Ratings for Dr. Casey Tepperman

In one word, Dr. Casey Tepperman is AMAZING. My family has been seeing him for many years. My father used to go to him, and he used to suffer from many eye problems. Dr. Casey Tepperman was so gentle, patient and kind with him. When I developed a problem with my eye, he quickly diagnosed the problem and recommended me to the best doctors in the city. He is attentive, responsive, caring, gentle, and professional. His diagnosis is dead on. Everything you want and expect from a doctor. I would recommend him highly and do so. I would never go to another doctor or trust my eyes to another optometrist except to Dr. Casey Tepperman. He is the BEST.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr. Tepperman has always gone out of his way to accommodate and care for my eyes. He is professional and very kind, I recommend him highly...Leslie is great as well, they make an impressive team.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

If you want an eye doctor who doesn't assess your sight properly and gives you the wrong prescription for glasses 3x in a row, then Tepperman is your guy. If you want an eye doctor who fails to send you to a Glaucoma specialist when his tests indicate to do so, then once again Tepperman is your guy. Thankfully I had the good sense to find another eye doctor who, upon testing me, sent me immediately to a Glaucoma specialist who performed Laser Iridotomy surgery in order to preserve my sight. Tepperman is nothing more than a contact lens and glass frame salesman. Your eyesight is precious - don't leave it's care in the hands of an incompetent doctor.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

Poor service. Tried to get my medical records but wanted to charge me a bunch of fees.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Would highly recommend to friends and family. Extra kudos to his team, esp. Leslie Nelson for professionalism and efficiency.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

fantastic eye dr, no issues great service and very helpful

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I've commented about Terpperman several times, and yet i am still a patient of his. it's his location that makes it convenient. otherwise, a word of advise to anyone seeking an optometrist. GO SOMEHWERE ELSE. There are a lot of fish in the ocean. tepperman will upsell you. HE WILL. He will OVERCHARGE you. HE WILL. His staff (particularly, Leslie) will do the same. STAY away.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I don't usually write reviews but I visited Dr. Tepperman for a routine eye exam last weekend with my fiancé, and I feel like I have to say something. I had previously seen Dr. Kaplovitch, who was extremely lovely, but on maternity leave so I decided to see Dr. Tepperman instead. Someone in an earlier review wrote this, and I agree, he is a business man. He cares about sales, and it truly seems like that is all he cares about. He told me that he wanted to do retinal imaging on two different machines, which would cost an extra $100, and then said that it was my choice, but before I even had time to think about it or ask any questions I was out the door with the technician. I felt like I didn't have a choice even though he said I did. When I asked the technician if the imaging is usually covered by extended insurance plans, she said "she thinks so". So I went ahead with the imaging, even though the alternative option (eye drops) don't bother me at all. And then I walked out with a $244 bill per person. Which, by the way, neither of our two insurance companies covered. What a scam. Not to mention what a pretentious a-hole. He's cocky and doesn't seem to care very much about his patients. I would gladly see Dr. Kaplovitch again, but I will never go back to Dr. Tepperman. The only good thing about this experience was the staff and the free coffee.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I just came in to look at an eye irritation and was upfront about stating this to the pre-exam and to him. During the appointment he just went straight into doing a full exam and did not at any point notify me that he was doing a full exam and "contact lens exam" which I did not even ask for. When I questioned this and the retinal pictures he asked me to take he was extremely condescending about "not being pressured into treatment if I'm not able to afford them". All throughout the appointment he just kept pushing me to order contact lenses even though that was not even something I came in for, and was rude about it when I didn't want to order any. During the appointment I kept being asked to wait outside at intervals since it seemed he would see multiple patient at once and we would rotate in and out of his office within the same half hour. All in all a terrible experience and I still got charged $200. Would never go back

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I recently visited Bay Bloor Optometry as a first time patient and I was highly impressed with my experience. Dr. Tepperman is a patient, thorough, and meticulous Doctor who pays attention to details and spends quality time with each patient. His staff were extremely warm and friendly and were very inviting. I'd highly recommend Dr. Tepperman. I was shocked to read the harsh reviews after my appointment because they are simply untrue.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016