Ratings for Dr. Cynthia Baxter

I love Dr. Baxter wish I could have her back but understand she is busy etc. Lol. She really helped me through about seven years of knowing her. She is honest so loving and a beautiful human being. I could not be honest with myself at the time and look back and thank her for everything. She is number one in Calgary I think.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

I have been attending the CBT course, and the subsequent support group, for some time. I really enjoy Dr. Baxter. She is straight forward, but I appreciate that. There are times when the best thing you can do for someone is to call them on their behaviour, so I accept that as being in my best interest. I am often in awe of her ability to analyze something and contribute to our discussion. She has a good sense of humour and is able to laugh at herself. Her class is run very well. Always begins and ends on time.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I saw her for a few months in 2015 and she was my first psychiatrist. She had time to see me even though she didn't usually accept patients like me. I found her highly-intelligent, straight-forward, and humorous. As an 18 year old at the time, she made me feel more accountable for myself and went out of her way a few times for me just to ease my mind about certain things which I still think about now and appreciate so much. Definitely a unique doctor and I noticed it very quickly. I'm in treatment at the Foothills Hospital right now and the other therapists and doctors speak highly of her and admire her style.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I feel very betrayed and violated by Dr.Baxter. I would advice everyone to avoid this doctor. Very bad docter and a horrible human being. She has zero compassion and concern for her patients.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
I am truly sorry this was your experience with me. Sometimes patients come expecting me to endorse a specific diagnosis or give a specific prescription and then are terribly disappointed if I have a different diagnosis or treatment suggestion. Given the nature of my work, I often have to give an opinion in a medicolegal matter, which inevitably makes one side or the other unhappy with me. I try to adhere to high standards around integrity, respect, and clinical practice guidelines, based on the evidence before me. Like all of us, I try my best. I'm sorry you felt that I wasn't compassionate in your case and I wish you the best in the future. Kind regards, Dr Baxter (PS - I am very surprised that you gave me a 1 for punctuality - I take great pride in seeing my patients at their appointment time and very rarely am late. In an emergency, I always try to notify the patient in advance if I am late or come out to the waiting room and personally explain the reason why I am running late. I respect that patients' time is just as valuable as mine and would not be happy with keeping people waiting.

Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. Baxter is able to cut to the chase quicker, and likely more reliably, than anyone I have ever met. Yes she can be a bit blunt, but I like that she doesn't tip toe around things. She also has a good sense of humour, and is just as quick to admit her own faults, so it's all good. Her CBT classes are really informative and you receive plenty of notes for future reference.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
Thank you for your positive feedback! Doctors are human with our faults just like everyone else, so I find it helpful to laugh at myself :)

Submitted January 13, 2017

Avoid at all cost. She is patronizing and aggressive. Rather than explaining the treatment she just got frustrated. No patience. No people skills. Just avoid.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
I am shocked to read this and truly have no explanation for your experience with me, I can only guess that perhaps I was feeling unwell that day? If you feel comfortable doing so, please email me directly as I would like to apologize and perhaps try to answer your questions in a more satisfactory answer. I do hope that you have been able to see another doctor in the meantime and have a better experience. My apologies and best wishes to you going forward. Kind regards, Dr. Baxter

Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr Baxter is fantastic. She is real, and honest - and after multiple diagnoses from Calgary Psychiatrists - I feel like I am finally on the right path to mental wellness. She isn't afraid to call situations as she sees them. She has included my family in our sessions. She is flexible, and responds to email almost immediately. I find her to be the exact right balance of warmth and clinical professional. I feel lucky to be her patient.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
Thank you so much!! I believe that it is a privilege to be able to help take care of my patients and an honour to be trusted. Different psychiatrists have different styles, so we don't always fit for every patient, but I'm glad that I was a good fit for you :) Best wishes, Dr. Baxter

Submitted January 13, 2017

I've seen Dr. Baxter for a few years now and she has been very helpful to me. She is compassionate and I dont know what how I would have got through the last few years without her. Her new office is super nice too and free parking.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

She is okay but I personally believe that she is suffering for a psychiatric illness herself. She is aggressive and irritable. She is also very paternalistic, probably due to a career in forensic psychiatry. I am not a criminal and I don't need her telling me what to do without explaining why. If you need a lot of guidance then sure she should be fine but for a person with a brain that asks questions and wants to work as a team she was just horrible. I was referred to a different psychiatrist and felt better with in two month. She doesn't listen and she kept suggesting I quit my job, which I love, because she thought it was the main source of stress. I still work in the same place years later and am so glad I didn't listen to her!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
I believe all patients deserve respect, whether they have a criminal history or not, so I am very sorry that your experience with me was so terrible. I clearly didn't get it right with you, so my apologies. Most importantly, I am glad you were able to find another doctor who was much more helpful for you. Kind regards, Dr. Baxter

Submitted January 13, 2017

Understanding, compassionate, with a mix of making you accountable instead of just being a victim.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients