Ratings for Dr. Karen Wong

Dr. Wong has been a blessing to us. My husband had a very bad experience for 1 year in Saskatoon. He was then referred to Dr. Wong and his health (Chrones) has stabalized and has been in excellent health for 2 years now. We always give her excellent recommendations. Punctual, friendly, always answers questions, takes time to talk. Bravo

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

This should actually be a ZERO STAR rating. My husband is currently admitted at the u of a under this doctor. She is not knowledgable at all. My husband had a CT scan and colonoscopy early in the morning and she never even came around that day to discuss any results or plan with him. He had already not eaten since Wednesday; so by Saturday I had to take matters into my own hands cause even the nurses weren't advocating for him as they should be. I called and had to speak with the charge nurse who then got dr Wong up to speak with my husband. First she said he needs to stay the weekend then it changed to Tuesday then Wednesday and now Friday. I am actually an experienced nurse and have worked in this field before for over 5 years and in an icu for 6 years now so I know when a doctor is dangerous. When discussing his results she said she saw him have the scope by another doctor but my husband was awake and didn't see or hear her come in at all. She kept exaggerating how bad his bowel looked but the actual specialist who was doing the scope didn't seem as concerned. She wants to just to the hardest drugs and treatments and over medicalizes even the simplistic of things. I just don't want anyone else going through this experience were having I have no confidence in any of her decisions cause she can't support them when asked. My husband is diagnosed with ulcerative cholitis and she just keeps saying chrons and I have to correct her. She was supposed to round on my husbands room next cause she had done every other room already but decided to skip him and his roommates and go for a two hour lunch instead when my husbands roommate was literally waiting for a discharge order from her to go home. Please if you can, avoid this doctor at all costs she is not safe!!!!

Submitted February 23, 2016

She had accused me of faking my illness. She was rude, uneducated,and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I was refered to her when my specialist was on mat leave and was told that she had no time to see patients and the closest apt I could get was 10 months from the date (a full month after my specialist would return) I called. Why a doctor would accept a group of extra patients when she clearly doesnt have time for her own is beyond me. She cares little for her patients and seems more concerned with keeping her hours filled up so she is being paid than actually caring for the patients in her clinic.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

not a good experience is all I have to say. Do not let your GP refer you to her!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

This Doctor has no business being a Doctor very appalling to say the least! Here are some words I put together: Rude, Arrogant, unknowledgeable, uncaring, ignorant, Phony, daydreamer, and UNEDUCATED. I do not know how this woman past her MCAT let alone become a GI?? I went to see her and she had no clue. I asked her about my medication side effects and she could not answer. My Crohn's is still not in remission and she offers no other solutions she keeps you on the same medication that is not working! I am going to the US and I will pay for a GI to give me new medication! I would not reccommend a dog to her! It is pretty sad that you have to put up with this nonsense and only because I have money I can get better advice and help! I hope she gets it together for the less fortunate people who do not have my option! I will pray that she resigns soon for their sake! All posts on here are true! Please BEWARE! I like the animal hospital bit; it is 100% true! Beware of Dr. Karen Wong!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2011

My daughter ended up seeing this Doctor, she is very rude and unpleasant. I know for a fact my daughter takes her medications and she always questions it. "Hello Dr. Wong, perhaps we should try something else." This doctor is not very smart and should quit her job she is doing more harm than good for our IBD patients in Alberta! I am considering calling the college on her? I am awaiting a phone call from a different GI hopefully this happens soon for my poor daughters sake!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

Dr. Karen Wong has looked after my son since he was 17; he is now 19. He has always been a challenging case. She has no sympathy, no empathy, is not interested in the challenge to try and solve his case. She has never done anything to help him. She is judgemental and narrow minded. You would think that such a young doctor would be more enthusiastic and caring. I don't understand why she would even want to be a doctor. It appears she doesn't care that there is a person attached to the desease. I think she should have been an accountant. Numbers don't have a life to live.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2011

She was always in a rush. It felt like if it wasn't textbook she had no care. I had a tumor on my ovary and failed to tell me after a test she ordered. She gave me no answers or help and was very demeaning. She didnt put any effort in.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

I saw Dr. Wong for a gastrocopy and a colonoscopy. She was very pleasant and professional, answered my questions and gave me both oral and written instructions for follow-up. I can't comment on her detailed knowledge about Crohn's and medication side-effects. I will be seeing her for a followup appointment and update this posting if my perceptions change.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011