Ratings for Dr. Gillaad Kaplan

This doctor has a poor track record for follow-up on GERD and Barrett's syndrome. It is inexcusable for a condition that is known to predispose to esophageal cancer. It is up to the doctor himself to make sure he hires staff who look after their patients. He freely admitted to allowing one patient to "slip through the cracks". Not acceptable, busy schedule notwithstanding.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Kaplan's for a few years and appreciate his time and patience and understanding. He has always answered my questions and concerns and follows up through his staff and followup appointments.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2015

I have found Dr Kaplan to be very patient and understanding as my chrons doctor. He is on times and always spends the time answering all my questions and dealing with all my concerns. He is also an amazing teacher to the interns that are always following him. He has made gone above and beyond in getting me all the tests-mri,ultrasounds, scopes in a very short period of time to properly diagnosis my major reactions to traditional medications as autoimmune pancreatitis . I can now get the proper treatment. I can say nothing but positive things about Dr Kaplan.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

I know Dr. Kaplan on a professional and patient level, and he has disappointed me greatly in both. He is very unhelpful and uninterested in patient cases despite the media show that he puts on, and he considers his busy schedule a reason for patients to accept subpar service. Follow-up never happens and patients get used to being ignored if they need to ask a question.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2014

A Great Doctor. He has been my doctor for well over 8 years. Very helpful, caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Kaplan. I have been suffering with Ulcerative Colitis for over 4 yrs. and have seen specialists in B.C., Ontario, Saskatchewan, and Alberta with countless Dr's. in between. And never have I had one that genuinely cared about my condition the way he does. He has gone out of his way on many occasions for me, and always remembers my history even though my visits are months apart. I can only hope that there are more Dr's and caregivers out there that have the same compassion and knowledge. I should also mention that the rest of the staff that I dealt with in the building were quite pleasant to deal with as well.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

After being diagnosed with severe Crohns disease, I saw Dr.Kaplan. He was very concerned and empathetic when I first saw him. He put me in the hospital when I needed to be, and did outpatient care when I needed it. He has a very poor opinion of painkillers, and will not prescribe them. Luckily my family dr will. He has done everything he could to keep me from getting surgery, and it has worked, as I am now in remission. He got me approved for remicade, which is very, very expensive. Thanks to him, I am on disability and have full medical coverage. I am very grateful to have him as my dr, although we don't always see eye to eye. He has gotten me referrals for other medical problems, and his nurse clinician is one of the nicest ladies I have ever met. She is always sympathetic, and gives me the answers I need.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

He is not very punctual and appears not to be concerned with my issues

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

Excellent and very knowledgable. He takes time to explain everything and very logical in his responses. I was thoroughly impressed with him. I wish there were more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

After a constant turnover rate of the docs in the GI clinic, Dr. Kaplan finally became my full time GI doc about 2 years ago. I am so thankful for him every day. He remembers me and my details, even if I haven't seen him for a few months. I have finally found a doc that I am on the same page with. He didn't try to force Prednisone on me when every other doc had tried. He is open to letting me partner with him in my treatment, and let me try doing alternative therapies for my Crohn's, while still under his care. He is kind, compassionate and caring, and even through the tears you sometimes feel with this frustrating disease, he always listens and explains and gets me to a place of happiness. As I was once his last appt of the day, he stayed til 5 to explain different therapies and clinical trials, and gave me samples of the meds that I would be taking. I would highly recommend Dr. Kaplan, and look forward to my next visit.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010