Ratings for Dr. Kiran Julia Cheema

Could not make an appointment with her, for 3 solid months. At that time I had undiagnosed (familial) CD, and had to check into emerg. at the Brampton hospital, and because I waited so long; I required a blood transfusion. Went to see her after all the wonderful medical care I received from HSC, for a follow up and she wasn't even aware of my condition, even though the Dr's at HSC sent the docs to her weekly. Her clinic then charged me $10 for an injection (methotrexate), and I had to explain to them that it's not a vaccine. She then moved her clinic without our families knowledge, so we transferred GPs, but this makes no difference as she was never there. If you have general concerns, then she's fine, but she lacks knowledge in more complex situations.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2016

Always so helpful. Can't find one bad things to say.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Absolutely terrible Doctor and terrible staff. For the love of God. Save yourself the hassle and don't go to her if you don't have to. She rushes you out, could care less about you as a person and her staff will make you feel worse. No follow up, no concern about medical issues or mental health. She starts out very nice and attentive and then as time goes on she just doesn't care. She's smart yes, but she doesn't have an ounce of true compassion or concern in her body. She is just swiping that OHIP like a credit card. That's all you are to her. Money. I have never ever in my life been made to feel like her and her staff have made my family feel. At the worst, hardest time of our lives. I'm so disappointed and can't wait to find someone new. I pray that more people will spend the word and get this message out. A report to the Health Ministry is in order. This "family" practice is solely a money maker and I understand doctors need to make money but don't you get into this field because you care about people and want to help them?

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

always seems to be in a rush and not concerned. I came with a bad cold and wanted paperwork to get a blood test and she said she will only address one issue -didnt call my dad when one of his levels in blood were critically low. He found out after inquiring himself printed my prescription at pharmacy next door. Aren't there privacy laws against this? The pharmacist handed me the prescription only for me to give it to the secretary who took it back to the doctor to get signed....and then brought back out to me. How does this make sense? every time I have visited she does not answer all of my questions and begins walking toward the door to leave. Way to make a patient feel comfortable! I always left feeling more anxious then when I came in due to this. Apparently there have been too many complaints against her and she will be practicing in a diff office somewhere in Mississauga. What a terrible doctor

flag | Submitted May 4, 2013

Great doctor. Always able to see me within a few days which is rare for such a busy clinic.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

She has been my Doc for the last 2 I suppose probably visited her twice.. She has signs up all over her office stating one issue per visit which is pathetic...preety much shows that you dont have the time for your patients... She keeps you waiting forever and then rushes you out in no time of each visit, she doesnt follow up on any appts, you can see that she doesnt really listen to you and her answer to every visit is a prescription instead of really investigating the issue and completing more tests. Dont think she knows what she is doing and you can see she SUCKS and I hope this message gets across to more ppl as she doesnt deserve to keep her practice... One of those Doctors who take up this profession just for the money.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

My husband and I found out that we were pregnant. Since it was the 1st time, we were nervous and scared. Dr. Cheema quickly referred us for an ultrasound and made us feel better with her knowledge and follow-up appointments. I felt more at ease thanks to this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

My family was visiting from out of the country and happened to get sick. Luckily Dr. Cheema and her staff were very helpful and caring with regards to the situation. I have always found her to be very professional and knowledgeable. She is very busy, but in my eyes that is the sign of a good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

I do not reccommend this doctor. She has signs up all over her office stating one issue per visit and makes you visit her again for other issues. One week I had to go three times! she is unbelievable! She rushes you out of each visit, never follows up on tests rushes through appt's, and really doesnt listen to your symptoms, in fact she has misdiagnosed me three times where I have had to rush myself to the emergency for REAL HELP, and her answer to every visit is a prescription instead of really investigating the issue and completing more tests. I have had to ask her to complete tests. I had to mention a specialist name to get her to refer me to a doctor to get further help. She doesnt know what she is doing and you can see she just wants to get the money. Since my last hospital visit I have changed doctors even though she is really close to my home. She SUCKS and I hope this message gets across to more ppl as she doesnt deserve to keep her practice, she is doing more harm then good.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Been a patient of hers for a year or so. Very busy doctor but very helpful and good with kids. Staff is also very kind and nice. Does not force us to take medications which is a relief!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011