Ratings for Dr. Douglas Wolf

I suggest you go to another group! I waited 2 months for an appointment. He cancelled 2 days before the appointment. This has happened TWICE!!!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

I have been through 7 GI doctors including those at the mayo clinic. Early on i had a doctor tell me my condition was over his head suggested and i see douglas wolf. Well a trip to the mayo clinic and three doctors later after I was told to have my colon removed. I made an appointment with a surgeon , and an appointment with Dr. Wolf. Two years later I still have my colon and my GI system is totally normal in every way. He is by far the best GI doctor in the country. He initially prescribed one medication that no other doctor tried, which worked wonders on my inflammation. He is eccentric and wont hold your hand, but he is the best. My story is complicated. If you want more info email me rickfouts@gmail.com

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

I will keep this review short but accurate. The doctor himself is very competent. However, the front office is unorganized and chaotic. I had a colonoscopy in August, showing severe inflammation form my Crohn's. When did Wolf's office get the medication for the first infusion? Four months later, in December. So I suffered with active Crohn's needlessly for months. I believe this office wants the money from the colonscopy, but they don't care about patients.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Doctor Wolf calls personally with lab results, and sometimes even when he needs to change an appointment. He always listens to what I have to say and discusses treatment options with me in detail until I am happy. When I get sick, he sees me immediately, without a wait. When I get sick, he gets me well, always. He is respectful and kind and he never dismisses anything I do or say. For these reasons, when I am having a well-check, I am prepared to put up the very long wait that frequently occurs. I know its because he is giving all his patients the same treatment he gives me. He is very involved in research and new drugs for treatment and passes his expertise to patients. I highly recommend him. He is by far the best doctor I have ever had and I have had many.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Very knowledgeable, however absolutely NO bedside manner. Far more interested in research studies and drugs, etc . than in patients. Wait was horrible, in terrible pain from a drug he prescribed, and he could not have cared less. Didn't even remember who I was or anything about me on third visit. If you don't want to be treated with disdain, as if you are an interference, RUN away!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Extremely knowledgeable and current, speciality is inflammatory bowel diseases, does most IBD GI procedures, sees patients, teaches, consults, heads AGA Research Center mainly for IBD-related clinical trials. Staff very nice, waits reasonable. A busy doc, sometimes need to wait. He gets results. ...few warm fuzzies.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

Extremely knowledgeable and up to date, especially for IBD. Cordial and instructive, seems fairly compassionate and honest.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2009

Dr. Douglas Wolf's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Affinity Insurance Services
Emblem Health
Fidelis Care
GHI
Magnacare
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
UnitedHealthcare