Ratings for Dr. Rami S. Elmufdi

Very rude and unprofessional individual. He made very inappropriate remarks about my physical appearance. Refused to answer questions and treated me as if I were in need of psychiatric care post stroke/seizure. He failed to include a diagnosis on my discharge notes. He failed to inform me of a diet change vital to the improvement of my condition, and then chastised me for consuming a regular diet and worsening my condition. He ordered that I take Crestor (for high cholesterol which I do NOT have) which caused vomitting and worsened my condition and also lengthened my hospital stay. He proceeded to falsify his account of events in my medical record to make it look as if I had apologized for my behavior thereby indicating that he had done no wrong.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

rude individual,judgmental, does not listen to patients concerns, poor bed side manner, condescending and does not exhibit empathy. I was hospitalized for 7 days with acute pancreatitis. I am a 34 year old single mom with a professional career. One ex: The doctor spoke to my mother about me in the room, in 3rd person, about me as if I was not present. It was as if, he was treating me like a child, and speaking to my "mommmy." It was degrading, humiliating, and demeaning. I was questioning him on his method of care of my illness and he was not happy about that. He then became very judgemental and said that I must be an "alcholic" to have pancreatitis because it was not my gallbladder and the only other alternative is alcohol. When in fact Ocella, my birth control choice of 2 yrs, has pending class action lawsuits vs. the manufacturer for causing pancreatitis. He refused to consider this as an option while i vehemently denied drinking especially, since I am an actively nursing mother.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2009