Ratings for Dr. Jason Dorfman

When I questioned his manner he told me he was the “one in the white coat” . I have seen this doctor a few times , each time I explain that I have hearing loss - he continues to speak to me with his back turned, when I ask him to repeat himself he gets annoyed. When I asked him to explain the meds I’m supposed to take because I didn’t understand - he told me I wasn’t listening and refused to explain again - he said “ask the pharmacist,” and walked out of the room . Unbelievable. I don’t even think he’s a good Dr - compared to other eye doctors I’ve had , he takes very little time actually examining my eyes. I won’t be going back.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2018

Dr Dorfman was very professional and kind to me. I have met with him at least 3 times and have had nothing but positive interactions with him. Trust me, I've had some unpleasant eye doctors in the past, and Dr Dorfman is NOT one of them.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

I was seen about 15 minutes after my appointment time which was not bad at all. However, when I arrived into the exam room, the Dr. had his back to me and was completing the previous patient's file so I just sat there awkwardly while he finished. I was going to explain why I was there and he said he didn't need a long story because if I saw an Optometrist "they don't know as much as we do" which I found a bit rude. He asked a couple of times if I was Hispanic, which I am and then asked if I grew up in a ranch/farm. I mentioned I grew up in Mexico City which is way larger and in some cases more advanced than Toronto! So I guess he assumes all Mexicans grow up in ranches surrounded by donkeys and feral animals. The staff was ok but I really didn't learn anything new that the Optometrist hadn't told me before (i.e. my eyes are dry and I need to take my Omega 3)! I will be cancelling my follow up appointment as I see no need to go back to this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

I can personally attest to these reviews being true as my recent experience was my first and last visit. I cannot understand how Dr. Dorfman can still be in practice considering how rude and dismissive he is. My experience was very similar to other patients you have read here. In terms of the long wait and being administered eye drops repeatedly as his staff member seemed worried that she had not applied it properly. What I figured is that she was afraid that Dr. Dorfman would yell at her for doing the eye drops incorrectly. His staff members were stressed and confused as he was constantly talking to them over the headsets they all had to wear. I kept being escorted out of the office repeatedly after being administered certain tests and told to wait in the waiting area. With my eyes blurry and feeling nauseous, I had to stand near the entrance as the chairs were full. When I finally was called into the office with Dr. Dorfman he was busy completing other patients files and barely greeted me with his back turned. He never made eye contact once in his dark office. A few memorable quotes I recall from my visit with Dr. Dorfman was "don't talk" and "you aren't sweet 16 anymore", this was in reference to me getting styes in my eyes. Not sure what styes and sweet 16 have to do with one another. Near the end of my pleasurable visit with Dr. Dorfman he briefly stated that there was some types of foods I could eat for my stye issue, when I asked him what those were he cut me off by saying the front desk will tell you. I had attempted to ask other questions in how to prevent styes and again I was cut off and told to purchase the items the front desk would fill me in on. When I went to the front desk the staff seemed frazzled and confused on what to do. I was prescribed an eye ointment which I already had but of course Dr. Dorfman had no clue, as he didn't review my file or listen to when I had previously tried to mention I had used it but it didn't work. The staff tried to sell me a $50 eye heating pad, which I already had which previously Dr. Dorfman had told me would not be good for me as it drys the eyes. This all was contradicting obviously! They also tried to sell me other eye drops which I refused and never filled me in on what foods or vitamins I should take. The staff were also upset that they had been working for 8-10 hours with no break. There obviously seems to be issues with Dr. Dorfman and how he operates his practice and treats his staff who I felt sorry for. Ultimately this appointment was useless and a waste of time! Don't waste your time! The long wait times for other Ophthalmologists is longer as they are obviously worth the wait.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Terrible human being and awful doctor. Saw him 5 years ago for visual symptoms (which I later found out through being investigated by other doctors, were harmless & related to migraine and can be controlled by medication), and he had the audacity, despite me being in obvious tearful distress, told me calmly, even matter-of-factly that "you know migraines can sometimes even make people lose their vision completely, and to go blind"! When I started questioning him about that, he didn't discuss want to discuss this further. Wow! It was really reassuring to hear at the time! Also he did not put the proper amount of anesthetic drops in my eyes to measure the eye pressure, so when he tried to measure my eye pressure I winced away from the machine (since I could feel it touch my eye), and he was like, "yeah, you're not going to let me do it, so you probably won't let me for the other eye as well". Then I had some questions for him, and he was like, "No, its 5 o'clock, end of the day." What kind of person treats people like that??!!! At least his secretary was nice.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

I'm asian male. visited dr. dorfman on advice of my family dr. I found him ok, not rude, nor condescending. he checked eye and cornea. gave me a few free eye wash solutions. But I knew that fleas, lice, mites, had gotten in my eyes and damaged the fibers in my eyes, causing floaters and blurred vision. He did not accept my studied 3rd medical sciences opinion, and scars over my arms and legs as evidence. Rather he said it is a symptom of age, and left it at that. So I probably won't be getting any ODSP financial disability impairment, nor insurance support from his HELPFUL ADVICE?!.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

I read all the reviews on here. You are going to get a checkup done. Who cares if he did not talk to you. You are seeing him for a reason. Let him do the tests he needs to do and go home. His job is not to be a friend to you. His job is to help you. He helped me, and I am very happy with him. In the end, I may not have made a friend, but my vision is fine. If you want to make small talk, call friend. If you need help with your eyes, see Dr. Jason dorfman.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

I cannot believe how accurately all the negative comments reflect my experience. I am sure he would have had 0's if it were possible.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Unfortunately you can't give 0's and the staff definitely does not deserve a 1, but if I give them more, it will skew his overall result to over 1 and I can't have that. Condescending to say the very least. When I asked to clarify a few things, he said he had already went over everything and ushered me out the door. As a Dr, and a specialist at that, people come to you for your expertise and it doesn't matter if you think you've explained it well - if the patient doesn't understand and just wants to clarify, it's a simple request. I was surprised afterwards by the amount of people who attend his clinic so I thought it was a one-off. But based on all these comments below and the sheer volume of them, he is not worth the trouble. I'm going to request my family Dr to refer me to someone else and stop sending people over to him. His staff was courteous though and I feel sorry for them to have to work with someone like him.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

DR.Dorfman is the worst eye doctor I have ever been too. He is the definition of the word Idiot. He has no manners at all. He should wear a dunce cap on his head.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017