Dr. Shane Leavitt

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Shane Leavitt

Dr. Leavitt and staff are great!. He listens and explains everything. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

I'm an Orthopedic nurse that has a unique perspective in choosing my healthcare team. I work with many gifted surgeons; in particular, Orthopedic surgeons. I saw how these surgeons did their work, how they cared for patients with bone surgery; how they looked after their patient with pain control and postoperatively. It was no surprise that when I hurt my knee exercising, I not only chose WWMG, but in particular; Dr. Shane Leavitt and Peter Frey PAC. They are expert surgeons, caring, diligent, and cared for my pain. The pain component was huge for me. I haven't been on the "other side of the bed" in over 50 years. The compassion and skill he showed me was so reassuring! As a medical professional, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Shane Leavitt and Western Washington Medical Group for your Orthopedic needs.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. Leavitt is a gifted surgeon who diagnosed and explained my torn rotator cuff/bicep tendon procedure exceptionally well. My surgery and recovery was exactly how they explained it would be, I know have full function and mobility pain free and I am back at full capacity at my job sooner than I expected. I would highly recommend Dr. Leavitt and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Dr. Leavitt is a caring and very experienced doctor. I felt very confident of his ability to do my total knee replacement and I was not disappointed. Also when you meet Peter Fry,(I call him Dr. Leavitt's side kick) you will feel like you have a winning team on your side. Thank you!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Leavitt and his entire staff were professional and considerate of my situation. I have already recommended him to all of my friends and family that could see him for any of their needs. He has help me to correct those issues that I have been dealing with for the better part of 27 years.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Who cares if hes personable, do you want to have tea with him or would you like a great surgeon ? I have had two surgeries with no complications and full recovery. excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Came to see Dr. Leavitt after re-injuring my knee after previously having acl surgery from another doctor 6 years ago. I wanted to see the severity of my injury to avoid returning to sports prematurely. The staff was great and had an xray for dr. Leavitt to review. I was told it was nothing serious and it had to do with the hamstring graft that was used from my previous acl reconstruction. I felt I was rushed out and he didn't go into any details regarding my injury and recovery protocol since I still felt some pain. I was just told I could go back to my regular activities as long as there was no pain. I am considering a second opinion with another dr. who would be more willng to go over all of my concerns and further explain my recent injury rather than rush me out. He was not very personable.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Leavitt took out my bone spurs and arthritis. Within two weeks I developed a frozen shoulder (one of the most painful things I ever endured) and he said I would have symptoms for 1 to 3 years. The next visit he acted really weird and was asking me If I was ready to go to work? I thought he was crazy! I couldn't even hold up my coffee cup. I didn't understand why he acted like this. The next visit I asked him about my frozen shoulder and he said "you don't have a frozen shoulder" why would you think that? He told me that is what I had and then gave me a cortisone shot. I definitely had it went to therapy. It's been almost 2 years and still have problems with it and still a little frozen.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

After a brief experience with Dr. Leavitt, I would prefer an orthopaedic physician with more experience. I had a horrible experience as an outpatient for knee arthroscopy and feel that the post op nurses rushed me and ultimately I bleed out and had to return to a local ER hospital for ER room care. I felt that Dr. Leavitt didn't really care enough about my surgery, and my post-op care.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Good at explaining the issues. staff is very helpful too. I am still recovering from surgery but confident in Dr Leavitt's abilities

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013