Ratings for Dr. Harmanpreet Dhaliwal

We have been with her for years - one her first patients in Surrey. We moved to Vancouver downtown but still went to see her. We introduced all our family members to her as patients so her business grew. Then she moved to Cloverdale so we decide to switch to a downtown doctor and she wanted 50$ for each of us to forward our notes. Is this how you treat patients who have no choice but to move - is this caring? Have no complaints about her otherwise and if we lived in Cloverdale would stay with her. However, a 20mile round trip to see her when she decides to relocate is too far and then 50$ for forwarding/copying notes is not very caring.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

I have an autoimmune disease she has no knowledge.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

She doesn't overbook herself to attend to her patients' need better. Love doc dhaliwal!!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. Dhaliwal is a great doctor. It's so hard to find a good female family doctor. She takes the time to make sure she understands what the issue is and follows up accordingly. She is also very good with babies and kids and is very knowledgable. Also, I love it that I can usually get an appointment within one or two days.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

She is a good doctor only if you do not have any health problems. If you do, then the depth of her knowledge is revealed so quickly. It is a waste of taxpayer's money! Do not go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

It is time to seek out a new physician after being a patient of Dr. Dhaliwahl a few years. I rarely go in, but when I do the appointments are much too brief and shallow with no checks on health, and barely covering the item for which I've come in for. In the 5 years I’ve been her patient not once have I had any sort of physical, weight check, heart/blood pressure check, etc., or been in her office for over 5 minutes. Three times a prescription has been immediate without even looking at the area for which she is prescribing for. Reception has changed over the last couple of years and while she’ll fit you in quickly as there are lots of open appointments, please don’t go beyond trying to book a time with her as she is snappy and condescending.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I am so happy that Dr. Dhaliwal is my family doctor. I have been struggling with anxiety. Her receptionist fit me in when I needed to be seen and the doctor took her time to listen and offered me a number of handouts on how to manage myself. She did a follow up phone call to check on me. There are people posting below who say things that I can not agree with. I have been a patient here for over 4 years and see her regularly, and the doctor is never more than 15 minutes behind. (this is really good- my other doctor was 45 minutes typically) The receptionist has been there for a while, and she is friendly and seems to genuinely enjoy her job and helping people. She has slipped me in for the same day, or the next day based on why I was coming in. Dr. Dhaliwal is always friendly when she is at the front desk, however I do want to say that she is often working while sitting at the front desk so when I am there she smiles and/or says hello and I wait to see her IN my appointment. I do not expect her to socialize with me or stop what she is doing when I walk in the office. I expect she is busy with her other patients. ( I know I am not her only patient) Over all I think that she is fantastic and I trust her. I feel good knowing that my doctor cares about my well being. Thank you Dr. Dhaliwal, I appreciate your dedication to your patients.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

My family and I love dr dhaliwal. She never excuses a concern and always refers on to a specialist when needed. She's great with kids and always takes the time to give my son a sticker... Which may seem trivial but she is the only doctor he isn't brought to tears to go see. We get our appointments when needed and get in on time. We love her :)

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Have been a patient of Dr. Dhaliwal for over many years. In the many visits i have had she has never listened to my heart, checked my temperature, looked in my ears or throat, made me move my joints, checked my weight, etc. She asks questions and quick to write a prescription and get me out of the office. She talks really nicely to me inside the room, yet in the reception area she does not even make eye contact with her patients, not a smile, not a hello. Her staff is rude and it seems like every time I go back for another appointment she has a new receptionist! Her schedule is ridiculous and she is late 9 out of 10 times.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Dr. Dhaliwal has always been willing to take the time to actually talk to me in detail about the reason(s) for my visit. She never rushes me out of her office like some doctors I have seen in the past. She is also very thorough in the notes she takes during my visits. Dr. Dhaliwal has no problem referring me to a specialist if she feels that is what I need. In summary, I feel that she takes a genuine interest in her patients and their well being.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015