Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Hurwitz

excellent experience, very thorough, took excellent care of my father, family doctor took a look at the operative site and stated it was a great job

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Excellent bedside manner. Patiently explained the pros and cons of my surgery and provided excellent follow up care. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Amazing doctor, very knowledgeable,great personality & helpful.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I brought my 97 year old father to see Dr. Hurwitz for a blocked tear duct. I found him to be very kind, patient and knowledgeable. It was difficult for my father to transfer up to the chair, so Dr. Hurwitz found a way to do the surgery, while my father remained in his own wheelchair. He was very pleasant and accommodating.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

I saw Dr. Hurwitz for a blocked tear duct, he couldn't of been more wonderful. He was very caring, patient, explained the surgical procedure. All went well, my eye is perfect. All his staff was great as well. Thanks Dr. Hurwitz :)

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I consulted this doctor about a blocked tear duct. He suggested external surgery which would have resulted in a scar down my nose. He gave me the rate of success as 95-97%. I said that I wanted an internal procedure. He told me that the rate of success is much lower and he does not do the procedure. I then went to another specialist who was willing to do the internal procedure and the researched rate of success is 95%. Dr. Hurwitz's approach was unethical as he is fully aware of the success rate of the internal procedure, but wanted to fill his surgery schedule. It is a requirement of any doctor to fully disclose all information concerning a procedure including details of all alternatives. I do not believe for one minute that he was unaware of all the statistics. Shame on you Dr. Hurwitz!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

He may be a good eye surgeon, but when he operated on my eye, he was impatient and a bit rough. Not a good chairside manner. I wouldn't go back to him.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

I would NEVER go back to this doctor. This is the fifth eye doctor I've seen for tearing and not one of them can diagnose, all they do is send me back to a ENT and they in turn send me back to opthomology. This is why our healthcare is so overbudget. This guy was offhand, impatient, couldn't give me any idea what was wrong, and kept repeating "I'm only seeing you because you were referred by another specialist", well don't put yourself out on my account, and again wants to send me back to someone I've already seen. Wasting my precious time, how much do these specialists get paid? Worse than useless. And one other thing...if you're going to be that close to your patients...use a good mouthwash...if you follow...

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

Dr Hurwitz has been my doctor for 14 years with a cronic eye condition. He is very kowledgeable, kind and always personally concerned. His staff is also kind. Dr. Hurwitz is considered one of the top Opthalmologist in Ontario and I would strongly agree!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2009