Ratings for Dr. Thadis C. Cox

Saw him for a colonoscopy. About 10 days later, I passed several black, bloody stools. When I went back to him, he suggested that it might have been something I ate. When I questioned him he blamed it on my history of anxiety, with a smirk.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

From my personal experience Dr. Cox is a very attentive, and thorough gastroenterologist. He has listened to everything I have had to say regarding health issues and has taken it into consideration when planning my healthcare. As far as sugery goes he performed an endoscopy and it went off without a glitch! Any concerns I have had regarding my well being he had taken very serious. He actually returned my call himself instead of having a nurse do it. This was such a pleasant surprise because I felt as though my problems were truly being adressed. All in all I think he is a great doctor.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

Performed a colonoscopy on my healthy 63yr old mother Dec 09 as routine appt.36 hours later,admitted to ER with severe perforation,spilling toxic waste into her stomach.In ICU 5 days w/breathing tube and colostomy bag.One mth later,she was admitted w/complications resulting in kidney failure.1yr later, she is preparing for 3rd surgery to repair hernias on/near the incision sites.In the 4 years of being certified for this,his failure rate is far higher than ntnl avg of drs with entire careers behind them.One former patient was bleeding profusely from the rectum only 2 hours later;her family called,he said to give her a tylenol and put her to bed.They went ahead to ER, where her heart stopped 3 times before rushed into surgery.I have spoken w/many people who relate near identical versions of our experience.He has only been in our town for 1 yr!History of employment has him moving from town to town,never in 1 place longer than a year.BEWARE!A medical degree does not a good doctor make.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

Was very knowledgeable about the digestive system and the way it moves through the body. He knew what done what and what would go were.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2009

Dr. Thadis C. Cox's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 2007)

Top Hospitals in Morehead, KY