused me of messing up my appointment date and that I should have called to confirm my appt date when all I did was follow her direction of the original date and time. I was told it changed and when I asked her when she called, it was 20min before the appt. I dont mind jungs happen just wasn't sure where to go after...she rushed me out and basically blamed me for not calling her before the scheduled appt. I was suppose to call her the day before to confirm if there are changes? I was told she called me and when she showed me the phone it was 20min before my appt. I asked couldn't she call me earlier and she started getting frustrated at me. I'm still so thankful I have dr. G looking after me regardless.

Submitted March 2, 2016

Dr. Gooderham is my husbands neurosurgeon, over the last few years having to deal with many medical office, I have found Dr. Gooderham's secretary to be the most helpful, compassionate, empathetic medical secretary I have ever dealt with, and after working as a Medical Office Manager myself for many years, it is truly refreshing to find someone so helpful , organized and willing to go the extra mile. Patients and Doctors must remember , the medical secretary is the one who sets up how your visit will go, as she or he is the first person you come in contact with when entering the office, and unfortunately we are not always recognized for our hard work. Thank you for being so a,axing. And making this journey just a little bit easier. Jen Szarapka

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr. Gooderham performed my father's brain surgery flawlessly last year. His level of expertise is clearly very high and he truly cares about his patients. Even though he is very busy, he answered all of my questions patiently. My father is doing very well after a year and I am very thankful to him for saving my dad's life.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Dr. Gooderham is amazing. The removal of my brain tumor was more complex than anticipated and , instead of an operation of 4 to 6 hours, he and his team spent 12 hours. He then went on to perform another, but more delicate operation. He made me aware of all of the risks ahead of time and was there for follow up after the fact. Hi assistant, Christine was also a rock and was extremely helpful leading up to the operation.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

thank you Dr Gorham and his amazing team. the comments regarding the assistant are ridiculous.she works very hard and has to deal with ignorance rude self centered people at times. paperwork .cuz hes busy. funny how people take it out on office staff .don't u getting that they follow what the doctor wants . how about being grateful ? they see huge volume of people

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

Dr. Peter Gooderham's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First contact was made with Christine, Dr. Gooderham's secretary, who was extremely clear and concise in regards to appointment times and required pre-appointme..."

May 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gooderham and his staff were wonderful in the handling of my wife and the removal of her tumor. It was as positive an experience as possible under the circu..."

May 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Quit bullying the assistants . If you are respectful..they bent over backwards for you . Remeber they work for the doctors . harassing and bullying is just plai..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I've been very fortunate to be referred to Dr. Gooderman. I must admit, it can't be me saying this or maybe the secretary doesn't like my face, I walked in t..."

March 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gooderham is my husbands neurosurgeon, over the last few years having to deal with many medical office, I have found Dr. Gooderham's secretary to be the mos..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've had a lot of complications but he has been absolutely excellent and his secretary is so lovely. "

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gooderham performed my father's brain surgery flawlessly last year. His level of expertise is clearly very high and he truly cares about his patients. Even ..."

January 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gooderham is amazing. The removal of my brain tumor was more complex than anticipated and , instead of an operation of 4 to 6 hours, he and his team spent 1..."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Bedside manner excellent, skill level obviously very high, communication and follow up excellent. We need more physicians like him!"

October 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "thank you Dr Gorham and his amazing team. the comments regarding the assistant are ridiculous.she works very hard and has to deal with ignorance rude self cent..."

October 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am a nurse and worked in neuro ICU some years ago. (The doctor did not know this at first) Needless to say I had a lot of questions and concerns when I learne..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "they are an amazing team . very busy .but the best always are. some of the negative comments you can tell are made up and nonsense. the office assist deeply ca..."

July 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer called olfactory neuroblastoma. The tumour extended from the nasal and sinus areas and slightly into the..."

June 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband had Brain surgery 27 months ago and Dr. Gooderham was his surgeon, this went well until a stupid nurse took out my husbands stitches while I was out ..."

May 22, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gooderham is great. His assistant , Christine, however, is a complete nomind. My surgery went great and I am happy to say I am fully recovered, to spite the ..."

April 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gooderham and Dr. Janjua performed an operation to remove a tumor from my pituitary gland in October, 2014. From the time Dr. Gooderham starting monitoring..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My family and I do not have enough words to Thank Dr. Gooderham with. My mom was refered to Dr. Gooderham by a neurologist at VGH . My mom had a stroke in June ..."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing but praise for his knowledge and compassion."

November 2, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gooderham was excellent. His receptionist does not have the best people and seems constantly flustered although well meaning."

September 30, 2014