Ratings for Dr. Cynthia Baxter

I feel very betrayed and violated by Dr.Baxter. I would advice everyone to avoid this doctor. Very bad docter and a horrible human being. She has zero compassion and concern for her patients.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
I am truly sorry this was your experience with me. Sometimes patients come expecting me to endorse a specific diagnosis or give a specific prescription and then are terribly disappointed if I have a different diagnosis or treatment suggestion. Given the nature of my work, I often have to give an opinion in a medicolegal matter, which inevitably makes one side or the other unhappy with me. I try to adhere to high standards around integrity, respect, and clinical practice guidelines, based on the evidence before me. Like all of us, I try my best. I'm sorry you felt that I wasn't compassionate in your case and I wish you the best in the future. Kind regards, Dr Baxter (PS - I am very surprised that you gave me a 1 for punctuality - I take great pride in seeing my patients at their appointment time and very rarely am late. In an emergency, I always try to notify the patient in advance if I am late or come out to the waiting room and personally explain the reason why I am running late. I respect that patients' time is just as valuable as mine and would not be happy with keeping people waiting.

Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. Baxter is able to cut to the chase quicker, and likely more reliably, than anyone I have ever met. Yes she can be a bit blunt, but I like that she doesn't tip toe around things. She also has a good sense of humour, and is just as quick to admit her own faults, so it's all good. Her CBT classes are really informative and you receive plenty of notes for future reference.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
Thank you for your positive feedback! Doctors are human with our faults just like everyone else, so I find it helpful to laugh at myself :)

Submitted January 13, 2017

Avoid at all cost. She is patronizing and aggressive. Rather than explaining the treatment she just got frustrated. No patience. No people skills. Just avoid.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
I am shocked to read this and truly have no explanation for your experience with me, I can only guess that perhaps I was feeling unwell that day? If you feel comfortable doing so, please email me directly as I would like to apologize and perhaps try to answer your questions in a more satisfactory answer. I do hope that you have been able to see another doctor in the meantime and have a better experience. My apologies and best wishes to you going forward. Kind regards, Dr. Baxter

Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr Baxter is fantastic. She is real, and honest - and after multiple diagnoses from Calgary Psychiatrists - I feel like I am finally on the right path to mental wellness. She isn't afraid to call situations as she sees them. She has included my family in our sessions. She is flexible, and responds to email almost immediately. I find her to be the exact right balance of warmth and clinical professional. I feel lucky to be her patient.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
Thank you so much!! I believe that it is a privilege to be able to help take care of my patients and an honour to be trusted. Different psychiatrists have different styles, so we don't always fit for every patient, but I'm glad that I was a good fit for you :) Best wishes, Dr. Baxter

Submitted January 13, 2017

I've seen Dr. Baxter for a few years now and she has been very helpful to me. She is compassionate and I dont know what how I would have got through the last few years without her. Her new office is super nice too and free parking.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

She is okay but I personally believe that she is suffering for a psychiatric illness herself. She is aggressive and irritable. She is also very paternalistic, probably due to a career in forensic psychiatry. I am not a criminal and I don't need her telling me what to do without explaining why. If you need a lot of guidance then sure she should be fine but for a person with a brain that asks questions and wants to work as a team she was just horrible. I was referred to a different psychiatrist and felt better with in two month. She doesn't listen and she kept suggesting I quit my job, which I love, because she thought it was the main source of stress. I still work in the same place years later and am so glad I didn't listen to her!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
I believe all patients deserve respect, whether they have a criminal history or not, so I am very sorry that your experience with me was so terrible. I clearly didn't get it right with you, so my apologies. Most importantly, I am glad you were able to find another doctor who was much more helpful for you. Kind regards, Dr. Baxter

Submitted January 13, 2017

Understanding, compassionate, with a mix of making you accountable instead of just being a victim.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Baxter is extremely warm, empathetic, takes her time listening to your concerns, is easy to understand and has helped me figure out how to balance medications vs. psychological/CBT support. I will always be appreciative to her for understanding me. I have also attended her CBT group, and it has given me so many tools to use in my daily life. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
I'm very grateful for this feedback, thank you. I have the greatest job in the world because I get to help people in this way and I truly love working with my patients. I hope you continue to do well :) Best wishes! Dr. B

Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr Baxter is polite, knowledgeable and very professional! She is also very relaxed and informative and runs the best group I have ever attended!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
Thanks very much :) My style isn't for everyone, but I am very glad that it was helpful for you!

Submitted January 13, 2017

Dr. Baxter is absolutely the best psychiatrist in the world. I came to Dr. Baxter with a severe PTSD(ipv) and in three months I became a different person. I feel so much better now. Every time I see Dr. Baxter I have a substantial improvement. I am and always will be grateful to her.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's response
Gratitude goes both ways. Thank you for trusting me in your care. Kind regards, Dr. Baxter

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's Credentials