Ratings for Dr. Lewis Pullmer

I agree with all the comments everybody has made here. I suffered from depression and anxiety and got worse not better until I had a nervous breakdown and had to be referred to someone else. He asks a lot of stupid and irrelevant questions and is particularly interested in people's sexuality. I went to see him for anxiety and he he asked me to talk about my sexual dreams or some such rubbish. I didn't appreciate it. I find that offensive. Some of his questions are intrusive and personal and he demands anwers. It makes a person with low self-esteem feel more vulnerable and more powerless. His interpersonal skills aren't the greatest and you feel as if you are a patient when you see him, not a person. He talks like a robot and you feel like a wall, not a person.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I read some of the negative comments on here and tried to keep an open mind when I was referred to Dr. Pullmer. I do agree that he lacks compassion and he is not easy to talk to. His sarcastic and facetious comments and tone are annoying. There is absolutely no structure to his sessions and he often focuses on irrevelant topics. The only good thing about him is that he is very knowable about the meds. When it comes to talk therapy, it is a waste of time. Totally lacking in counselling and coaching skills. Oh yeah, there is only a 6 week wait list to see him.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2016

I've been patient of Dr Pullmer for more than a year now and he has been amazingly helpful. He patiently listen and spends considerable amount of time to offer a medication that suits my own condition. I truly value his words and advices.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

Hard to believe he has any designation in this field, unsure how or why anyone would be referred to him. Very distached, unprepared, unfriendly incompassionate etc. after several meetings I was continually repeating information provided in previous meetings, phone not turned off & continuously rang very disruptive, focus on irrelevant issues, no name on office? Moves frequently? No office staff? No format to meetings...on & on. Simply no value for time spent.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2013

Very unpleasant man. Detached and completely unsuited for this profession.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

My condition worsened for years while under his care and all he did was throw more meds at me that failed to solve the issue and only created more problems due to side effects. Make sure you are knowledgeable if you see him. He doesn't listen to his clients. There is a reason why I am no longer his client. But, if you need a psychiatrist you can probably get in to see him. Lets just say I doubt there is a wait list to get in to see this guy.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2010

I find this doctor very helpful. He does not search for easy, quick, solutions he is more prone to look deeper into the soul of the patient. For two years he simply changed my life for better with his advices and guidance, and I am really grateful to him for that.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2010

Did not address concerns and was unpleasant to deal with and difficult to talk with. A stereotypically bad "shrink".

flag | Submitted November 22, 2009