Ratings for Dr. Suma Satya

Scheduling and wait times are horrible. Plan to wait for 1-2 hrs. Have to admit she does seem knowledgeable -but am worried if she has to deliver my son as I read she broke a newborns arm during delivery. Not sure if I'd ever come back due to all the mismanagement in the office. If that can't go smoothly how can you manage to deliver someone's baby.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

The wait time was always an hour or more. I had sciatica and she basically told me there was nothing that I could do and didn't even ever any ideas on what to do.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

I saw Dr. Satya - 2nd time in 2 years having a D&C to remove an endometrium polyp. She said it was benign. Then she said uterine tissue was scanty and said in her opinion it looked benign (upon observation during hysteroscopy). And yet, an ultrasound showed 12mm thick tissue... Pathology report stated tissue was insufficient for assessment. MEANING that there was no diagnosis at all. This was the 2nd polyp in 2 years I had removed. There is a family history of uterine cancer. I approached the possibility of a hysterectomy. She said it was too risky. But if there was a genetic marker for it, it would be done. She never offered to find out if there was a marker... I said but you stated I'm probably just one of those people who is prone to polyp growth. I asked if the polyp was growing in the same place as the last one. She was surprised and obviously didn't think of that, but didn't offer to research it: "Oh I can't look, the files are at the Saint John Regional Hospital". I was concerned about repeated D&C's and general anesthesia, which also bring risks. She was silent and offered nothing. I will never return to her again. My mother, who had uterine cancer, asked for a referral to an ob/gyn oncologist in Moncton. We waited for over three weeks for a referral to be sent - the reply to me and a Patient Representative was that it was "on her desk and Dr. Satya is very busy and it will be sent when she has time. Well finally, it was sent within a couple of hours after I contacted one of the top Executives of Horizon Health directly, who agreed that it should have been sent immediately and contacted the Chief of Staff of Saint John Regional and the Chief of Family Medicine in order to have the referral sent. Her assistant at the hospital, Lorraine, does not want to be helpful at all. This woman cannot be trusted, in my opinion. I will never see her again and will ask to be referred to another specialist.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

Bring a book if your going to see her in her office, because the wait can be anywhere from 5 mins to 2 hours. Other than that, I loved Dr.Satay! I never felt rushed during our appointments and she always addressed all my concerns.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

Where to start.... well when I first started with Dr satya she was great however that changed. I have had many complications so she wanted me to try the Mirena to save me from having a hysterectomy at a young age.. so I said OK I'll try it.. her words were " I can't not say it will work it is a 50 50 chance but if it does that will bide me 5 years, give me 3 months and It doesn't work I will remove it and we will do a hysterectomy ". Well that was not true.... 11 months later of having a period the whole time, seeing her 3 different times and not once being examined, & putting me on estrogen pills without blood work, I had my family Dr remove the Mirena. Well then it came down to being out of options and needing a partial hysterectomy. She was the one to do the surgery and after speaking with my family Dr he has no doubt that she couldn't do this surgery and do it well. So I signed the papers and she has suggested I try to loose some weight as I am bigger over the next 6 months as the wait list was lengthy. Well I got call to go in within 3 months.. and a month proir to this surgery i had my gallbladder removed which made losing a lot of weight harder. So the day came for surgery, the surgery went well. However her bed side manner on the other hand is a absolutely horrible. She did not go out after surgery to let my mother ( a worried mother ) know all had gone well. And the day after my surgery she walked into my hospital room and asked how I was feeling.. I said " I'm OK just tired and sore". Well her response was " yeah well I'm tired and sore too because your surgery took all my energy cus u are too big and u have to loose weight, oh and u had a bulky uterus and lost a litre and a half of blood during surgery, I'll see u tomorrow ".....and she didn't not check my incision. excuse me I don't think so.... she made me feel like it was all my fault and she stood there an belittled me. Then just walks out.. you know what yes im bigger but that does not give her the right to make this all my fault, I am here patient and it shouldn't have been made about her. let just say by that night i had spoke to a head nurse who spoke to the Dr about it and her response was well I was just being honest.. well I was soon given a new gyno and didn't not see Dr satya again. This all just happen 5 weeks ago, Now had she taken the time to talk to me she would have known that between the 30 days of having my gallbladder out and the partial hysterectomy she did, I had lost 10 pounds.. but she didn't know that cus she didn't take the time.. all she did was tell me I'm fat and I tired her out..... so glad to be done with her....

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr Satya isn't punctual, expect to wait over an hour and to be hurried out of her office before you've had all of your concerns addressed. She performed a surgery on me and didn't plan on discussing what she did when I woke up. She also refused to look at my incisions during my post op appointment. All in all knowledgeable doctor but she has no bedside manner and will make you feel like a burden! She didn't address my fertility issues at all and dropped me as a patient with no explanation.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Terrible receptionist! Very unprofessional and has no idea about her job nor how to book appointments, should not be working in a doctors office. Twice now she has "mistakenly" book me for a reg Pap when I was supposed to be having a procedure done at the Regional hospital. As my abnormal cells proceed to grow ( which can turn to cancer) I have to wait once again for another appointment. If you're a patient of Dr Satya I recommend you to speak to her personally instead of to her knowledge lacking receptionist. Dr Satya herself I give her a 4, But Calling today to get a referral to another obgyn because of her staff member.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I went to hospital to have my son early in the day (scheduled to be induced) satya was on and I begged her to not do the pictocin as I had never given birth and wanted to go as natural as I could.. she wanted to check me 2 hours later and see how I was progressing and asked if I had had a sweep, I told her yes my doctor had done one and it was very uncomfortable and actually hurt terribly (Patterson lol) and I didn't want another.. she asked if I was sure and if she could do a small sweep and I said no, absolutely not and she did it anyway!!! I was horrified! Then after 4 hours she rudely told me I needed the pictocin or if be here 10 the next night still pushing. I asked her to break my water first, she reluctantly did and said it wouldn't help.. 25 minutes later I was in full on labor and thank god, my doctor, doctor Patterson came on shift and was he one to deliver my son a few hours later... wouldn't send a wheel barrow to satya!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Moved from out west and was referred to Satya by original gyno, waited 2 & 1/2 hours to see Dr. Satya on my first appointment to find out that she could not renew my prescription of pain medications because she does not have a narcotics license. I am prescribed diazepam for pelvic floor dysfunction & dilaudid for Vulvodynia & chronic pelvic pain. She told me I would have to see a family doctor which can take up to a year to be matched with one. This means that I will run out of my pain medication before I am matched up with a family doctor, this scares me because I will go through withdrawal symptoms from my diazepam that I take nightly. Her staff was nice but I was so incredibly upset about the fact that I had to wait nearly 3 hours.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017