Ratings for Dr. Harvinder S. Pabla

WHERE DO I BEGIN!?.....My mother and i have been dealing with this so call ''DOCTOR'' for months now. when i tell you i have been calling, faxing, going into the office for the doctor to fill out a simple form for my disabled mother, yet its been about 5 months if not more and nothing. charged us $140 dollars for a ''consultation'' to fill out the form. after calling and calling i went into the office to speak to him personally because he wanted to charge $140 dollars AGAIN yes AGAIN to fill out the section that HE did not fill out! I've spoken to everyone in the office including the office manager. who himself doesn't know what is going on either! I've been told to call certain days to check on the status of the paperwork and the office has been closed, but today just topped it all off. I left work early to go into the laurel office to have him fill the form out PER DR. PABLA at 12:00pm @ no charge and when i get there the office was CLOSED all locations! apparently people have plenty of time and lets not talk about the money that i have lost leaving work early. its so disappointing that people like this are doctors. What makes me so upset is how people take advantage of people who do not know the language.I have never in my life dealt with a DOCTORS OFFICE like this! it makes me sick! specially because i work with REAL doctors who have consideration for their patients not someone who got their degree at the corner store. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND PUT YOUR HEALTH AT RISK GOING HERE.

Submitted January 3, 2017

Was able to get an appointment the same day, and was seen very promptly. He recommended I get x-rays, which he did in the office. I left very satisfied and will return again in the futue

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Had shoulder pain for nearly a 2 years. Went to Dr. Pabla. Waited 15-20 minutes. Recommended MRI, had tear, had surgery done. Shoulder feels GREAT. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

I found and decided to consult Dr. Pabla based upon my insurance carrier's listings and the seemingly above average online recommendations. My first interaction with Dr. Pabla was for lower back pain as a result of a lumbar puncture procedure. I felt that Dr. Pabla did a good job for that encounter. Based upon the favorable encounter I had with Dr. Pabla for my back pain, I decided to see him again for knee related pain. Now, having been there already once before in the same calendar year, it was established with the office staff that I had already met my maximum out of pocket limit and thus I was not responsible for any direct payments to providers since my insurance pays 100% at that point. When I returned for my second visit, the office staff insisted that I pay them a co-payment before I see the doctor. I explained that it was verified with their office from my prior visit that I had already met my maximum out of pocket and that the insurance pays 100%. Yet they kept insisting that I pay them a co-payment. Their rationale was that my insurance card said co-payments were $30.00 for specialists. Again, I insisted that the patient responsibility is 0% once the maximum out of pocket is met. The staff tried to argue that maximum out of pocket was actually my deductible and that was what I had in fact met—not a maximum out of pocket. It was frustrating to have to wait for them to verify (again) with the insurance company that I had met my maximum out of pocket while other patients were allowed to see the doctor at my appointment time. After the front desk staff FINALLY verified that I had met my max out of pocket, I was brought back to the room and waited for the doctor. He requested that I get an MRI after having the x-rays taken in his office. At the end of the appointment the front desk staff contacted my insurance company to then find out if pre-certification was necessary for the MRI. Since it was taking too long, I asked one of them to contact me by phone after it was settled. No one ever called me, so I called back and spoke with a gentleman who told me that everything was good and they wanted me to go to one of their preferred MRI centers. I verified to make sure it was a covered facility and found out it wasn’t. It seemed as if the gentleman on the phone insisted that I go to the facility he wanted me to go to even after I explained it was out of my insurance network. Upon returning back with the MRI results at a follow up appointment, Dr. Pabla was very rushed and did not clearly articulate his findings to me. I asked him to repeat some questions and he got very frustrated and accused me of having an attitude. He started to mock me and did not even listen to the answers I was giving him since he would start taking over. I found this very unprofessional and rude. He eventually did provide me with a diagnosis of osteonecrosis and said there was no treatment option (which is patently false). I left the office and made it a point to not come back after that experience.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

I am a RN and recently experienced knee pain so I decided to look up Orthopedic doctors. I selected dr. Harvinder based on positive reviews (on another website) and his over 40 years of experience. Of all my encounters with doctors, let me say this man is the WORSE I have visited. My experience was similar to the reviewer from Nov 2009, so it appears not much has changed. I'll list a few reasons why you must consider another doctor: - for a first time visit, I waited over 1hr 10mins to be seen; he waltzed into the exam room with no apology nor explanation for the delay -he did no physical assessment, simply asked my to stand without my shoes and mentioned that I have high arches -he rushed through the questionnaire, barely giving me time to respond before speaking over me to jump to the next question -he stood the whole time (a mere 5 mins), a non verbal indication that he was obviously in a rush to go wherever -he told me to return in a week for x-Ray ( umm why not now if I've already explained the pain has been persisted for weeks) and take anti-inflammatory (which I already noted on the forms I'd been taking for a week). Bottom line, this Dr. lacks professionalism, has poor people skills, is obviously only interested in your payments (hence the recommendation to do an xray next time), and delivers horrible care. Please see him if this is the type of service you expect to receive, otherwise do yourself a favor and research another MD. Needless to say, that was my first and last visit. I hope this review was helpful in making your decision.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

Great Doctor, injured my knee, the doctor did surgery on my knee. now my knee feels great, would highly recommend

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Im so happy to have been recommended Dr. Pabla (orthopedic surgeon) by a work collegue. I was injured on the job (first time ever in my life ) and WOW did i not realize how stressful workers comp insurance is and what i did not know. Dr. Pabla explained everything regards to the system, whom to trust (Lawyer), and whom was strictly out for their bottom line (Insurances). He requested an MRI to be performed.( A typical doctors office you wait 3-4 weeks.) Even though they were busy with many other patients Dr. Pabla's office staff still called me the next business day that it had been approved. You don't get this level of care and respect from any doctors office anymore. GREAT DOCTOR A+++

flag | Submitted February 16, 2013

AWESOME DOCTOR HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Any bobe fractures, sprains, back pain etc. Go to Dr H.S. Pabla MD PC. . Doctor is very knowledgable, staff helpful & respectful, wait time bit longer than usual but that is because so many people trust and respect Dr Pabla .

flag | Submitted May 20, 2012

I am so greatful i was referred to Dr Pabla . because I had torn my meniscus . Dr . explains everything very well , has good bedside manners , and answers all questions. THE BEST .

flag | Submitted February 25, 2012

The best Orthopedic in Maryland. His billing department will also work with you if you need any possible payment plan. His billing deptwaived my copay for Physical Therapy which was a huge help for me. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

flag | Submitted November 28, 2011

Dr. Harvinder S. Pabla's Credentials

• Gov'T Med Coll, Punjabi Univ, Patiala, Punjab, India (Grad. 1972)

Top Hospitals in Laurel, MD