Ratings for Dr. Suma Satya

Wonderful caring compassionate doctor. I have never felt so comfortable with a doctor as I have with her. I delt with for the loss of a pregnancy and two other pregnancies. She delivered my first and was amazing. She gave me a sweep for my second but was on vacation during my labour. She had my file ready with my history and possible conplaction ready for the available doctor. She took away any fears I had of labour. I would highly recommend Dr Satya!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

I met Dr. Satya when it was time to deliver my baby. It was a scary experience as my baby was born a month early by emergency c-section. Dr. Satya was prompt in decision making and I felt confident that she knew what she was doing. Very caring demeanour and made for a positive experience overall.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

Went into get a second opinion, she was very understanding and went over everything. Come down the best option would be surgery. She was very professional and explained everything. She said it wouldnt be a problem when it came down to needing a note for work.When it came down to the month of surgery went in paid for doctors note for work, receptionist said not a problem to do note up it will not take long. Had not heard from them in over 2 weeks went into pick it up still not done a week before surgery. The receptionist played clueless as if she didnt know who I was or that I had already paid for note. I called a few times and they ignored phone calls. Now a few days before surgery still no notes, wont return phone calls. Very poor service and receptionist is not friendly at all.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

I've been to Dr. Satya three times now and she is friendly, knowledgable and listened to all my concerns. She did a good amount of investigating for me (bloodwork, ultrasound). Unfortunately we didn't find out the issue (Doctor thought PCOS) but I am happy with how thorough she was. She was even willing to investigate endometriosis for me. I didnt find the wait any longer than any other specialist I've been to , and this last time it was no more than 5 min! Overall I had a great experience with Dr. Satya and her office.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2018

Never left a comment or rated anyone but after going thru her office felt i had to. Wait was terrible but what was even more terrible i never left her office without crying . There was always something just to turn out being nothing. for example Her nurse listened to me and was all smiles and then left said nothing was wrong then Dr Satya comes in and tells me i have to go to the hospotal because the nurse heard a skip in a heartbeat. Dr never listened to me never double checked her nurse just sends me off immediately and being pregnant you imagine the worse of course at the hospital they were asking WHO send you and why there was nothing wrong and you can clearly hear it! But that didnt stop then i had to submit pee sample and i gave it to the nurse was told to wait for her release she never came i went to ask so she tells me i need to pee again they have to sent my sample to the lab and she asks me do you have trouble peeing? I never did and i know what it is so i told her theres nothong wrong but she insisted i pee and they will call me w results a week passed i had to go to my regular check up and still no-one called me even tho i called and asked the reception to double check on it! So it turns out the nurse couldn't even remeber what was wrong ..?! Like seriously ?! The Dr was all smiles but i didnt get any professionalism from her! At the hospital i needed up having a c section and because she was my Dr she had to release me check my stitches i was told by the nurse that the Dr will come in chexk you and take out your staples and release you the next thing i know he nurse comes in ans wants to take them out when i told her no the dr supposed to come she said she phoned me and told me to do it and release you! Without ever seeing me! I was first time pregnant it was on ots own quite unknown journey and you worry about everything but on top of that to have a Dr who looked like she needed to pay for jer new office with all the fake lab fees and exams and looked like she could care less.!!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Scheduling and wait times are horrible. Plan to wait for 1-2 hrs. Have to admit she does seem knowledgeable -but am worried if she has to deliver my son as I read she broke a newborns arm during delivery. Not sure if I'd ever come back due to all the mismanagement in the office. If that can't go smoothly how can you manage to deliver someone's baby.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

The wait time was always an hour or more. I had sciatica and she basically told me there was nothing that I could do and didn't even ever any ideas on what to do.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I saw Dr. Satya - 2nd time in 2 years having a D&C to remove an endometrium polyp. She said it was benign. Then she said uterine tissue was scanty and said in her opinion it looked benign (upon observation during hysteroscopy). And yet, an ultrasound showed 12mm thick tissue... Pathology report stated tissue was insufficient for assessment. MEANING that there was no diagnosis at all. This was the 2nd polyp in 2 years I had removed. There is a family history of uterine cancer. I approached the possibility of a hysterectomy. She said it was too risky. But if there was a genetic marker for it, it would be done. She never offered to find out if there was a marker... I said but you stated I'm probably just one of those people who is prone to polyp growth. I asked if the polyp was growing in the same place as the last one. She was surprised and obviously didn't think of that, but didn't offer to research it: "Oh I can't look, the files are at the Saint John Regional Hospital". I was concerned about repeated D&C's and general anesthesia, which also bring risks. She was silent and offered nothing. I will never return to her again. My mother, who had uterine cancer, asked for a referral to an ob/gyn oncologist in Moncton. We waited for over three weeks for a referral to be sent - the reply to me and a Patient Representative was that it was "on her desk and Dr. Satya is very busy and it will be sent when she has time. Well finally, it was sent within a couple of hours after I contacted one of the top Executives of Horizon Health directly, who agreed that it should have been sent immediately and contacted the Chief of Staff of Saint John Regional and the Chief of Family Medicine in order to have the referral sent. Her assistant at the hospital, Lorraine, does not want to be helpful at all. This woman cannot be trusted, in my opinion. I will never see her again and will ask to be referred to another specialist.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Bring a book if your going to see her in her office, because the wait can be anywhere from 5 mins to 2 hours. Other than that, I loved Dr.Satay! I never felt rushed during our appointments and she always addressed all my concerns.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Where to start.... well when I first started with Dr satya she was great however that changed. I have had many complications so she wanted me to try the Mirena to save me from having a hysterectomy at a young age.. so I said OK I'll try it.. her words were " I can't not say it will work it is a 50 50 chance but if it does that will bide me 5 years, give me 3 months and It doesn't work I will remove it and we will do a hysterectomy ". Well that was not true.... 11 months later of having a period the whole time, seeing her 3 different times and not once being examined, & putting me on estrogen pills without blood work, I had my family Dr remove the Mirena. Well then it came down to being out of options and needing a partial hysterectomy. She was the one to do the surgery and after speaking with my family Dr he has no doubt that she couldn't do this surgery and do it well. So I signed the papers and she has suggested I try to loose some weight as I am bigger over the next 6 months as the wait list was lengthy. Well I got call to go in within 3 months.. and a month proir to this surgery i had my gallbladder removed which made losing a lot of weight harder. So the day came for surgery, the surgery went well. However her bed side manner on the other hand is a absolutely horrible. She did not go out after surgery to let my mother ( a worried mother ) know all had gone well. And the day after my surgery she walked into my hospital room and asked how I was feeling.. I said " I'm OK just tired and sore". Well her response was " yeah well I'm tired and sore too because your surgery took all my energy cus u are too big and u have to loose weight, oh and u had a bulky uterus and lost a litre and a half of blood during surgery, I'll see u tomorrow ".....and she didn't not check my incision. excuse me I don't think so.... she made me feel like it was all my fault and she stood there an belittled me. Then just walks out.. you know what yes im bigger but that does not give her the right to make this all my fault, I am here patient and it shouldn't have been made about her. let just say by that night i had spoke to a head nurse who spoke to the Dr about it and her response was well I was just being honest.. well I was soon given a new gyno and didn't not see Dr satya again. This all just happen 5 weeks ago, Now had she taken the time to talk to me she would have known that between the 30 days of having my gallbladder out and the partial hysterectomy she did, I had lost 10 pounds.. but she didn't know that cus she didn't take the time.. all she did was tell me I'm fat and I tired her out..... so glad to be done with her....

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017