Ratings for Dr. James G. McAllister

1st visit = our last visit, for sure! Truly unbelievable and would NEVER recommend him to anyone, a total waste of time!! I plan to report him to not only my insurance provider but also to the medical board as he broke a number of "golden" rules and most importantly, to "First Do No Harm"... I have no doubt that he caused more harm to my daughter's well-being, he also caused harm to myself (MOM) and other immediate family members that attended the visit as well. Save yourself, don't call on this man's help as he provided us no help whatsoever. Trust me, do your own homework first before making an appointment to see this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Very rude. Felt like I was wasting his time. Didn't go back.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2013

OMG. This guy appears to need a shrink himself. We could tell he had some problems by his demeanor and the way he did his questioning. I WOULD NEVER recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

He lists himself as an adolescent psychiatrist. I took my 14 yr old with serious issues - he asked a few questions but couldn't hear her answers (she has a soft voice), admitted he didn't have his hearing aids in! I ended up giving him the background. He asked what I wanted. I said she needed a prescription and he wrote one. Our therapist had called multiple times to bring him up to date on our case and had faxed over the file. The dr. did not return the calls and never saw the file. Very unproductive visit when we were at a very difficult time and really needed some help.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2009

Dr. James G. McAllister's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1960)