You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Cynthia Baxter

Dr Baxter is fantastic. She is real, and honest - and after multiple diagnoses from Calgary Psychiatrists - I feel like I am finally on the right path to mental wellness. She isn't afraid to call situations as she sees them. She has included my family in our sessions. She is flexible, and responds to email almost immediately. I find her to be the exact right balance of warmth and clinical professional. I feel lucky to be her patient.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

I've seen Dr. Baxter for a few years now and she has been very helpful to me. She is compassionate and I dont know what how I would have got through the last few years without her. Her new office is super nice too and free parking.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

She is okay but I personally believe that she is suffering for a psychiatric illness herself. She is aggressive and irritable. She is also very paternalistic, probably due to a career in forensic psychiatry. I am not a criminal and I don't need her telling me what to do without explaining why. If you need a lot of guidance then sure she should be fine but for a person with a brain that asks questions and wants to work as a team she was just horrible. I was referred to a different psychiatrist and felt better with in two month. She doesn't listen and she kept suggesting I quit my job, which I love, because she thought it was the main source of stress. I still work in the same place years later and am so glad I didn't listen to her!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Baxter is extremely warm, empathetic, takes her time listening to your concerns, is easy to understand and has helped me figure out how to balance medications vs. psychological/CBT support. I will always be appreciative to her for understanding me. I have also attended her CBT group, and it has given me so many tools to use in my daily life. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr Baxter is polite, knowledgeable and very professional! She is also very relaxed and informative and runs the best group I have ever attended!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. Baxter is absolutely the best psychiatrist in the world. I came to Dr. Baxter with a severe PTSD(ipv) and in three months I became a different person. I feel so much better now. Every time I see Dr. Baxter I have a substantial improvement. I am and always will be grateful to her.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

Outstanding Doctor - willing to call it as she see's it and isnt afraid to give you the truth about what you need to 'fix' the problem. Those who are afraid to gain real insight consider yourself warned!!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

best dr ive meet period hands-down!!! in any field she is direct and to the point-no holds barred

flag | Submitted February 18, 2013

I saw this doctor when she was still a resident. She told me that I might just have to accept my depression and live with it as it may never go away. I subsequently saw another psychiatrist who was quickly able to understand me, changed my medications and I felt better within a couple of months.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2012

Dr. Cynthia Baxter's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Baxter is fantastic. She is real, and honest - and after multiple diagnoses from Calgary Psychiatrists - I feel like I am finally on the right path to mental..."

April 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've seen Dr. Baxter for a few years now and she has been very helpful to me. She is compassionate and I dont know what how I would have got through the last fe..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "She is okay but I personally believe that she is suffering for a psychiatric illness herself. She is aggressive and irritable. She is also very paternalistic, p..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Understanding, compassionate, with a mix of making you accountable instead of just being a victim."

April 22, 2015