Ratings for Dr. George Vilos

I had Dr Vilos do my tubal ligation reversal. I was very happy with everything from start to finish. It's only been a few days but looking forward to see what the future holds! He said if I was pregnant in 6 months to come back and see him. Very nice man!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2017

Dr.G.Vilos did my tubel reversal Oct 20, 2016. I am cuently around 2 weeks pregnant! Thanks doc

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

My quality of life has been restored thanks to this man and his research. Forever indebted and grateful

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I have had two surgeries with Dr Vilos. Compared with other gynaecologists I have seen I found he listened to my concerns and always explain all my options. I have found his administrative assistant to be helpful and the resident to be knowledgeable and compassionate. Both times my care and recovery were exceptional and I am glad for the referral to Dr Vilos.

Submitted August 15, 2016

I found Dr. Vilos to be very knowledgeable and had patiences with me as I asked many questions on my upcoming procedure. I was very nervous the day of my surgery about everything and he made me feel like I was in great hands with him and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Terrible. He told me several times I was getting a laparoscopic surgery, described a laparoscopic surgery and then when I went for my consultation before my surgery, it said Laparotomy. He described it as a laparoscopic variation as two small incisions, rather than three, and one would be larger because he needed more elbow room. It was one large incision. He apparently doesn't do laparoscopic surgeries but uses them as an analogy for laparotomies. He laughed at me when I annoyed that he had given me the wrong information for months. It's apparently 'just an incision' and I was apparently overreacting. Laparoscopic procedures typically have shorter recovery times than a Laparotomy or a mini-laparotomy. He told me I'd be out that day, but then changed it the day of to tell me I'd be out in two or three days. It was impossible for me to book time off work because I had been told it was a day procedure for months. I had been waiting 8 months, I was in constant pain which he refused to believe me. He talked over me and told me I should trust him. When I'd talk, he say 'trust me, trust me, trust me'. He refused to listen to my concerns about medical options. He giggled when I mentioned I had sexual pain. He didn't want to hear that I have Von Willebrands. It's also super weird that he works with his son. He lets his fellows and residents do a lot of for work him. So Half time time the fellow will tell you one thing, and he'll tell you another. Vilos told me it was laparoscopic, whether he changed it to a Laparotomy so one of his students or his son could perform the surgery, I don't know. It's my body, I had a right to be informed about which surgery I was getting. There was no way I could give informed consent, because I constantly given the wrong information.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Dr. Vilos is an excellent doctor. People keep saying he has a terrible bed side manner or he is curt but I find him very pleasant and he has a great personality. Wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

Dr. Vilos? Who is that? Oh ya, the doctor that I have never met because every time I go his office I see a different resident. I had an IUD interested in the office over a year ago and was neglected to be informed that I should not have unprotected intercourse for a period of time after it is was interested as it takes time to take effect. I asked the nursing staff over and over if there was anything important I needed to know and was continuously told no. Tow days after having the IUD interested I went back to the office as I had experienced extreme pain in the middle of the night. Another resident I have not met before saw me and did an ultrasound to be sure it was still in place. This resident told me that I should not be having unprotected intercourse given there would still be a change of pregnancy for the first week. I told him that I was not informed of this when the IUD was put in. I then went back a few months later to have a "check up" and again saw another resident. All they did was ask me 3 questions and did not actually conduct a physical examination. I have found my experience with Dr. Vilos rather unpleasant and would not recommend him to anyone. During one visit to his office when I actually did see him for a matter of 2 minutes I found him to be extremely rude and he neglected compassion terribly. Horrible bedside manner.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr Vilos did my tubal ligation reversal. I was very happy with the thoroughness before my surgery. I started trying to conceive one month after surgery, and was pregnant that month. So obviously I'm happy with his surgery skill! Recommend him for this 100%!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

Informative, straight to the point and very knowledgeable. I trust him completely because of his vast experience and expertise. I have seen Dr. Vilos for 2 separate concerns and he has been prompt at finding the best solutions for my needs.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015