Ratings for Dr. Hillel David Eisen

When my family doc left the practice, I moved to his roster late last year. He never reviews the reason the patient is there, when it is clearly displayed on his computer screen. He prescribed me an antibiotic from an ancient, dog-eared quick-reference guide. This didn't fill me with confidence, nor did a rather slovenly appearance. Today was the last straw. Having been off work for 6 weeks with an un-diagnosed condition and seeing various specialists, I needed to see my family doctor to fill out some forms for my employer. I waited for 1hr 45 mins past the appointment time. He had no idea why I was there, and hadn't reviewed the file (granted it arrived late due to a mix up with another doctor with a similar name), and refused to go any further. Thankfully, my employer was very understanding when I notified them of the problem. He treated me like it was the first time he'd ever seen me, not even referencing back to the previous month when I'd been in to review the first set of tests from the ER, and ask about how my symptoms had been. He was extremely condescending throughout. Whilst I may not be an MD, I am a recognized professional and leader in my field of expertise. Doctors should not treat their patients like small, stupid children.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

I had an amazing experience with Dr. Eisen. I saw him for some chronic breathing problems I've had for years, and he was the first doctor who took them seriously, and referred me to a specialist where I was able to get a diagnosis. He is patient and an excellent listener. I am used to feeling stress with medical appointments, because the doctor is often rushed and sometimes it seems like they don't listen. This is the first doctor I've seen in years where I feel like the doctor talks to me like I'm an adult, and the appointment feels like a conversation instead of a lecture.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

I went to see Dr Eisen for a burn on the inside of my lips. He prescribed a medication which has not been available for months which I found out once I got to my pharmacy. He pharmacy immediately faxed a request for an alternate prescription as I was in a tremendous amount of pain. Dr Eisen took 24hrs to respond only after I called the clinic to find out what was happening. I then returned to the pharmacy only to find out that what he had prescribed me was a topical steroid and is extremely toxic if ingested! Had I not had a conversation with pharmacist I would have trusted the prescription and been in a serious conditions!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

He only sees women because he's been accused of engaging in sexual impropriety with Patient A by, among other things, massaging Patient A and touching Patient A’s genitals inappropriately and/or sexually.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Refuses to see women. Recently started treating women as long as there is always another female practice monitor in the same room.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Has anyone had any issues with him only seeing male patients? Has he ever seen females? Working in a clinic where he is demanding to only see males.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

on my last appointment, I get a call an hour before the time (while im on my way from Markham, I was already on my way since an hour, it takes 2 hours by TTC) I was told "he has an appointment now and then its you (after like 2 hours of gap it was me) so if you don't show up on time, it is too long that he is waiting"--I don't understand how him not having any appointment all afternoon is my fault -- With the weather conditions, there were delays and jams on the way and I reached 10mins late...when I reached their office after being on the road for 2 hour I was asked to re schedule.. JUST coz I was 10 mins late. when I tried to negotiate I was told he has a meeting that he is late for. So, if I had gone on time, he would have seen me for 10 mins and then left? How about all those times that I reached early and on time and was made to wait 30 mins to see him?? I can not believe this kind of customer service! the office was literally shut on my face.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

I have watched Dr. Eisen push patients through his acne clinic as fast as he possibly can. I took my child to him for 1 1/2 years and saw no results with acne improvement. When I questioned the fact that he wanted to continue to see my child on a very frequent basis and not try anything new, he threw a tantrum and told me if I wanted to see someone who doesn't give a darn or follow up, I should go see a dermatologist. He then referred us to a dermatologist and said "good luck." I truly believe him to be a quack. Seeing him has been a complete waste of money as he charges $30 in addition to billing our health care system.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012