Ratings for Dr. Lewis Pullmer

He is a great listner. You feel like your just having a conversation but later you know he has given your mind a healthy work out. I learned how to use wellness as a tool. Great guy

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

He takes 4-6 sessions to assess ADHD so he can bill MSP at least four times. Its a money thing. This guy reminds me of the stereotypical prison shrink you would see on tv. Absolutely terrible at psychotherapy. Cold, impersonal, aloof, and unfriendly demeanor.uncompassionate. Does not give you a sense of comfort while speaking to him. And he is a CLOCK watcher. Always looks at the clock on the wall in his office. Long awkward silence while talking to him. Very poor interpersonal skills and communicator. Constantly off topic and asks irrelevant questions. You are better off talking to your friends to solve crisis than this guy..

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

He's very cold and asks too many stupid questions which aren't relevant to the purpose of my visit. He only cares of rules and doesn't treat you like a person. He makes you feel as if you are a patient not a person. I can't really explain this more explicitly. He often talks about intimate things when you're actually going to see him for anxiety and probes deeply and asks really intrusive and offensive questions which I don't want to answer. He sustains his boundaries but he doesn't let you have boundaries about what you do or don't want to talk about. I don't like it because it isn't professional. He wasn't able to help me successfully. I got help from friends' parents and other people. This goes to show that some doctors are useless and aren't fit to be doctors.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

So I waited about 7-10 months for an appointment for A.D.H.D. which, in retrospect is the waiting time for an adult with ADHD. He is EXTREMELY creepy, his office is in Kitsilano, kind of an odd place to get to. He has a receptionist who sometimes isn't there, so it's just you and him. And he talks SO SLOWLY. He goes into so much personal details about your family life, childhood, work life, and romantic life. He told me that A.D.H.D. is usually discovered in children and that it is unusual for them to found in adults later in life. But it is usually easier to diagnose boys than girls, because boys are more likely to have the hyperactive type, and girls the inattentive type. He wanted to take 4-6 appointments to diagnose ADHD, but his appointments were completely MONOTONOUS. I mean who with ADHD or ADD has the actual attention span for 4-6 appointments? And who with ADHD would even consistently go to those appointments?! Hopefully he helped others, but he did not help me. So anyway, I ended up going to a youth clinic to get diagnosed (24 and under) and I got an appointment within a month.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

BEWARE....this person is a twisted abuser. He is a pervert who tries to fish for personal information and tries to make abusive and hurtful remarks. He also uses various cheap psychological tactics to cause his patients distress. It seems to arouse him or something. He also asks a lot of strange sexual questions about your family (intercourse between you and your siblings, parents etc.) Unfortunately he is a member of the UBC faculty and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC and the Health Professions Review Board protect him from formal complaints and disciplinary actions.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

I agree with all the comments everybody has made here. I suffered from depression and anxiety and got worse not better until I had a nervous breakdown and had to be referred to someone else. He asks a lot of stupid and irrelevant questions and is particularly interested in people's sexuality. I went to see him for anxiety and he he asked me to talk about my sexual dreams or some such rubbish. I didn't appreciate it. I find that offensive. Some of his questions are intrusive and personal and he demands anwers. It makes a person with low self-esteem feel more vulnerable and more powerless. His interpersonal skills aren't the greatest and you feel as if you are a patient when you see him, not a person. He talks like a robot and you feel like a wall, not a person.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I read some of the negative comments on here and tried to keep an open mind when I was referred to Dr. Pullmer. I do agree that he lacks compassion and he is not easy to talk to. His sarcastic and facetious comments and tone are annoying. There is absolutely no structure to his sessions and he often focuses on irrevelant topics. The only good thing about him is that he is very knowable about the meds. When it comes to talk therapy, it is a waste of time. Totally lacking in counselling and coaching skills. Oh yeah, there is only a 6 week wait list to see him.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I've been patient of Dr Pullmer for more than a year now and he has been amazingly helpful. He patiently listen and spends considerable amount of time to offer a medication that suits my own condition. I truly value his words and advices.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Hard to believe he has any designation in this field, unsure how or why anyone would be referred to him. Very distached, unprepared, unfriendly incompassionate etc. after several meetings I was continually repeating information provided in previous meetings, phone not turned off & continuously rang very disruptive, focus on irrelevant issues, no name on office? Moves frequently? No office staff? No format to meetings...on & on. Simply no value for time spent.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Very unpleasant man. Detached and completely unsuited for this profession.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012