Ratings for Dr. Varjan Mensurian

I was his patient for 10 years, and kept returning to him to complain of extreme pain for over a year. He refused to diagnose the problem. I returned to him at least 4 or 5 times to seek help with pain that would keep me up at night, and all he ever did was give me a free sample of toothpaste which would address thinning enamel. He supposed this was the problem, without ever doing a diagnostic process. I went to get a second opinion, and the other dentist ran a thorough diagnostic, and it turns out I desperately needed a root canal; my tooth was in such bad shape that it actually fell within the top 10th percentile of problem teeth. Because it had gone for so long without proper care, my one root canal took over 10 appointments. I sought help from Mensurian for over a year. He ignored my descriptions, and actually scolded me for grinding my teeth, and he refused to conduct a proper assessment of the cause of my pain. I was his patient for over 10 years, and yes, he smiles and is nice, but when there is an actual problem, where cleaning or a simple cavity isn't the answer, he isn't willing to do the work. He should retire.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Very effective and focussed care.Does most thorough plaque cleaning ever!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Went in for a new crown as existing porcelain crown had broken. After discussing gold versus porcelain -- I asked for a gold crown on my lower molar. Wound up with a porcelain - no explanation.. I wonder, is a porcelain crown cheaper than a gold crown ???

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

I was seen by the dentist right away and he talked to me about a couple things that needed to be done and then the hygienist took over, without taking any x-rays even though I had not had any done in awhile. The hygienist never did any scaling and just a quick polish, fluoride and I was done. Everything seemed a bit off for the whole appointment so I decided to go to a different dentist for another check up and he had missed two issues and the ones he did say were needed were purely cosmetic and on back molars. I was glad that I did not get any work done by him since I did not feel comfortable at his office and they are clearly not very busy since they offered me follow up appointments for the week of my check up. I would suggest a different dentist.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

The most thorough cleaning that I have ever experienced,leaving me in better gum health.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2014

today i seen dr varjan mensurian i m realy happy fix my teeht...price was reasonable..he is nice guy

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Yes, he may want to sell you botox, but it seems that as of late every dentist is trying the same. Not sure why this is happening. I have been Dr Mensurian's patient for many years (10+), and have had no issues. He is really good at what he does.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013

So rude, absolutely the worst bedside manner. Was more concerned with selling me botox than actually caring about my dental health and well-being. I am scared of the dentist and he didn't give a crap.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

Dr Mensurian is great. He has been my dentist for 10 yrs now. He is knowledgeable,efficient,caring and always gives the best solution to fix the problem.As mentioned in previous ratings the cheapest solution might not be the best solution.Dr mensurian and his staff are great. I deff recommend him to anyone looking for a dentist.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2012

Just back from my appointment with Dr. Mensurian. He's been my dentist since 1995 when I moved to Vancouver and am happy to say that the treatment I've received over the years has been first rate. He is ethicalt and knowledgable and his assistants have been most efficient. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012