Ratings for Dr. Gulbahar P. Donn

Dr donn is the worst gyn doctor to go too. She does not like to answer questions and she is always in a rush... she is not helpful at all... she just wants to take patients money ....she's not caring at all....I don't recommend her at all....

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

I don’t have a problem with doctors who are straight to the point, as long as they are meticulous about their profession. From my experience, I felt Dr. Donn didn't take my symptoms seriously, and was dismissive. She didn't like to be questioned and often seemed discombobulated. Furthermore, as for empathy, it’s definitely out of the window. I went to go see Dr. Donn today, in regards to some discomfort and red flags I have been experiencing lately. She gave me her unwanted advice about my hyphenated last name. She continued to explain why I should stick to one (Unbelievable). Now since, we got that out of the way. I gave her a brief history and what I would like her to look for. The so called examination took less than 1 minute. I was confused, and assumed she would use an ultra-sound to detect if anything was wrong. She said, I need to be seen by a doctor and to book another appointment. To my understanding she is a gynecologist. She said, she doesn't like using “these machines” and it’s only for her pregnant patients. I was genuinely worried. She told me to get to the emergency room. I was completely flabbergasted and put my clothes on. She didn't say a word, not even bye. This is my 1st visit and last with Dr. Donn

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr donn may be excellent at her work, but the fact that she's dealing with pregnant women throughout, she needs to be more compassionate. She has this assumption that everyone should know everything n so when we ask her a question she gets annoyed, and pass sarcastic remarks . I liked her initially but then she was getting a bit too unprofessional

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

She was fine as a routine checkup doctor if you didn't mind the overbooking and quick office visits. However, I would not consider her as my obstetrician. For that you need someone who is willing to spend time with you, answer questions, not rush you and actually seem to care. There are better doctors out there and many of them do not overcharge your insurance for the same services other doctors do for half the price.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I had her last 5 years ago. I loved her as my ob/gyn doctor. I do miss her. She was very knowledgeable, nice and helpful. She did what she had to take good care of me. I was able to get pregnant and I am so happy. Right when I found out i was pregnant she did an ultra sound. I costed me because I had to change Insurance because I was out of age. I had Empire blue shield and then Aetna

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

Dr. Donn took a rather long call during my visit and was not at all empathetic even though I was in a great deal of pain and excessively bleeding. She made me feel like I should have known better and have had an ablation to treat my endometriosis, instead of asking me if any other GYNs had ever suggested the procedure to me, which they had not. And, instead of explaining what the procedure was, she told me to go home an look it up on the Internet. Lastly, when I asked her to document the reason for my visit in the form of a doctor's note for my employer (4 days of excessive bleeding and pain), she would only provide me with a note to cover my visit. It is my opinion that she is unprofessional and has no people skills. Needless to say, I would not recommend Dr. Donn. It's no surprise that she requires co-pays BEFORE she sees her patients, otherwise I don't think anyone would pay after being treated so shabbily.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

insurasnce was 1199. Dr Donn was very caring, knowledgeable and kind.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2011

I liked her in the beginning but the more I got to know her, the less I felt comfortable with her. She could be very short-tempered and sarcastic, and seemingly took it personally if I asked any questions instead of just trusting her blindly. She even made some callous remarks during and after my C-section. She did a good job on the C-section, and was very thorough and cautious with the pregnancy, but I dreaded going to see her for appts. and hope I can find someone nicer for my next pregnancy. If you have a "thick skin," then she is fine. When you are pregnant though, emotions run wild and she is was a little hard for me to handle.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2010

Every time i go to see her, shes cheerful. And what amazed me; she remembered me, aspect of my private life. With the amount of patients she sees its really amazing.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

Dr. Gulbahar P. Donn's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• German

• J N M C Med Coll, Karnataka Univ, Belgaum, Karnataka, India (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Elmhurst, NY