Ratings for Dr. Casey Tepperman

Agree, he's arrogant, patronizing - I've visited him a few times over the years and always leave feeling annoyed because he's given me some unwanted life advice about buying property, relationships, etc. A true know-it-all, whether you asked for it or not. Also expensive, $252 which I've paid because he will guilt you for not going with all the pics. I need to find a kinder optometrist, one that knows how to treat patients with respect, not just as cash cows.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2018

Rude, presumptuous, patronizing and expensive. I had missed taking my young adult daughter to see him one year for an eye exam for many personal reasons. The next year, when I took her in for a visit and was in the waiting area, he berated me for not bringing her in the previous year and proceeded to ask me mockingly how often we visited the dentist. He also insists on dilating the eyes at every exam irrespective of age or health of the patient.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

I had visited a number of doctors who miss diagnosed the infection in my eye, which led me to believe I needed surgery prior to going to Dr. Tepperman. He quickly diagnosed the problem and saved me great pain and difficultly that surgery would have caused. He has been very kind, gentle and professional with my family and me. The staff, especially Leslie, has been a pleasure to deal with. I will always recommend Dr. Tepperman to friends and family.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Tepperman for 4 years and have found him to be very responsive to my needs and extremely helpful. I very much appreciate his knowledge and patience in answering all of my questions and have recommended him to my friends and family. James Doucette

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

I have a 14 year old daughter that started having excessive blinking at the age of 10 . We visited 2 different optometrists before Dr. Tepperman, and both Dr.'s told us that she would grow out of it, but it only got worse. A friend recommended Dr. Tepperman who explained and suggested everything in detail, and she was fine in no time. Thank you Dr. Tepperman.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Dr Tepperman is an excellent professional, that is caring and very pleasant. My mother has some eye conditions that require special attention, and doctor Tepperman is always very explanatory when we have questions and makes himself available at anytime. Will definitely recommend him to family and fiends!

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

It is unfortunate that I agree with the poor reviews here- I want to say I had a good experience but I felt sick to my stomach walking out the door, after paying $252 for an eye exam, and yes, I am sad to say I got suckered int those two special tests that cost $100 together. I have to call OHIP and confirm, but the doctor said I wasn't billable because I had my cataract removed however, I still have a cataract in the one eye- I think he wanted me to pay up front because he clearly gets more money that way, and the government only reimburses him a max amount per eye exam, right? He does seem more like a businessman, and not concerned about actual eye health. Toward the end of the exam, I left out an eye diagnosis previous optometrists and an ophthalmologist gave me, on purpose, to see if he would bring it up, and he didn't! At this point too, I already got the impression I wasn't talking to someone who was giving me full attention or mutual respect. I am not going back there. His positive reviews must be from clientele with $, that I bet he treats a bit better, as well as friends and family, as his google rating otherwise doesn't make sense. His character reeks of condescension and assumptions. He insulted procedures my previous doctors did- in a field like this, I would hope there is some level of respect in the profession- he doesn't have that, or seem to care. His staff is ok, but not knowledgeable, and probably trained not to mention the cost of the exam unless specifically asked. "You don't have to do these extra tests, but it's your vision"- Talk about a condescending prick! I have a prescription for glasses now, and the lenses I tried etc., were good, so I think I trust the prescription, but will gladly fill it elsewhere. However, it will have to wait a while as I can't afford them now after spending a quarter of a thousand dollars on an eye exam (in that context, doesn't it seem even more money than it should be???) Avoid him please, the other posts are right- your eye sight is precious, and so is your dignity.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

I wish I had read some of the comments here before seeing this doctor. Left his office with a terrible experience. He's rude and arrogant. Wasted my time.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

In one word, Dr. Casey Tepperman is AMAZING. My family has been seeing him for many years. My father used to go to him, and he used to suffer from many eye problems. Dr. Casey Tepperman was so gentle, patient and kind with him. When I developed a problem with my eye, he quickly diagnosed the problem and recommended me to the best doctors in the city. He is attentive, responsive, caring, gentle, and professional. His diagnosis is dead on. Everything you want and expect from a doctor. I would recommend him highly and do so. I would never go to another doctor or trust my eyes to another optometrist except to Dr. Casey Tepperman. He is the BEST.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr. Tepperman has always gone out of his way to accommodate and care for my eyes. He is professional and very kind, I recommend him highly...Leslie is great as well, they make an impressive team.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017