Ratings for Dr. Jason Dorfman

Ophthalmologist Jason K. Dorfman is the biggest jerk ever. Today is the second time I see this Doctor. After waiting for an hour and a half delay, all I got was one of the most condecendant persons I have ever dealt with. Dorfman' attitude towards his patients is horrible. A good doctor help people and do not treat them like just a way to make money. With this idiot you can tell from miles away that he just look at his patients from a money perspective . He suggests a bunch of tests that are not necessary, even if you had it done recently. This office is all about making money. They have all these tests which are not covered at all for OHIP or health insurance companies. Dorfman says things like: "You need to do this test... well if you can't afford it". He asks questions and interrupt you in the middle the your answer just to look that you don't know what you are talking about. He is rude and arrogant to the core. I'm pretty sure he is not as brilliant as he think he is. The staff is terrified of him. You can tell he is a bully and mistreats everybody. He thinks he is better and know more than the rest. He suggested my family Doctor didn't know nothing and asked where was he from based on his last name. Please go to somebody else. Somebody as ignorant and disrespectful shouldn't be your Doctor. He clearly is racist and makes judgments on people based on accents, last names or their on the color of their skin. You are paying for good health care and you are supposed to get it.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

The rudest dr I have ever experienced, I actually left the office in tears. Extremely condending and accused me of not wanting to cooperate when I was naturally reacting to something being stuck in my eye when he didn't warn me. I haven't been spoken to in that manner since I was a teenager. Absolutely disgusting. There was a mixup with scheduling and I felt guilt after for telling him, I can only imagine how he treats his staff if that's how he treats patients. I felt scared to be in the room with him by the end of the appointment. Shouldn't be licensed.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

He is the most rude and terrible doctor ever, no manner at all, such a shame , all the reviews unfortunately are correct.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

My experience is similar to the one below. He is pathetic, disrespectful and instead of advice re use of prescription, he will say read the pamphlets. The negative reviews are accurate

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

All the negative reviews are true! Dr. Dorfman, treats his patients and staff with utmost disrespect. I don't know if it is the stress or frustration of being a doctor, but being in service industry, people skills are needed, and he has none. He is very knowledgeable, but his bedside manner needs drastic improvement. Maybe being a doctor inflated his ego beyond recognition. But he does not register anyone being on the same level as him. Shame on you doctor, we are all human, and should be treated with dignity and respect. If you can handle being treated like a lowered level species and seeing others being treated the same, they he's a doctor for you. If not, then I highly recommend seeing someone else

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I have been visited Dr. Dorfman just once, and recently. This is my conclusion so far.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

will not go back to this doctor. Greeted me with a horrible joke which I didn't get- he then went on to insult me with racist remarks and asked if I had trouble understanding English. When I mistakenly placed my purse on the "wrong spot", he proceeded to question my intellect and said "I'm really starting to wonder if you are hard of hearing, can you hear ok? Is there any problems with you?" I was in complete shock at that point as I've never encountered anyone who's ever spoken to me that way. I'm a healthy person in my 20s, and I noticed that a lot of his patients are older adults, I can't even imagine the way he'd treat them. There are plenty of other Ophthalmologists in the area, please please please avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016

I'm shocked by the comments I see here. Not the Dr. Dorfman I know. The person I know is very caring, sensitive and compassionate. He is someone who is very knowledgeable in his field, loving of his family and dedicated to his work, which demands utmost precision. I beg to differ with many of the comments I've witnessed here. I say, this man is remarkable.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2016

I have been to an Ophthalmologist that works at Mount Siani in previous years and wanted to get a second opinion, so my doctor sent me to Dr. Dorfman. I did not get seen right away but with our Ontario health care system, its expected. When I walked in the DR was finishing up on the previous patients documents, which was fine. He did not make any eye contact when I walked into the office. He then proceeded to ask me what was wrong with my eyes, and when I told him what the Optometrist had hold me, he did not want to hear it. I found it very strange that he wouldn't want to know what ANOTHER doctor has told me about my eyes. When he asked me to do something and I didn't do it to his liking, he was very condescending and rude. He put in eye drops and asked me to go in the waiting area until my pupils were dilated. As I was sitting at the front he began telling me to about what was wrong with my eyes and that he would give me a prescription for specific eye drops, but he would also give me a free sample (which I thought was nice of him). He then proceeded to tell me about other eye drops and some vitamins that he recommends to his patients. As I was going to the pharmacy after my appointment I asked to write down the name of the eye drops and vitamins so I can buy it there. The secretary was hesitant, but she gave it to me. As I was writing down the names the DR proceeded to tell me that those two things might not be at the pharmacy but I could try. My cousin works at a pharmacy and I for a fact know they carry those brands. The DR then had the audacity to ask me "What would I be buying from the". When I said I wouldn't be buying anything, he seemed annoyed with my answer. He then told me that the prescription needed to assisted by the regular eye drops. He was being very pushy for me to purchase the eye drops from him. I asked how much they were ($15 - they are CHEAPER at the pharmacy) and then asked if they took debit, they don't (cash or credit). I said I would buy them at the pharmacy. He then REFUSED.... YES REFUSED... to give me my prescription because I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from him. I'm not sure if he knows it's ILLEGAL to do that and that I will be complaining to the CPSO. I wish I just asked to see the same doctor at the hospital because he was a million times better.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Horrible human being. Very condescending and rude and never on schedule.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016