Ratings for Dr. Cynthia Baxter

I feel very betrayed and violated by Dr.Baxter. I would advice everyone to avoid this doctor. Very bad docter and a horrible human being. She has zero compassion and concern for her patients.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

Dr. Baxter is able to cut to the chase quicker, and likely more reliably, than anyone I have ever met. Yes she can be a bit blunt, but I like that she doesn't tip toe around things. She also has a good sense of humour, and is just as quick to admit her own faults, so it's all good. Her CBT classes are really informative and you receive plenty of notes for future reference.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2016

Avoid at all cost. She is patronizing and aggressive. Rather than explaining the treatment she just got frustrated. No patience. No people skills. Just avoid.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr Baxter is fantastic. She is real, and honest - and after multiple diagnoses from Calgary Psychiatrists - I feel like I am finally on the right path to mental wellness. She isn't afraid to call situations as she sees them. She has included my family in our sessions. She is flexible, and responds to email almost immediately. I find her to be the exact right balance of warmth and clinical professional. I feel lucky to be her patient.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

I've seen Dr. Baxter for a few years now and she has been very helpful to me. She is compassionate and I dont know what how I would have got through the last few years without her. Her new office is super nice too and free parking.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

She is okay but I personally believe that she is suffering for a psychiatric illness herself. She is aggressive and irritable. She is also very paternalistic, probably due to a career in forensic psychiatry. I am not a criminal and I don't need her telling me what to do without explaining why. If you need a lot of guidance then sure she should be fine but for a person with a brain that asks questions and wants to work as a team she was just horrible. I was referred to a different psychiatrist and felt better with in two month. She doesn't listen and she kept suggesting I quit my job, which I love, because she thought it was the main source of stress. I still work in the same place years later and am so glad I didn't listen to her!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Understanding, compassionate, with a mix of making you accountable instead of just being a victim.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Baxter is extremely warm, empathetic, takes her time listening to your concerns, is easy to understand and has helped me figure out how to balance medications vs. psychological/CBT support. I will always be appreciative to her for understanding me. I have also attended her CBT group, and it has given me so many tools to use in my daily life. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr Baxter is polite, knowledgeable and very professional! She is also very relaxed and informative and runs the best group I have ever attended!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2013

Dr. Baxter is absolutely the best psychiatrist in the world. I came to Dr. Baxter with a severe PTSD(ipv) and in three months I became a different person. I feel so much better now. Every time I see Dr. Baxter I have a substantial improvement. I am and always will be grateful to her.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013